Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Updated Experience at The Shooting Edge

Thumbs up Updated Experience at The Shooting Edge

So a few months ago, I had an experience at The Shooting Edge, which I had posted about, that made me lose a lot of respect for this organization. On the CGN community, people shared similar experiences, and some less than refined individuals had made some less than worthwhile comments.

I believe in sharing customer experiences with business decision makers because it allows them the opportunity to know what is going on, and how to change and improve their business.

I am happy to say that, after JR, the owner of TSE had reached out to me personally, I had a need to make a purchase from his store, that resulted in such a GREAT experience, that I have to share it as well.

Today was a busy day in their store, with phones ringing, customers waiting around for help, and new shooters waiting to get into the range. Much different from last time though, as soon as I walked into the store, within a minute I was greeted by someone who asked if I needed some help. I told them I was looking for someone named Sam, and he quickly told me that as soon as Sam was free, and he was done with his customer, he would connect me with him. He had just helped a customer look at some handguns before he turned right over to me to acknowledge me. I had worn some sunglasses and a hat so as to not be recognized, and really wanted to see if the change in customer service was authentic.

I can say with confidence it was. The employees were focused on the customers and worked one after another after another to make sure everyone, including myself was helped.

I ended up picking up a new Fabarm Shotgun, along with a small shell carrier. I had mentioned I wasn't a fan of the pistol grip on the shotgun. Within minutes, Sam (the employee that was then helping me) had located a traditional shotgun stock in the back, along with an OEM shell carrier. On top of that, he took the time to offer and install both components for me on the new shotgun, and even took the care to Locktite the new screws. All amidst a busy traffic of customers. I spent some time browsing the store while he was doing this, and throughout his time I had two gentlemen come and politely and unobtrusively ask if I needed help. Both with professional and pleasant demeanor. I was impressed.

JR, I am not sure if you had a team meeting, or took the time to talk to your people about customer service, but today everyone that I noticed demonstrated professionalism and focus on the people that were in the store. The personal touch you added was also greatly appreciated!

Now THIS is a gun range that I wouldn't mind (and would happily) visit, and visit often, and recommend. My hat goes off to you and your team for this renewed sense of focus on people.

I would easily summarize today as one of the best experiences I have had in a gun-store, period, and I am glad to be able to share this with the community.
    Last edited by JayLei3000; 09-26-2017 at 03:42 AM.

Very cool of you to post your positive experience. Often we only ever hear the bad....

On a side note - congrats on the Fabarm. I bought one (STF/12) as my first shotgun and love it. Amazing quality and looks. Congrats.
    "Never trust a government that doesn't trust its own citizens with guns...."

CGN Regular
    +1 the folks on the floor are great people and always willing to help (and sam specifically has gone above and beyond several times). thx for sharing jay

We often see negative reviews on certain business but this is the opposite. Good on them getting your business and I hope you no longer need shade and hat whenever in store or do you want this to be a norm.
    #HijabHoax Khawlah Noman said the attacker pulled her hood down, cut her hijab from the bottom up. She Said she saw a young Asian male, roughly 5-foot-8 to 6 feet tall, wearing black pants, hoodie and brown gloves. Well,The whole country bought it.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer blaxsun's Avatar
    While I'm glad you had a positive experience, I will not spend one red cent (although i guess it's now a nickle) in this establishment based on the actions of the owner with respect to the Swiss Arms fiasco. There's throwing gun owners under the bus, then there's throwing them under the bus, getting in, driving over them and then backing up for good measure.

How this business remained a site sponsor defies belief. To-date only one manufacturer has banned sales of their product from this store; apparently principals in this industry are few and far between... It never ceases to amaze me how quickly people forget or are willing to let bygones by bygones. So be it.

I'm sure this comment or thread will be deleted/locked, but if it serves to make one more person aware of these shenanigans then it served its purpose.
    "Before me things create were none, save things Eternal,
    and eternal I endure. All hope abandon ye who enter here."
    Tune in next week... Same
    Bat time, same Bat channel.

CGN Regular
    I will say, some time ago, whilst making a purchase, I had a very sub standard customer service experience at the Edge. After putting some thought into it, I emailed JR and asked if he would like some honest feedback. His reply was a resounding "absolutely". I detailed my experience, without exaggerating or minimising anything. JR responded promptly. He told me he had reviewed the video, agreed with me, addressed it directly with the employee and apologised for me experiencing it.
    I don't think you can ask for any better response than that!!

Quote Originally Posted by blaxsun View Post
    While I'm glad you had a positive experience, I will not spend one red cent (although i guess it's now a nickle) in this establishment based on the actions of the owner with respect to the Swiss Arms fiasco. There's throwing gun owners under the bus, then there's throwing them under the bus, getting in, driving over them and then backing up for good measure.

How this business remained a site sponsor defies belief. To-date only one manufacturer has banned sales of their product from this store; apparently principals in this industry are few and far between... It never ceases to amaze me how quickly people forget or are willing to let bygones by bygones. So be it.

I'm sure this comment or thread will be deleted/locked, but if it serves to make one more person aware of these shenanigans then it served its purpose.
    I don't know the intimate details of this, but I've heard summaries. I can totally understand why someone would never come back here if they were caught in that whole Swiss Arms mess...

I guess, I can only believe that, all people make mistakes. Some are harder to admit to and talk about than others. And I don't think that makes people inherently bad. Bad decisions don't make bad people or bad businesses. Forgiveness may sound cliche and it's the choice of each individual but it can go a long ways. I just don't see how holding on to people's mistakes indefinitely benefits anyone?

Just my thoughts!

Quote Originally Posted by blaxsun View Post

Spoken like a true sheep. Perhaps some due diligence research into the RC's actions over the last decade in regards to this would serve you well. They are the ones you need to be concerned with, and not just for these.

JL - glad to hear you were treated well, I think that's all we ask for as customers.
    Last edited by SIGNUT; 09-24-2017 at 12:23 AM. Reason: Grammar, Andy.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the outcome of the vote." Benjamin Franklin

If it wasn't for JR we wouldn't have a PE90 at all.. not then and not now.

CGN Regular
    I have always had good time at the edge. Sometimes pretty busy but the staff are always friendly and helpful when I go in there. Really really wish I could shoot my surplus ammo there though.....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast