Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: IRUNGUNS is pleased to bring in the HK G36 22LR in a NON Restricted Platform

CGN Ultra frequent flyer fenceline's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Donster 125 View Post
    What does that mean? I’ll order one tonight if I have a ready access to legal 25/30 round .22lr mags.

Also, is it a barrel sleeve or is the barrel pictured the whole Barrel?
    It means the gun comes with different mag sizes. That doesn't mean those mag limits are legal.

If you look at that photo you will see a section is cropped out where the legal comments tab should be. When you click on that tab you get the comments I posted.

Hk416 mags, and as a consequence g36 22lr mags are limited to 10.

Colt m4 22 mags aren't.
    CQB, 3 Gun, ISSAC and Service Rifle Shooter.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ - 1* - SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM - HAN SHOT FIRST - YOUR FREEDOM IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY

CGN frequent flyer
    What does that mean? I’ll order one tonight if I have a ready access to legal 25/30 round .22lr mags.

Also, is it a barrel sleeve or is the barrel pictured the whole Barrel?
    I think IRUNGUNS posted the FRT entry to show the classification, since it is a "scary black" rifle and someone asked for it earlier in the comments. The barrel is a complete barrel with no sleeve.

Quote Originally Posted by fenceline View Post
    It means the gun comes with different mag sizes. That doesn't mean those mag limits are legal.

If you look at that photo you will see a section is cropped out where the legal comments tab should be. When you click on that tab you get the comments I posted.
    Understood. I saw mention that another brand of mags were allowed? What’s the ease of sourcing those?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Paul_1982's Avatar
    Understood. I saw mention that another brand of mags were allowed? What’s the ease of sourcing those?
    I ordered 2 from IRG... couldnt find them anywhere else.

http://www.irunguns.com/product.colt...d-black-finish

Now to source a G36 carry handle optic!
    CSSA and CCFR member

CGN Ultra frequent flyer fenceline's Avatar
    Umarex colt m4-22
    CQB, 3 Gun, ISSAC and Service Rifle Shooter.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ - 1* - SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM - HAN SHOT FIRST - YOUR FREEDOM IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul_1982 View Post
    I ordered 2 from IRG... couldnt find them anywhere else.

http://www.irunguns.com/product.colt...d-black-finish

Now to source a G36 carry handle optic!
    Airsoft G36 carry handle optics can work but require modification since they have an extra tab to connect with airsoft guns, not sure if they can handle the recoil of a .22LR though. There was a thread on HKpro with a lot of firsthand information on the Walther G36, mostly the carry handle optic modification, someone cutting it down to more closely resemble the G36C, measurements of different components, etc. But can't seem to find it anymore might have been archived

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Paul_1982's Avatar
    Been searching hard for accessories... not exactly plentiful in Canafa to say the least! Was hoping to get a bipod, however these have thw new HK stype forend that does not accept the G36 designed bipod and the sling swivels are double at the front and not centred. So i guess a small picatinny rail attached to the front of the bottom of the forend is hopefully possible.
    CSSA and CCFR member

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    So let's see if I understand all this.

- The rifle comes with a 25rd or 20rd mag (depending what you read) and that mag is pinned to 10rds.

- The rifle uses the same mags as the 160 and 416 but those mags must be pinned to 10rds.

- The rifle uses the M4 mags but those mags do not need pinning as no pistol version of it exist.

- Regardless of what each mag was for, only the packaging reflects what they were made for. Therefore even if you are found with a 20rd M4 mag there is nothing to disprove that it isn't a 160 or 416 mag.

Please correct me on any errors I have made there. I want to drop into this but am being cautious about the mags.

One more note. The pic on IRG with the 10rd 416 mag shows a 20rd length. Is that mag a short 10rd and just an incorrect pic or is it a 20rd just limited internally? Personally would like one short for the bench but no idea if the 10rd is short.

Thanks
    Moe
    Thank you Stanislav Petrov..... every living thing thanks you.

Quote Originally Posted by Moe View Post
    So let's see if I understand all this.

- Regardless of what each mag was for, only the packaging reflects what they were made for. Therefore even if you are found with a 20rd M4 mag there is nothing to disprove that it isn't a 160 or 416 mag.

Moe

Bingo, the magazine it self does not say what it is meant for, as they are all interchangeable with all Walther rimfires. The difference you will find will be perhaps a batch stamp that means nothing.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Patt08's Avatar
    I generally don't get too excited about .22lr replicas but this one looks pretty cool!
    |CCFR|