Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thank You CGN

Business Member Black Box Customs's Avatar

Thank You CGN

Hello CGN,

This is a long overdue post. Just about a year ago we ran a Cerakote promotion, it took us roughly 6 months to push through the large volume of work. We would like to take a moment to thank you all for the positive reception and overwhelming support of the Cerakote Promo. Without the CGN community the promo would have not been nearly as successful. With all the success we have also learned many valuable lessons. The popularity of the promo was underestimated and being small team we ran into issues we were not quite expecting. Increasingly longer lead times and delayed communication were two big hurdles we faced once the promo gained traction.

The Cerakote promo brought us many fun and interesting projects that were often times very intricate. Unfortunately the amount of attention required for these projects affected lead times in a negative manner. One issue we ran into is the need to "gas out" a part numerous times. Gasing out a part consists of baking the part to drive excess oils out of the pores of the part in preparation for Cerakoting. The cycle takes 30 minutes minimum and certain firearms required no less than 8 cycles. As you can imagine this extends the lead time of not just that project but the projects that succeed it. Another issue is the use of proprietary tooling by manufacturers. That forced us to source the OEM tools or to manufacture our own, both adding to the lead time.

Lessons learned from the Cerakote promo has allowed us to better streamline our workflow which frees up more time for correspondence. The whole experience has been humbling to say the least. It has reminded us that we should never be stagnant and that we should always improve ourselves. We will leave you with some photos of projects and a little bit of behind the scene look into what we do. Once again we would like to thank the CGN community for the positive reception and support.

Sincerely,

The Black Box Customs Team

Milling | Stippling | Cerakote Certified | Firearms Retail | Part Retail | Parts Manufacturing
    www.BlackBoxCustoms.com
    sales@blackboxcustoms.com
    Phone: (403) 470-8802

#8, 4420-75 Ave S.E.
    Calgary, AB
    T2C 2H8
    SHOWROOM: M-F 9-7 / SAT 10-5

BANNED
    You guys are awesome. I heard there was a nice nintendo themed glock done in the promo, that would be sure to make some lefties spin lol

Great post. Love companies who can look at improving themselves and are their harshest critics.

I have an SBR coming in early 2018, would love to see it in MultiCam Black.

I'll be sure to reach out to you then.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by frabill View Post
    You guys are awesome. I heard there was a nice nintendo themed glock done in the promo, that would be sure to make some lefties spin lol
    Would love to see pics of that if possible!

They did amazing work on my 1911. Took longer then I had thought but I kept telling them not to rush as I wasn’t needing it right away. Jay and the team are going to receive a lot of my business!

BANNED
    I think I'm gonna send a hunting rifle down to them after the season is over.

I had nothing but positive in the work you did on my G19, great communication and outstanding work! You went above and beyond on my project and will definitely be sender more work your way!
    " An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last"
    - Winston Churchill

CGN Regular
    That Kryptek patterned shotgun and rifle look amazing. I'm dissapointed I missed out on the promo but I'm sure I'll end up sending one of my rifles your way pretty soon.

As soon as my canadian edition glock 19 gen 4 comes in it will be shipped right out for a complete build! So looking forward to it!

Can't wait to get my Desert Eagle L5 back. Got her cerakoted in Tungsten.
    ICORE/IPSC/USPSA

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast