Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910

Thread: Factory Barrel Glock 19 Gen 4 9mm Canadian Edition Pre-Order!

Quote Originally Posted by BetterNotBeTaken View Post
    Welcome to the fabulous world of business, delays happen. Often as is the case here the retailer has no control over it as it's on the manufacturer or distributors end. Yet amazingly someone always blames the retailer.
    No one is blaming the realtor for the delay, most if not all other sponsors will offer a full refund. Not store credit for a pre order. Yes delays happen and as a consumer we understand. But to have our money tied up since November is unacceptable. We ordered with a Dec delivery and now late Feb. Some people could have lost a job or just lost interest in the G19. Why should we have our money held for so long.i have to say this will be my last time pre-ordering anything with this vendor.
    "This year will go down in history. For the first time, a civilized nation has full gun registration! Our streets will be safer, our police more efficient, and the world will follow our lead into the future."
    Adolf Hitler, 1935

Quote Originally Posted by AMET View Post
    No one is blaming the realtor for the delay, most if not all other sponsors will offer a full refund. Not store credit for a pre order. Yes delays happen and as a consumer we understand. But to have our money tied up since November is unacceptable. We ordered with a Dec delivery and now late Feb. Some people could have lost a job or just lost interest in the G19. Why should we have our money held for so long.i have to say this will be my last time pre-ordering anything with this vendor.
    I agree, if gun is not delivered on time as promised, if requested refund should be the way to go; store credit doesn't seem to be fair... I would understand store credit if buyer backs off before the delivery date...

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by BetterNotBeTaken View Post
    Welcome to the fabulous world of business, delays happen. Often as is the case here the retailer has no control over it as it's on the manufacturer or distributors end. Yet amazingly someone always blames the retailer.
    Quote Originally Posted by AMET View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by aakoksal View Post
    I agree, if gun is not delivered on time as promised, if requested refund should be the way to go; store credit doesn't seem to be fair... I would understand store credit if buyer backs off before the delivery date...
    well said AMET and aakoksal

• i gave my deposit as consideration for the performance of the retailer to deliver the firearm by the date stated.
    • i did not implicit or explicitly agree to any use, retention or conversion of my deposit outside of the delivery on the contract (date and item)
    • the retailer did not deliver or perform to agreement (which they agreed to when they accepted my deposit)
    • they have breeched our original contact and i have requested my deposit back
    • more and more we are seeing the law back up consumers, both in small cases like this or larger cases of a real estate transactions where there are delays/failure to delivery on contractual terms (and those are well documented and executed by both parties)
    • Ive asked nicely and privately for my deposit return, and have been told no go in every event
    • i am not sure on actual consumer law, but that is likely the next step to find any precedence on this event
    • i would also hazard to guess that there are more than enough people that would like to maintain their presales such that the sales volume quota would remain satisfied andnot put the retailer in an precarious position of having to close on a fixed number of units after the unhappy presales drop off
    • my knowledge of law is rudimentary of best, so anyone who is a lawyer or knows consumer law, please feel free to chime in and correct me

@Firas thanks for posting that video, barrel looks not bad at all IMO.

CGN Regular groundskeeper willy's Avatar
    If someone cannot afford having $150 tied up in a deposit then they shouldnt be buying guns.
    Buy some milk and bread and no name wieners. Pre-orders are usually delayed and this should be no surprise- welcome to the world of ordering stuff/parts/guns whatever from any supplier.
    When you click on the pre-order button you are accepting you will not get your money back should you change your mind- this is a gun store not the purse store at the mall. You will get store credit anytime you want and you have already accepted this and nobody forced you into it. Pay your money and play the game for a great prize.
    Yesterday I couldn't spell Engineer, Now I are one.

Pretty sure purse store preorders wouldn't refund your deposit either! Lol

Quote Originally Posted by jg007 View Post
    well said AMET and aakoksal

• i gave my deposit as consideration for the performance of the retailer to deliver the firearm by the date stated.
    • i did not implicit or explicitly agree to any use, retention or conversion of my deposit outside of the delivery on the contract (date and item)
    • the retailer did not deliver or perform to agreement (which they agreed to when they accepted my deposit)
    • they have breeched our original contact and i have requested my deposit back
    • more and more we are seeing the law back up consumers, both in small cases like this or larger cases of a real estate transactions where there are delays/failure to delivery on contractual terms (and those are well documented and executed by both parties)
    • Ive asked nicely and privately for my deposit return, and have been told no go in every event
    • i am not sure on actual consumer law, but that is likely the next step to find any precedence on this event
    • i would also hazard to guess that there are more than enough people that would like to maintain their presales such that the sales volume quota would remain satisfied andnot put the retailer in an precarious position of having to close on a fixed number of units after the unhappy presales drop off
    • my knowledge of law is rudimentary of best, so anyone who is a lawyer or knows consumer law, please feel free to chime in and correct me
    This is just bad business, I will definitely not be pre ordering anything from them.

Expried Business Member
    It is important that people read all the details before signing up for anything. It clearly states in the description on the website and on the CGN thread that deposits for pre-orders are non-refundable, that is across the board. All times given are expected and are not definite or garunteeed. We simply relay the information given to us by our distributors. We (like you) are at their mercy to unforeseen delays in shipping, customs, production times etc...

This thread will now be locked until the guns arrive to prevent any further derailing.

Also as a note airing your grievances on an open internet forum is not advisable. If you have an issue you can always be asked to be moved up the line to management.
    Last edited by WanstallsOnline; 01-25-2018 at 01:46 PM.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910