Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161719 ... LastLast

Thread: Straight Shooters Indoor Range now open #7, 1305 33rd St NE Calgary

CGN Ultra frequent flyer steamy teabag's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by xopher View Post
    I am interesting in joining the club solely because the location is much more convenient for me. That being said, it appears the range has a lot less to offer incomparison to your local competitiors. TSE has 50M rifle Bay and CSC has no restriction steel ammunition. Unless I’m missing something, $600 appears to be a little high.
    Didn't see anything on the website with regards to steel core not allowed.

Would like to know if it is and if shotguns are allowed?
    luceo non uro
    Canadians have (a) the right of the individual to life, liberty, security of the person and enjoyment of property, and the right not to be deprived thereof.

Never in doubt, seldom correct.

If someone sends in their application right now does that mean their membership starts right away? Or it will start when the range opens?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer canucklehead's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by fluidmax View Post
    If someone sends in their application right now does that mean their membership starts right away? Or it will start when the range opens?
    When the range opens. I believe that is right on their website.

Quote Originally Posted by canucklehead View Post
    When the range opens. I believe that is right on their website.
    "If you sign up for a Weekday or Anytime membership your membership will be valid until 1 year after the expiration of your current range membership. However, your shooting privileges will start as soon as we open. What this means is that you will have at least 1 year and possibly up to 2 years of shooting privlidges for the pre-openning discount price of 1 year."

If that is the case...wouldn't eveyone who got in on the pre opening discount gets 2 years of shooting privileges? Why say possibly up to 2 years in that statememt ?

Btw Western Metal you made a typo when spelling privileges in the paragraph I quoted above.

"If you sign up for a Weekday or Anytime membership your membership will be valid until 1 year after the expiration of your current range membership. However, your shooting privileges will start as soon as we open. What this means is that you will have at least 1 year and possibly up to 2 years of shooting privlidges for the pre-openning discount price of 1 year."

If that is the case...wouldn't eveyone who got in on the pre opening discount gets 2 years of shooting privileges? Why say possibly up to 2 years in that statememt ?

Btw Western Metal you made a typo when spelling privileges in the paragraph I quoted above.
    Let's say you have a CSC membership that expires in January 2018. You buy a WM membership today, you get to use WM range from opening date to January 2018 for 'free', and then your WM one year membership starts when your CSC membership ends.

So if I bought a CSC membership today, and a WM today, I can use WM for one year for 'free' (now until October 2018), and the clock on my WM membership starts in October 2018 (ie good to October 2019) when my CSC membership expires.

Hence, max two years membership at WM for the price of one. It's brilliant really, since it encourages transfers from the other ranges by adding time to the 'one year' membership. Try the WM range while you still have active membership elsewhere, and then jump into WM as your primary once other membership expires.
    Last edited by canucklehead; 10-03-2017 at 12:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by canucklehead View Post
    Let's say you have a CSC membership that expires in January 2018. You buy a WM membership today, you get to use WM range from opening date to January 2018 for 'free', and then your WM one year membership starts when your CSC membership ends.

So if I bought a CSC membership today, and a WM today, I can use WM for one year for 'free' (now until October 2018), and the clock on my WM membership starts in October 2018 (ie good to October 2019) when my CSC membership expires.

Hence, max two years membership at WM for the price of one. It's brilliant really, since it encourages transfers from the other ranges by adding time to the 'one year' membership. Try the WM range while you still have active membership elsewhere, and then jump into WM as your primary once other membership expires.
    So what does this bonus mean to those who is currently not with any range?

So what does this bonus mean to those who is currently not with any range?
    Nothing.

Business Member Western Metal Inc's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by steamy teabag View Post
    Didn't see anything on the website with regards to steel core not allowed.

Would like to know if it is and if shotguns are allowed?
    Steel core is not allowed. For shotguns we are allowing slugs and will have a decision on shot coming soon.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer steamy teabag's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Western Metal Inc View Post
    Steel core is not allowed. For shotguns we are allowing slugs and will have a decision on shot coming soon.
    luceo non uro
    Canadians have (a) the right of the individual to life, liberty, security of the person and enjoyment of property, and the right not to be deprived thereof.

Never in doubt, seldom correct.

What about steel jacket lead core 7.62x39?