Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Fire breathing monster

Quote Originally Posted by Brian46 View Post
    You can not just cut a longer barrel this short, has to be a newly manufactured one at that length
    Yes you can, if it starts out as non restricted and the finished product still meets the criteria for non restricted you can do whatever you want to it.
    I think you may be thinking of the rules for restricted rifles. Can't shorten the barrel of a restricted rifle even though it should technically make no difference since it would still be restricted. Canadian firearms law makes a lot of sense eh? I know a guy that takes his 22 inch hunting rifles to a smith and turn them into 18 inch, this is no different and only a semi auto has to remain over 18.6.
    Don't be so sensitive snowflake, words can't hurt you.
    "Facts don't care about your feelings" Ben Shapiro
    If it's on the muzzle it's a brake NOT a break

By the power vested in me as God of my world.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Brian46's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ShawnC6 View Post
    I know.. call it manufacturing the barrel if you want.

Blank cutting + finishing.
    The way your post read seemed like just cutting barrel, not a short replacement
    If it's either loud, obnoxious, fast, hated by the general population or any combination of these, I OWN IT!!

Quote Originally Posted by cr5 View Post
    Yes you can, if it starts out as non restricted and the finished product still meets the criteria for non restricted you can do whatever you want to it.
    I think you may be thinking of the rules for restricted rifles. Can't shorten the barrel of a restricted rifle even though it should technically make no difference since it would still be restricted. Canadian firearms law makes a lot of sense eh? I know a guy that takes his 22 inch hunting rifles to a smith and turn them into 18 inch, this is no different and only a semi auto has to remain over 18.6.
    Can not cut a bolt action barrel under 18" or it is restricted regardless of OAL. Yes our laws suck, but better you know them

A newly manufactured barrel at a length shorter than 18" is NR provided the OAL is still 26" or more
    If it's either loud, obnoxious, fast, hated by the general population or any combination of these, I OWN IT!!

Quote Originally Posted by NewGunner7.62 View Post

19lbs but being so compact it shoulders nicely. I really cant wait till i can fire her.

wow, a lot heavier than I was expecting. A full length Desert Tech HTI in 50bmg is only 1lb more

CGN Ultra frequent flyer ShawnC6's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cr5 View Post
    incorrect.

below 18" becomes prohibited regardless if its semi auto, or restricted / non.

The way your post read seemed like just cutting barrel, not a short replacement
    my bad, poor wording.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Cut below 18" becomes prohibited. New barrel installed below 18" as long as Overall length remains over 26" remains N/R. BC prohibits hunting with barrel shorter than 12". Not sure about other provinces.
    Semper Fi

Are we still waiting on a video?
    If so, NewGunner, would you be so kind as to entertain us?

Quote Originally Posted by TheCanAm View Post
    Are we still waiting on a video?
    If so, NewGunner, would you be so kind as to entertain us?
    Unless you can send some expanding 50bmg ammo i wont risk running into a snob CO and getting my truck/guns seized getting suspended from hunting and having a nice fine to go along with it and before you ask no the ranges wont allow BMG.....

FYI it wont be till mid to late Dec then i can shoot her. How do you think i feel? I got the toy iv wanted since i was like 13 years old and i cant shoot her.

Quote Originally Posted by NewGunner7.62 View Post
    Unless you can send some expanding 50bmg ammo i wont risk running into a snob CO and getting my truck/guns seized getting suspended from hunting and having a nice fine to go along with it and before you ask no the ranges wont allow BMG.....

FYI it wont be till mid to late Dec then i can shoot her. How do you think i feel? I got the toy iv wanted since i was like 13 years old and i cant shoot her.
    Hornady Amax is legal for hunting as it is not a FMJ. It may not be a good choice, but that is besides the point

Can not cut a bolt action barrel under 18" or it is restricted regardless of OAL. Yes our laws suck, but better you know them

A newly manufactured barrel at a length shorter than 18" is NR provided the OAL is still 26" or more
    Quote Originally Posted by ShawnC6 View Post
    incorrect.

below 18" becomes prohibited regardless if its semi auto, or restricted / non.
    Well that's news to me, I have learned something new today, thanks.
    Don't be so sensitive snowflake, words can't hurt you.
    "Facts don't care about your feelings" Ben Shapiro
    If it's on the muzzle it's a brake NOT a break

By the power vested in me as God of my world.