Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: IRUNGUNS is pleased to bring in the HK G36 22LR in a NON Restricted Platform

Quote Originally Posted by RC_dude View Post
    I'm very tempted...what are the chances it becomes either restricted or the mag needs to be pinned though in the near future?
    I 100% confidant the mags will be pinned in the future the rcmp will realise and changed it like the 10/22. Everyone was so up in arms when the 10/22 mags were changed but it is purely the fault of those who brought the pistol into the country.

Does IRG's respond to anything but these forum posts? I actually purchased one of these rifles and got caught up in the whole mag issue (ordered spare mags not realizing they were pinned). For the last 3 days I've been trying to fix the problem but after 2 calls (1 we'll call you back later today 2 days ago), and 2 emails I got nothing. I was hoping it would go better cause it's my first transaction with the company. Sorry to hi jack the post guys I guess I'm just hoping for a response.

I am sorry for the delay but when the export is being processed in Canada we have a limited amount of staff that answer the phones and respond to emails. Congratulations on your purchase by the way they are an amazing copy in every way to the HK G36. I personally reached out to you and left a message this evening to address your concerns although I am not sure what you were wanting to try and fix. Unfortunately all HK mags had to be pinned to 10 rounds to ensure compliance with the RCMP but on that note please call 780-449-7220 tomorrow and take ext 4. IRUNGUNS did exchange the mags in the rifles with Colt M4 20 round mags http://www.irunguns.com/product.colt...d-black-finish so they are not required to be restricted.

Have a great evening.

Quote Originally Posted by Plaks View Post
    Does IRG's respond to anything but these forum posts? I actually purchased one of these rifles and got caught up in the whole mag issue (ordered spare mags not realizing they were pinned). For the last 3 days I've been trying to fix the problem but after 2 calls (1 we'll call you back later today 2 days ago), and 2 emails I got nothing. I was hoping it would go better cause it's my first transaction with the company. Sorry to hi jack the post guys I guess I'm just hoping for a response.

Flat rate shipping to Canada is 25.00USD on all accessory and ammunition orders regardless of quantities ordered. Firearms are exported to Canada at a flat rate of 25.00USD per firearm.

The IRUNGUNS Team

www.irunguns.ca
    www.irunguns.com

Got my hot little hands on my g36 22lr, mag I received was an unpinned mag but no markings to indicate it's a colt 22lr mag or really any marks to indicate origin if it should be pinned or not just says made in Germany 22lr. Initial impression after handling it is it's quite a high qaulity polymer doesn't feel like a toy but it is lighter than it looks. Sights on it are pretty awful, has an adjustable peer for 100/200 and one for 300 (honestly a rediculous range) and doesn't have a positive lock like the thing kinda just be pushed up and down. Other negative would be a pretty crummy feeling trigger. Beyond that it seems to be really high qaulity and couldn't find any defects, really enjoy how close it is to the real thing in feel. Will see how well it shoots after mounting optics, probably be a really fun toy to plink with as I expected.

Hm, isn’t the G36 already legal here? Who really cares about .22? Such a boring calibre.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by SyrupCartel View Post
    Hm, isn’t the G36 already legal here? Who really cares about .22? Such a boring calibre.
    - Yes the HK G36 is already here and depending on barrel length is either restricted non restricted. Between 10 and 20 exist in the country and fetch about $10k due to HK not exporting them for retail sale to civilians. A condition of German export law. The few that did get to civilian hands slipped through as the importers intended them to get to government sales. Once in the hands of a Canadian company however the German control of them falls off. HK does not want to feel reprisals from the German government so they do their best to restrict the sale carefully.

-The HK 243 is a close copy to the G36. It has internal changes that make it more difficult than a G36 or SL8 to change to full auto. Somehow the RCMP lab determined that they are easier to change to full auto than the G36 or SL8 and deemed it prohibited, because they are smarter than HK engineers and the ATF lab.

-Converting an SL8 to a G36 is possible:

-Option 1. Put a conversion stock on it. Results in a long LOP. Overall cost to convert $400-$800 + barrel changes if desired

-Option 2. Put a Hera Arms lower on it. Good LOP, adds weight, ACR stock. Overall cost to convert $700-$800 + barrel changes if desired

-Option 3. Send it to one of 2 shops in the USA to be converted using G36 de-milled receiver plastic welded in and reinforced. Very expensive and legal movement back and forth over the border is sticky. Very faithful copy of the G36. Added service for more $ can change all markings to G36 and make the conversion virtually undetectable. Overall cost to convert $3000-$6000

Or away from the SL8 there is:

-Option 4. Ruger 10/22 + Promag kit. Fairly good representation but 10/22 controls and sketch promags. Overall cost to convert $340.

-Option 5. Walther G36. Very good copy. Identical controls, Almost the same field strip. $530 USD. No brainer.

Moe
    Thank you Stanislav Petrov..... every living thing thanks you.

Thx

Quote Originally Posted by SyrupCartel View Post
    Who really cares about .22? Such a boring calibre.
    That's your little opinion. There are a pile of shooters who love .22's, great economical caliber for those who want to shoot many hundreds of rounds in an outing.
    Join CSSA. Vote Conservative Andrew Scheer in 2019 if you value your firearms!

To IRG's. Sorry to say but I was not reached out to. No message was left, I contacted the number today and left another phone message. The issue is that I purchased 3 additional arx160 30rd mags not aware that they were pinned to 10rds. I would like to change them out for colt m4 22lr 20rd mags times 3 and will pay the extra cost. Please contact me at the number or email left on phone message. Also my purchase history on your website shows no evidence of the purchase, but funds have already been taken.

Quote Originally Posted by Plaks View Post
    To IRG's. Sorry to say but I was not reached out to. No message was left, I contacted the number today and left another phone message. The issue is that I purchased 3 additional arx160 30rd mags not aware that they were pinned to 10rds. I would like to change them out for colt m4 22lr 20rd mags times 3 and will pay the extra cost. Please contact me at the number or email left on phone message. Also my purchase history on your website shows no evidence of the purchase, but funds have already been taken.
    Please private message us your contact information and order number. I may have confused you with someone else. My apologizes.

Flat rate shipping to Canada is 25.00USD on all accessory and ammunition orders regardless of quantities ordered. Firearms are exported to Canada at a flat rate of 25.00USD per firearm.

The IRUNGUNS Team

www.irunguns.ca
    www.irunguns.com