Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: You Should Try Shooting IPSC

If you're thinking of trying IPSC or IDPA, there are a lot of indoor ranges that hold small matches over the winter. Louder and smellier, but perhaps better than waiting until next spring!

Quote Originally Posted by MikeyScuba View Post
    Great, most of our BB group showed up and passed as well (including my wife). A group of us got together the next day to train on skills under the close eye of an RO who's wife was in our BB group.

Have to work on moving and shooting, well hitting the target, not just shooting on the move and not having to patch anything...
    where do you shoot? Been looking for a range and to get into ipsc

CGN Ultra frequent flyer StoneHorse's Avatar
    Irrational People Squabbling Constantly (IPSC). Well, certainly not everyone and not all the time but enough to take the fun out of most matches. YMMV.
    Defund the Liberal propaganda ministry, AKA the CBC.
    Democracy is not a spectator sport.

Not that easy unless you're in big city and not cheap

Quote Originally Posted by KCCO1989 View Post
    where do you shoot? Been looking for a range and to get into ipsc
    Sharon and Aurora. Sharon though is insanely $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ to get a share. We paid $6k a year ago but I was at a DoubleTap Tuesday and he told me they are going for $12-13k. That is just plain crazy. Aurora is cheaper and there are Friday night IPSC practices. It's just indoors and a bit of a dump. Some (vocal) members want a new underground 24/7 range with the option to shoot rifles. Personally I would rather fix up what we have now but...
    Barrie is an option too.

We are doing a match at Alliston, looks like a nice range but unless you get 2 sponsors who have known you for 1( or is it 2) years, you'll go on a waiting list (looks like a long one).
    ICORE/IPSC/USPSA

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Trinimon's Avatar
    Up at Sharon, if you see Leo or Darrel on the BB range, you can pick their brains for tips. Leo was my instructor and has tons of valuable tips you get from years of experience.

Alliston usually puts on some nice matches and they include burger/hotdog and beverage in the match fee. Really great folks there but there are two ranges in different locations. Only one of them is approved for restricted ie you can't shoot restricted black rifles at the long range which is a bit of a bummer.

Too bad I'm missing out on all the Sept/Oct matches! ARGH!
    CSSA Member

Lol, Leo was our instructor and Darrel is our new President (yay!). Alliston went well, need more practice but daylight is getting short
    ICORE/IPSC/USPSA

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12