Thread: SK Transfer times

SK Transfer times

Bought my first restricted Sunday the 24th from Cabelas, called Monday and requested the transfer approval be sent by email. Later called the CFO for a email address and sent a picture of my range membership. Called again Wednesday the 27th for an update but they only said it was sent to the CFO and could take 10-15 days. I'd like to add the salesman at Cabelas told me I would have the transfer by Monday afternoon. Any timelines for recent first time buyers?

First time may take a month.

Quote Originally Posted by alec1157 View Post
    First time may take a month.
    So be it. Any specific reason? Or are they that backed up?

Quote Originally Posted by noncorrosive View Post
    So be it. Any specific reason? Or are they that backed up?
    Howdy,
    I'm in Alberta, but I there are a couple of things I can add:

1. It's always going to take longer to get your Transfer Notification when you purchase and send in your application on a weekend. If I go in and purchase a restricted firearm on a week day, I've actually had the Transfer ready by the next day on two occasions, but this doesn't happen all the time.
    2. Your transfer will always take longer if it's your first restricted purchase; I think mine took ~1Wk. I'm not 100% sure why this is, but I'd immagine that it has something to do with your Authorization to Transport not yet being attached to your your PAL. The Transfer Notification should come quicker for your next restricted firearm purchase since there will be no ATT approval step.

Anyone feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

First restricted transfer sent from Cabela's Sunday September 24th.
    Called CFO to give my range membership by email as well as to request my transfer approval to be sent by email.
    Called Friday asking if they needed anything else, and to nobodys surprise the lady told me they are waiting for me to send proof of a range membership; as kindly as I could I informed her I sent that at the start of the week.
    Tuesday I finally get the transfer approval at 5pm. Of course Cabela's didn't get theirs until the day after when I finally got my pistol/October 4th

My first restricted purchase took a day 3 years ago. I'm in ON where we wait these days minimum 2 weeks.
    I may not be as good as I once was...but I'm as good once as I ever was

Don't practise until you get it right...practise until you can't get it wrong

CGN Ultra frequent flyer #1bcshooter's Avatar
    My first restricted took 15 minutes 38 yrs ago
    My last one took 1 day a week and a half ago
    Still waiting on it being delivered
    Pre-orders are horrible for everyone involved. They never go smooth. We will not be doing a pre-order to bankroll this project.

August 2017, first restricted purchase in SK took 4 business days, including sending my range info. Second purchase took less than 24 hours to transfer.

SK is pretty quick right now