Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: Sumbro kind of makes buying reloads pointless

CGN Regular
    The older stuff I have was averaging 2 ftf per mag in my cz p-07, so they must of changed something.

CGN frequent flyer
    Another one of these threads eh... seems like about 1 a week... or more whenever Tenda advertises the stuff.

The VAST majority... if not ALL of the bad reviews were from the old batch of this stuff a few years ago. It was no secret that stuff was crap... no one is arguing that or denying it.

But this is a new batch... new manufacture and its clearly WAY better. Just look at the number of people who've fired 1-2000 rounds with only 1 or 2 problems. I can't say I've had that positive an experience with Winchester Forged, Blazer aluminum or Bernaul (though I wont argue with someone who HAS).

Ive fired 1000 rounds.... maybe a bit more, from their last bulk packaged 1500 round box and I havent had a single FTE, FTF or squib. They DO feel hotter than my other 9mm stuff but I've run it in my Kriss, Sub2K, SR9 and TP9SF and havent had ANY issues at all. I would say its maybe a BIT cleaner than blazer aluminum. Cleaner than Winchester forged.

Its good ammo... not the best, definitely not the worst. For the money, its REALLY hard to pass up.

I haven't purchased any of this ammo as I solely reload 9mm for practice and competitions. But, I do know that ever single SUMBRO case I find in my mixed bag of range brass goes in the trash. After having to take apart many bullets that didn't pass my EGW case gauge and then didn't pass the chamber check I was extremely annoyed to say the least. Reloading is time consuming and nothing worse than having to continually take bullets apart and slowing me down. I reload approximately 8-10K rounds a year, I have no time for brass that slows me down in that process.

All other range brass that is picked sizes fine in my dillon, just not the SUMBRO.

Now it may be worth it prices wise to buy this ammo if you don't reload as long as its reliable. Personally 1/1000 rounds that fail is acceptable, but nothing beyond that. I have a pretty high standard for ammo as most competitors do. With that being said, if that 1 round cause a malfunction while I was competing and negatively effected my results, I would never use that ammo again, hence why I reload and know exactly every single round I use is good to go.......now I just need to fix the shooter haha!

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456