View Poll Results: What shipper do you prefer when buying ammo? (you can select multiple)

Voters
150. You may not vote on this poll
  • CanPar

50 33.33%
  • UPS

77 51.33%
  • DHL

9 6.00%
  • Purolator

46 30.67%
  • Loomis

8 5.33%
  • Other (please post it below)

5 3.33%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: What shipper do you prefer when buying ammo?

GunNutz
    Quote Originally Posted by True North Arms Corp View Post
    We're thinking about getting into ammo, looking at shipping methods and costs. Tell us who you love and hate for ammo shipping
    Canpar has been great in my area (despite negative reviews from elsewhere). UPS would leave packages at the door on a few occasions until I strongly complained to the vendors. It seems problems depend on a particular area and distribution center.

Canpar is shzt....ups is good. If the receiver has sign up to their mychoice. They can either pre release or have it hodl for pick up at their choices of 711 or convenience store.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Gatehouse's Avatar
    Canpar and UPS are my favorites.
    375 Ruger is the NEW KING of the .375's. ALL HAIL THE NEW KING!

Canpar is horrible. Look at their google reviews over 90 reviews and a 1.6 rating.Pretty much says it all . I gave them a 1 it's all they deserve

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    I clicked Canpar because haven't had any issues with ammo sent by them at all, they bring it to the door and I take it inside, pretty simple stuff. Actually haven't had any issues with any shipping company with probably 100 or so deliveries to my door.

I suspect Canpar is a logical choice for most retailers with customer looking for free or next to free shipping. Hard to find fault them with the asking price involved. The OCD, can't wait an extra minute for my x-mas stuff, crowd that won't pay for better may not agree however.
    Last edited by Jaylegger; 09-26-2017 at 07:55 PM.

Caspar is the easiest for me to receive packages, the only problem is that they often leave packages in super obvious place, or in plain sight.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer jiffx2781's Avatar
    UPS the driver for my area just leaves the package on my front step whether I'm there or not. If I can't be there to get a parcel it's no problem the driver even signs for it if it is a signature required parcel. I don't have to go chase it around half the country like I would if it were Canpar

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Seems like most delivery issues surround the receiver never being around at the address written on the label. Can't really blame the shipping company for that. If you're not likely to be at the delivery address to receive the package as written on the invoice then either use the address you'll be at or contact them and provide a specific set of alternative instructions.

Everything but UPS, freakin' garbage company

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Scotty454's Avatar
    Here in Calgary, neither CanPar or UPS is more reliable than the other (For me, anyways). UPS will leave a package on my doorstep (Which works out, thanks to the fact that I live in a relatively decent neighborhood), whereas I have to drive to pick up CanPar packages. Bit of an inconvenience, but more secure that way. No experience with any other carrier for ammo. I picked UPS, because I'm lazy.

Let Freedom Ring With a Shotgun Blast!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast