Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: BREN & THOMPSON Live CA for sale

CGN Ultra frequent flyer bogusiii's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramblr View Post
    I am actually surprised by the price of these. 2 200 for each? May I ask how they come in as low as that? Is it because of limited market, or something else? I would have thought an automatic (albeit prohibited) gun in Canada would go for higher than they do in the states, those prices hitting five figures there.
    If I read the original post correctly these are converted automatics so in essence they are semi automatic. Adding to the shortage of grandfathered 12.3 eligible owners, another part of their low price is that it's virtually impossible to shoot any of them. Still, knowing they are live and not a welded piece of crap is worth something...if you are legally able to own them in the first place.

The other good thing about these two is that they've been through the inspection part of the transfer recently (and passed). There are horror stories where these have been inspected, with the usual thoroughness of our firearm folks, only to find the auto to semi-auto conversion isn't to their liking and the firearm is seized. No compensation to either the buyer or the seller. And even if you do pass their inspection, the process can take literally years.

The BREN is sold pending funds.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Wolverine View Post
    The BREN is sold pending funds.
    Is the Thompson still available? How do I PM you? Do you have pictures yet?

Thank-you.
    Jim.

Quote Originally Posted by lanshoka View Post
    Is the Thompson still available? How do I PM you? Do you have pictures yet?

Thank-you.
    Jim.
    Hopefully you are James L as we have been emailing each other and this gun is on hold for you.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Wolverine View Post
    Hopefully you are James L as we have been emailing each other and this gun is on hold for you.
    Yes. Thanks John.

"East of the Rockies, and west of the rest" - Corb Lund
    Pretty envious of who ever bought the Bren. Too bad I wasn't born a couple decades sooner.

It's too bad about prohibited class being what it is, only a bunch of old guys can own these. Who doesn't need a Canadian made Bren gun?

Quote Originally Posted by trainman278 View Post
    It's too bad.... only a bunch of old guys can own these.
    Hey, hey, steady there, young buckaroo! We're not all on our death beds quite yet, ya know?!? I'm all of 53 and I know of others in their late 40s with the prohibited endorsements. Maybe that seems "old" to the young whippersnappers, but I'll let you in on a little secret - 50 is the new 30!!

What we need is an amendment to C10A that will allow prohibited long guns to be transported for legal discharge at any accredited civilian range with the appropriate calibre template, as is currently the case for 12 (6) prohibited handguns. My dozen or so prohib rifles and SMGs have been collecting dust in the safe since early 2005 when the last Special Authority to Possess permits were issued. It is nothing less than a crime against living history. Don't even get me started on the delayed confiscation without compensation to the estate, and no 12 (7) grandfathering of my prohibs for my son. Think about it - a mint FNC1A1 and C1 SMG (among others), going off to the smelter without a penny of compensation!! I refuse to let that happen to my prohibs. When I croak they will go to the nearest accredited gunsmith for deactivation and sale to the public under the care of my executor. The government can kiss my shrapnel-scarred azz. One way or another, they aren't getting their greasy mitts on my hardware!
    Mark C

Quote Originally Posted by Bartok5 View Post
    Hey, hey, steady there, young buckaroo! We're not all on our death beds quite yet, ya know?!? I'm all of 53 and I know of others in their late 40s with the prohibited endorsements. Maybe that seems "old" to the young whippersnappers, but I'll let you in on a little secret - 50 is the new 30!!

What we need is an amendment to C10A that will allow prohibited long guns to be transported for legal discharge at any accredited civilian range with the appropriate calibre template, as is currently the case for 12 (6) prohibited handguns. My dozen or so prohib rifles and SMGs have been collecting dust in the safe since early 2005 when the last Special Authority to Possess permits were issued. It is nothing less than a crime against living history. Don't even get me started on the delayed confiscation without compensation to the estate, and no 12 (7) grandfathering of my prohibs for my son. Think about it - a mint FNC1A1 and C1 SMG (among others), going off to the smelter without a penny of compensation!! I refuse to let that happen to my prohibs. When I croak they will go to the nearest accredited gunsmith for deactivation and sale to the public under the care of my executor. The government can kiss my shrapnel-scarred azz. One way or another, they aren't getting their greasy mitts on my hardware!
    Well said dad

CGN Ultra frequent flyer bogusiii's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bartok5 View Post

YES!!!!

And how about rescinding the 'grandfathering' of these prohibs so rare, historic firearms in the 50 to 100 year old rage can be passed on and aren't smelted or welded shut. Surely the reason for prohibiting these pieces of history is long passed (if it ever existed in the first place...which it didn't).

What I find worse, is that if these 'prohibs' do get deactivated so they live on, it's to such a rigid (anal) standard that they are all but slag. The old 'cock and click' standard would render them just as safe and preserve at least a little of their respectability.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast