Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: 18% OFF September Special & NEW LAR-15 Steel Mags!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer berger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PaveHammer View Post
    Ultimately, we can't collectively keep our head in the sand and hope to not draw attention to some of the existing "loopholes" or interpretations of the law. I don't condemn Zahal for bringing these magazines to market, or attempting to, because it's done in the best interests of the firearms community. These magazines are no more rifle magazines than the original RRA mags are pistol magazines. If the company advertises that these magazines are designed for use in the commonly-available LAR-15 pistol, and are SPECIFICALLY DESIGNED for use in that pistol alone, that meets muster for the letter and spirit of the law, regardless of our own feelings or interpretations.

If the RCMP clamour all over these and use them as the example to prohibit all "pistol" magazines, I don't know that it's Zahal's fault - that's coming one way or another, and to say that it's their fault is disingenuous. It's a storm cloud on the horizon; it's coming whether you like it or not, and whether one importer starts the spark that ignites the fire or another or just a magazine getting picked up at the range.

This whole "don't do anything to draw attention to us!" mindset is infuriating. Status quo sucks - we only have the 10 round pistol magazines because a company decided to push the envelope. We can have full-size 10 round pistol magazines if this company pushes the envelope again.
    Well said.
    Prost!

Berger

CGN Ultra frequent flyer blaxsun's Avatar
    This is like dousing yourself with gasoline, dashing into a burning building and then faulting the fire department for wanting smoke detectors installed. It's also like saying that the SFSS was going to prohibit the Swiss Arms even if TSE initiated the complaint, provided working samples and all the reference material. I guess they weren't to blame, either.

Quote Originally Posted by berger View Post
    Well said.
    Can I quote you on this if this leads to the LAR15 (and similiar 10-round pistol magazines) being prohibited? Applaud these "efforts" all you want. Similar endeavours led to the Beowulf and 10/22 magazine prohibitions as well. Just don't say you weren't warned...
    "Before me things create were none, save things Eternal,
    and eternal I endure. All hope abandon ye who enter here."
    Tune in next week... Same
    Bat time, same Bat channel.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer berger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by blaxsun View Post
    This is like dousing yourself with gasoline, dashing into a burning building and then faulting the fire department for wanting smoke detectors installed. It's also like saying that the SFSS was going to prohibit the Swiss Arms even if TSE initiated the complaint, provided working samples and all the reference material. I guess they weren't to blame, either.

Can I quote you on this if this leads to the LAR15 (and similiar 10-round pistol magazines) being prohibited? Applaud these "efforts" all you want. Similar endeavours led to the Beowulf and 10/22 magazine prohibitions as well. Just don't say you weren't warned...
    LOL

Sure you can....cause I am completely responsible for all of this! Lol

...and the 10/22 mags were restricted because of the Ruger Pistol coming into this country, and as I mush as I hate to admit it and pains me to say it, that restriction is actually more clear as to why it occurred. The LAR mags and the laws surrounding them are not...pinned versus not pinned mags. Anyway, I am done arguing as the laws are not clear enough to do so. I am going to try and cancel my order if I can, as I am not looking to be on the wrong side of the law...never purchased Beowulf mags for that reason.
    Prost!

Berger

Absolutely, absolutely and yes.

If Zahal can provide reasonable proof that these are indeed manufactured for a specific pistol in whatever country that may be, and if CBSA let these in under those pretences without predjudice, then it would stand to reason that it is what it is.
    A longer length pistol magazine pinned to ten rounds.

And if it is im in for 20.

If not then it's at their own peril as a business and possible their freedom..

Quote Originally Posted by PaveHammer View Post
    Ultimately, we can't collectively keep our head in the sand and hope to not draw attention to some of the existing "loopholes" or interpretations of the law. I don't condemn Zahal for bringing these magazines to market, or attempting to, because it's done in the best interests of the firearms community. These magazines are no more rifle magazines than the original RRA mags are pistol magazines. If the company advertises that these magazines are designed for use in the commonly-available LAR-15 pistol, and are SPECIFICALLY DESIGNED for use in that pistol alone, that meets muster for the letter and spirit of the law, regardless of our own feelings or interpretations.

If the RCMP clamour all over these and use them as the example to prohibit all "pistol" magazines, I don't know that it's Zahal's fault - that's coming one way or another, and to say that it's their fault is disingenuous. It's a storm cloud on the horizon; it's coming whether you like it or not, and whether one importer starts the spark that ignites the fire or another or just a magazine getting picked up at the range.

This whole "don't do anything to draw attention to us!" mindset is infuriating. Status quo sucks - we only have the 10 round pistol magazines because a company decided to push the envelope. We can have full-size 10 round pistol magazines if this company pushes the envelope again.
    Click, Bang.

Let's make your comparison a little more realistic. These magazines would put all pistol magazines in peril if YOU initiated a complaint, provided working samples and all reference material to SFSS.

In your example, TSE was absolutely to blame for pulling the skirt of the RCMP and crying mommy. Zahal importing a product that they reasonably believe to be built specifically for use in an LAR15 pistol, in accordance with normal importation procedures for all firearms parts, meeting both the spirit and the letter of the law, is totally different than one company crying wolf on the other. If these magazines experience extra scrutiny at some point and put all LAR15 magazines in question, they were in a pretty precarious position anyway.

You could follow your own line of thinking to its logical conclusion and delete all your posts relating to this subject in order to not draw attention to these mags, and "not give them any ideas," as is the usual line of thinking.

Bradley

Quote Originally Posted by blaxsun View Post

If it's worth shooting once, it's worth shooting twice.
    LaRue STEALTH Crusader - Gen4 G34
    LARUEMINATI
    tap, rack, click...?

CGN frequent flyer
    Anyone received their pistol mags yet?
    Anyone received a visit from the RCMP/CBSA?
    The right to buy weapons is the right to be free.
    Bureaucracy not an instrument of democratic government but, on the contrary, the worst enemy of freedom and democracy.
    If the penalty for a crime is a fine, then that law only applies to the poor.

Can you get pistol mags of the same body length for 7.62x39 and 7.62x51 =)
    Travis Kay
    Proverbs 4:27
    http://www.traviskay.ca [laughably dated]
    http://linkedin.com/in/kaytravis

Super GunNutz
    The magazines have arrived and they are beautiful. I got the 4 pack 0f 10/30s. Still no swat or helicopters.
    Thanks Zahal-yet another painless transaction with you.
    Swifto

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Phat Eagle's Avatar
    Need 10/30 back in stock please!!!!!

Any of you received your 10/30 magazines?