Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Pics from Select Shooting Supplies Range Day and store visit

Pics from Select Shooting Supplies Range Day and store visit

I have been looking forward to the Select Shooting Supplies second annual range day for several weeks now and needless to say, it did not disappoint! I had a great time shooting things on my “list” and visiting their store afterwards.

Guests were greeted by the Canadian Historical Arms Museum’s awesome display of military hardware

Stinger

M16A1

M60

Vickers water cooled heavy machine gun

MG42

Didn’t get the name of this very long gun

AK-74, Sterling L34A1, Thompson M1A1

The French Famas…I asked and it does NOT come equipped with a white flag

Cape gun

Ahhh I managed to find a knife on display, and a beefy one at that, shown with my RJ Martin kwaiken for size comparo

For a small donation to the Museum you could take a pic with one of the guns…this was a no brainer for me as I am happy to help the shooting community and I always wanted a pic with the M60. I shot one in Vegas but it was mounted on a tripod so I could not do a Rambo hip pic that time…I was amazed at how light it was!

Both the CCFR and CSSA were on hand to provide info and promote our sport (sadly I did not get a pic of the CSSA booth). It was nice to meet Tracey Wilson

Ok, on to the shooting! I have been to many range days but I think this was the largest selection of guns I have seen….I believe there were nearly 50 guns on the line including…precision rifles from Savage and Tikka

AR15s from F1, Daniel Defense, and S&W

Some sporting Vortex optics like the new Razor AMG..i tried to get pics of the red dot but it is challeging

BCM 102

Girsan MC28, Walther Q5, and IWI X95 9mm from North Sylva

CZ Shadows

Beretta APX and M9A3

Smith & Wesson 686 and M&Ps

Sig MPX and lots of P320s

I was most anxious to shoot the CZ Skorpion Evo…however I don’t think it is for me based on my body and experience with other platforms. Yes, the controls are ambidextrous but I did not find them intuitive as say the MPX which is the same as an AR.

The RO was kind enough to shoot it so that I could get an ejected casing pic lol

Fortunately they had the Sig MPX so I could shoot it side by side with the EVO and my conclusion about the MPX was the same as the last time that I shot it, I love it! I love the AR feel with zero recoil.

It has been a long time since I shot a Beretta and since I have been to a few Beretta events lately I wanted to give them another try. I chose the M9A3 and it was great! I preferred it over the Sig P226 Navy that I shot recently.

Last time I shot the Sig P320 with red dot I did quite well so I wanted to give that one another try as well. To my eye the red dot was not aligned with the iron sights but using it with both eyes open I was hitting the steel gong. I really think my next handgun should have a red dot sight.

Finally, I have always loved revolvers, especially .357s so I used my last ticket on the S&W 686…you really feel the power over 9mm lol.

Tons of people

Thanks to all the RSOs, Select Shooting Supplies, and to the Galt Sportsmens Club for putting on a great event.

All done shooting I headed down to Select Shooting Supplies store

As I have noticed with many Canadian gun stores that I have visited, their retail footprint is not huge but they manage to have a great selection.

I am a big fan of Benelli shotguns and have found them to be the most accurate. The SuperNova tactical is no exception and it was great to see a 14” variant, shown here with a Canuck Regulator, another shotgun that I really like.

Robinson Armament might be best known for their non-restricted XCR-L but they do make a restricted version, the Micro shown here with the Beretta Storm

My favourite handgun in the store was the S&W Performance Centre 1911…what a beauty!

Look at those details like the scales and big extractor

Slide cutouts

Grips

I also liked the custom battle worn coating on this Canuck 1911

For those who saw that recent video of a S&W 500 kaboom, here is the aftermath of one on a .357…legend has it that S&W honoured the warranty with a replacement gun even though this was caused by an out of spec reload.

More shots of the store, Bladetech

Magpul

And other gear

I got a Benelli LE patch to accompany my M4 LE.

All done shooting and shopping I headed out for lunch. As I have said in the past, wings tend to taste better with gunpowder so I stopped by WingsUp!

They were kind enough to let me try their two hottest sauces, Jamakan Hot and Sweat’N Bullets before dropping my wings. I prefer red sauces so I went with Sweat’n Bullets (an appropriate name as well!)

Very unique plating lol

The wings were great! I love the fact that you can request no breading, all flats and extra saucy (or as they call it Slightly Sloppy)

I also had the Stuffed Spuds, which are essentially breaded mashed potatoes

Definitely worth a repeat visit!

RL
    Last edited by RL1; 09-24-2017 at 05:37 AM.

Thanks for the pictures!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer gwhysow's Avatar
    Love the old USMC Medics bolo.

Thanks for sharing, awesome!!!

Thanks for the pics and review again!
    sm
    MALO PERICULOSAM LIBERTATEM QUAM QUIETUM SERVITIUM

Member CCFR

Small typo: "BCM 102" should be BCL 102.

That "really long gun" in the first few pictures looks to be a Boys Anti-Tank Rifle. .55caliber IIRC.
    Thanks for sharing
    ORA Service Rifle competitor, NSCC/DCRA supporter, CSSA and CCFR member + Firearms legal defence
    The Antis are after ALL of your firearms. NONE of them are “safe”.
    Wake up Canada!!.

thanks all i will make the corrections later

per Select's facebook page it is a Russian PTRS-41 and fires a 14.5x114mm round

Thanks for the great pics!
    I really enjoyed the opportunity to shoot a few AR15's, the S&W 686 and the BCL 102. Good turnout of great people.

CGN frequent flyer mozambique technique's Avatar
    Love these threads. Thanks RL!
    Unfortunately I've never seen a gun shop near me do a range day.
    Jesus, Mohammed, save me from your followers!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast