Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2456789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: M+M M10X a holiday miracle

CGN Ultra frequent flyer bfiles's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Steel28 View Post
    i think certain someone wasn’t happy with Wanstalls pricing and complained to M+M and the whole thing exploded. My opinion only as I patiently wait for my preorder lol.
    I honestly have a feeling this is the same thing that happened
    CSSA CCFR PROUD MEMBER
    "Sleep in bliss Pops"!!!!!!

Well I guess I'll wait and see how scummy this situation becomes; it could be classic cgn panicking or it could be classic scummy canadian retailers. Neither is that far out of the spectrum of possibility especially since the pre-order was without black rifle fun tax.

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam134 View Post
    Well I guess I'll wait and see how scummy this situation becomes; it could be classic cgn panicking or it could be classic scummy canadian retailers. Neither is that far out of the spectrum of possibility especially since the pre-order was without black rifle fun tax.
    Given the antics of one retailer in the past regarding the swiss arms, and his behaviour causing a commotion all the way to a new law being drafted, I believe some retailers will go to any and all possible lengths.

Quote Originally Posted by mikethebike View Post
    Given the antics of one retailer in the past regarding the swiss arms, and his behaviour causing a commotion all the way to a new law being drafted, I believe some retailers will go to any and all possible lengths.
    Exactly - The outcome of this fiasco will dictate my future decisions to purchase any products made by M+M and/or whether to stop purchasing from certain retailers.

Exactly - The outcome of this fiasco will dictate my future decisions to purchase any products made by M+M and/or whether to stop purchasing from certain retailers.

Same here!

From the CanAm thread, it looks like the preorder crowd is caught between an NR Tax and a hard place.
    __________________________________________________ ___
    Please read this carefully folks. There is a lot of wild speculation going on:

Quote Originally Posted by CanAm View Post
    I wasn't going to comment until I spoke with M+M, but there is a lot of speculation.

When I pressed M+M on their very high pricing, I was told they had an agreement with their US investors to use export pricing to subsidize US pricing. Retail would be $2000-$2400 once the dust settled , based on exchange at time of import/approval. So be it, it is their boat. So I announced a rough price at the time, with a very low margin for us, and a dealer price that meant we likely had to only sell customer direct.

M+M is a small company which seems to be pulled in several directions, and changes its mind on a whim. So be it.

Obviously, things have changed, this is business. I will know more this week.
    __________________________________________________ ____

Was a retailer trying to workaround by doing a direct order? Is M+M shady or just misunderstood? Will I be getting an M10X for the initial advertised price? Will Sharon confess her love to Dr. Brooks? Find out next time on Days of Canadian Gun Owners Lives!

CGN Regular
    So we have to subsidized US pricing?

Another breakdown in the gun owning community. We continue to squabble among ourselves while the government adds more and more restrictions.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer BlackVoid's Avatar
    I watched the vids on M10X, looks like XCR-L upper and SG540 action with magpul furniture.

Overall a good try, but if it hits $2K it will start competing with used XCR's and Tavors (canadian "used", 500 rounds is like nothing).

CGN Ultra frequent flyer bfiles's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lip View Post
    From the CanAm thread, it looks like the preorder crowd is caught between an NR Tax and a hard place.
    __________________________________________________ ___
    Please read this carefully folks. There is a lot of wild speculation going on:

Quote Originally Posted by CanAm View Post
    I wasn't going to comment until I spoke with M+M, but there is a lot of speculation.

When I pressed M+M on their very high pricing, I was told they had an agreement with their US investors to use export pricing to subsidize US pricing. Retail would be $2000-$2400 once the dust settled , based on exchange at time of import/approval. So be it, it is their boat. So I announced a rough price at the time, with a very low margin for us, and a dealer price that meant we likely had to only sell customer direct.

M+M is a small company which seems to be pulled in several directions, and changes its mind on a whim. So be it.

Obviously, things have changed, this is business. I will know more this week.
    __________________________________________________ ____

Was a retailer trying to workaround by doing a direct order? Is M+M shady or just misunderstood? Will I be getting an M10X for the initial advertised price? Will Sharon confess her love to Dr. Brooks? Find out next time on Days of Canadian Gun Owners Lives!
    Actually if you have seen what Wanstalls said to me in a previous post I posted "they will honour the pre order price" for us who pre ordered.

People don't wanna believe, call them yourselves
    CSSA CCFR PROUD MEMBER
    "Sleep in bliss Pops"!!!!!!