View Poll Results: What shipper do you prefer when buying ammo? (you can select multiple)

Voters
150. You may not vote on this poll
  • CanPar

50 33.33%
  • UPS

77 51.33%
  • DHL

9 6.00%
  • Purolator

46 30.67%
  • Loomis

8 5.33%
  • Other (please post it below)

5 3.33%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: What shipper do you prefer when buying ammo?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer City Boy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by VinnyQC View Post
    The survey doesn't say it all. Some people might prefer canpar but will accept shipping by other courriers. Lots of people (including me) will outright boycott any dealer shipping by canpar. It's not that we don't like the dealer, it's that we physically can't deal with canpar's BS.

There was a thread on canada ammo's forum that lasted for months and hundreds of posts about canpar's nonexistent service. We don't see threads like that about other courriers.
    Sums things up .... I avoid canpar and even sponsors/dealers I like, if they use canpar. If I can't see who a dealer uses for shipping stated on their site and easily found, I usually don't even email to ask unless they have something I really must have ..... but I still won't order anything from people using canpar to ship even then.

If it's Canpar ..... I cannot receive the package whatever the price of the item.

Some dealers offer a drop down menu to choose the shipper. That would be my suggestion.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer City Boy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylegger View Post
    Seems like most delivery issues surround the receiver never being around at the address written on the label. Can't really blame the shipping company for that. If you're not likely to be at the delivery address to receive the package as written on the invoice then either use the address you'll be at or contact them and provide a specific set of alternative instructions.
    Some of us cannot receive gun related items or even any items at work .... and Canpar only ships working hours during the week and the depot has similar working hours and is hours away.

My personal experience is that I have no problems receiving packages from every single other shipper in Canada whether I'm home or not. Free shipping is useless, if you can't get the package anyways.

In previous threads about canpar, it seems that rural areas and houses have better luck with Canpar than urban areas maybe?

CGN Regular
    If you happen to be home to receive the package in person, I have found practically no difference between anyone (including CanPost) to be honest. If the shipper forgets to require a signature or specify "do not safe drop", that's not their fault (hint: GUNS!).

Where the difference is in customer service and if you have to get information or arrange any special requests. While their customer service people are excellent and friendly I have personally found that trying to actually get anything DONE, or getting information that has any basis in reality, from Canpar absolutely horrendous. If given the option I have and always will pay more to use another courier. UPS has been good for me and I have not had a problem with Purolator yet.

Ups !

Business Member True North Arms Corp's Avatar
    Thanks all for the replies.
    Sounds like we would need to offer two or more options due to the variability in service. stay tuned...
    True North Arms Corp.
    Website truenortharms.com
    Email info@truenortharms.com
    Instagram truenortharms

For my area, UPS then Canpar

CGN frequent flyer rockport guy's Avatar
    Depends a lot on how far you need to go as well if your not home when they show up.
    CCFR CSSA CPC

Never had a problem with Canpar in Calgary... have gotten stuff from both coasts with zero problems.6-8 times in the last 2 years.

I hate autocorrect. I always end up posting some thong I didn't Nintendo.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer P0WERWAGON's Avatar
    addresses in more remote areas are troublesome to ship to. UPS, Canpar, Loomis all have limited service in areas as the latitude goes north. keep this in mind when you start shipping ammo.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Aniest's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by True North Arms Corp View Post
    Sounds like we would need to offer two or more options due to the variability in service. stay tuned...
    Let me give you a very good answer, although not the definitive one:

Quote Originally Posted by tivatian View Post
    UPS then Canpar
    UPS seems to get the least number of complaints, but Canpar seems to be able to do the job for most. This is very similar in my area.

I had a bipod shipped from a CGN sponsor via UPS and I was not home: they guy said it was "from a gun seller" so his boss set the policy to see ID from the receiver (me) but he would be more than willing to swing by a second time that day if I could be home. Yes, the policy for a bi-pod was kinda dumb, but the guy was nice about it.

Canpar, when I have been home, is no issue. However, one time a driver tried to deliver ammo I bought (from a CGN sponsor of course) and the second driver on the second day refused. The box only had sender and receiver's addresses and the red hazmat sticker for ammo. I had to drive through rush hour for 40 minutes to go get it.

Again, no shipper is perfect but Canpar seems to get the largest brunt of the complaints. My local one has 2 stars out of 5 on reviews.
    Check my "Started Threads" for Equipment Exchange ads: https://www.canadiangunnutz.com/forum/member.php/76158-Aniest

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast