Thread: Help with restricted purchase Ontario

Help with restricted purchase Ontario

Hi All

Not really a newbie here but I haven't bought a restricted in 12 to 15 years. I'm looking at one on the EE and don't want to waist time and frustrate anyone with a deal falling through.
    I'm in Ontario have had my R-pal for around 20 years and currently own a coupe restricted firearms. As life changed I moved and stopped shooting at the old range and never joined one where I currently live, so currently not a gun club member.
    As I've stated I would like to buy one or two restricted off the EE before the liberals change the gun laws. Not the only reason but the possibility of the laws changing has sped up my decision. I would like to buy shortly, so my question is how much has the process changed from 20 years ago? What can I expect, and should I join a club first?

Thanks in advance.
    John

I recently got back into this hobby and purchased a few restricted firearms before getting my membership at a range again. SFRC told me that in Ontario just the intention to join a particular club is enough!
    Si vis pacem, para bellum

Thanks for the reply.

John

CGN frequent flyer
    It's been a while since I purchased privately. Could anyone remind me what personal info I suppose to give to the seller?

Quote Originally Posted by mistero View Post
    It's been a while since I purchased privately. Could anyone remind me what personal info I suppose to give to the seller?
    You need to provide your PAL# including the last few digits and the expiry date. Doesn’t hurt to provide a phone number as well.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer tharkhold's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lipervitch View Post
    You need to provide your PAL# including the last few digits and the expiry date. Doesn’t hurt to provide a phone number as well.
    ^ this plus the person's full name
    'nada

CGN frequent flyer 84fuegoturbo's Avatar
    I think you might have to give seller your phone # as well.

CGN frequent flyer
    Got it!

Appreciate everyone's responses!

Quote Originally Posted by mandarb11 View Post
    I recently got back into this hobby and purchased a few restricted firearms before getting my membership at a range again. SFRC told me that in Ontario just the intention to join a particular club is enough!
    What if you're in Ontario but the private seller is in a different province? Does that matter at all?

I was looking to do the same but no range membership yet. However most of the ones I was interested were in different provinces.