Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Updated Experience at The Shooting Edge

BANNED
    That's good to hear. When I went to pick up a rifle from there recently a cocky range officer threatened me (he was carrying) at the gun counter without me having done any wrong. Having been a range supervisor myself, if he were my employee he would have gotten a stern talking to (if not being fired), but the staff seemed to not care that he had just threatened a customer. People who abuse power like that should not work in such places.

The Shooting Edge - CGN Sponsor TSE JR's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by driller212 View Post
    That's good to hear. When I went to pick up a rifle from there recently a cocky range officer threatened me (he was carrying) at the gun counter without me having done any wrong. Having been a range supervisor myself, if he were my employee he would have gotten a stern talking to (if not being fired), but the staff seemed to not care that he had just threatened a customer. People who abuse power like that should not work in such places.
    Sir, if you can give me any details about the incident, I would be happy to follow up with this.

Regards,

JR
    \"J.R."\
    CEO

The Shooting Edge, Target Sports Canada, William Evans

CGN Ultra frequent flyer GuiltySpark's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by driller212 View Post
    Quite the accusation. You didn't goto the police? Or even CGN-court? Weird.

The Shooting Edge - CGN Sponsor TSE JR's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GuiltySpark View Post
    Quite the accusation. You didn't goto the police? Or even CGN-court? Weird.
    I'm not doubting the post. I've seen some pretty stupid things over the years. But to correct behaviour, I need details.

JR
    \"J.R."\
    CEO

The Shooting Edge, Target Sports Canada, William Evans

Back in May, I was looking for a range to join and was struggling between the Shooting Edge and the Shooting Center. Both for me personally had their merits and their detractors so I decided to ask some questions of each. I went online to each stores website, detailed how I am a long time "walk on" shooter looking for a new long term range membership and asked he same four questions.....JR was the only one who got back to me, that alone spoke volumes!! Taking it one step further JR spend a fair amount of time trading email with me entertaining my questions. In addition, he worked with me to "approve" some ammo that I liked to use as it was one of my concerns about TSE and not being able to shoot anything I want ammo wise. Needless to say, I am now a member!!!

As for the Swiss thing, granted I don't know all the intimate details but there was a LOT of mud slinging both fact and fictional from everyone...especially from those not involved. One thing to remember is, regardless of how you feel, JR has also contributed a lot to the shooting community. We need to focus our efforts on Turdo and his minions.....not on people within our ranks!!!!!
    00110000001100100010111100110000001100010010111100 11000000110011 & 00110000001100010010111100110010001101010010111100 11000100110000

CGN Ultra frequent flyer nowarningshot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JayLei3000 View Post
    I don't know the intimate details of this, but I've heard summaries. I can totally understand why someone would never come back here if they were caught in that whole Swiss Arms mess...

I guess, I can only believe that, all people make mistakes. Some are harder to admit to and talk about than others. And I don't think that makes people inherently bad. Bad decisions don't make bad people or bad businesses. Forgiveness may sound cliche and it's the choice of each individual but it can go a long ways. I just don't see how holding on to people's mistakes indefinitely benefits anyone?

Just my thoughts!
    Well this comment and the one.directly below it make me shake my head. This wasn't a lack of judgement for a moment. He thoughtfully, and maliciously tried to rat out the competition. Started the ball rolling on the Swiss arms/CZ fiasco. Along comes C42, a less than helpful bill, as it turned out ....all we got......should/could have been more.....from our *friends the CPC. Never....ever a nickel in that store.
    A free society must outlaw harming innocent people to function, but when we seek to curtail what all of us can do, rather than holding each of us responsible for what we actually do, we give up on freedom itself.

Quote Originally Posted by nowarningshot View Post
    Well this comment and the one.directly below it make me shake my head. This wasn't a lack of judgement for a moment. He thoughtfully, and maliciously tried to rat out the competition. Started the ball rolling on the Swiss arms/CZ fiasco. Along comes C42, a less than helpful bill, as it turned out ....all we got......should/could have been more.....from our *friends the CPC. Never....ever a nickel in that store.
    I'd be interested to hear JR speak to this directly. I don't think anyone has out-right given him a chance to put his thoughts and actions up for official public scrutiny, at least on the forums? For those of us (including myself) who does not know this story well, I would be really inclined to hear him out before dropping the gauntlet on him. I do wonder if someone had held a gun to his head (figuratively speaking, and definitely no pun intended) that caused some less than popular actions, that perhaps we haven't or can't know about?

I think about a recent unnamed business owner who I had spoken to discretely, who had an unnamed enforcement entity not just threaten their business and personal well-being to the point of losing everything, including their freedom, but furthermore did it in a way where they had them sign non-disclosures that actually prevented the business owner from ever being able to publicly talk about their tribulations. And that only made things worse for them... they were never even able to talk about what had happened.
    Last edited by JayLei3000; 09-26-2017 at 03:46 AM.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer freezer filler's Avatar
    Kudos for posting a well written positive review! My own past experiences were less than stellar, but it's nice to see they are trying... unlike my LGS.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer onetwentyish's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by nowarningshot View Post
    If you believe that the RCMP were not already poised to reclassify the swiss prior to any involvement JR may have had, you are quite ignorant.

And if you believe that JR had any influence on the CZ reclassification, you are incredibly ignorant.

And if you don't compare the CZ and Swiss reclassifications, than you are ignoring the similarities in the scenarios. If you do compare them, it should be obvious the reclassification was iminent and coming soon regardless of JR's involvement.
    "I dont usually bring targets im more of a dirt shooter." -daniel_250r
    I am the "small fringe minority" with "unacceptable" views.
    CCFR 🍁 CSSA

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12