Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 46789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: M+M M10X a holiday miracle

CGN frequent flyer timandkimandshea's Avatar
    Not sure if Wanstalls jumped the gun, had to backtrack or what, the pre-order was to run for a length of time, not a preset amount, as the EDITED post says. Also, I put 99 preorders in my basket just before they pulled the plug.
    I call BS
    Punish only he who has committed the crime

Quote Originally Posted by Kratos View Post
    How can they sell the rifle cheaper in Canada then in the US? They had to make a custom barrel for our market. I don’t like how expensive our firearms market is, but I understand the numbers.

Someone clearly miscommunicated, and according to the manufacturer there’s no set pricing yet in the Canadian market. Based on that I don’t feel sorry for a company that posted a presale with incomplete knowledge of the pricing or availability of products.

Now if M+M is trying to gouge the Canadian market after seeing interest that’s a different story. And I apologize if that’s the case.

How do you figure they sell cheaper here than in the US? some dealers are dumping them for 1050USD (meaning they either got them for that or less) probably because no one is buying them, and it seems M+M is trying to make up for it at our expense.

What did I miss? Lol

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by CyprusTM View Post
    How do you figure they sell cheaper here than in the US? some dealers are dumping them for 1050USD (meaning they either got them for that or less) probably because no one is buying them, and it seems M+M is trying to make up for it at our expense.
    I didn’t looks for specific sales, just the MSRP. The states always sells under MSRP, but with a Canadian barrel the price goes up. What do you think these sell to Canadian dealers at? Anything more then $1160 USD and Wanstalls would be losing money based on current exchange and their presale price. So the US retailers “dumping” the rifles at $1050 USD are $110 USD cheaper then what Wanstalls needs them to be, then add the Canadian compliant barrel.

And by dumping I assume you mean selling the product close to what they bought it at from the manufacturer, making little to no profit.
    Last edited by Kratos; 10-10-2017 at 08:40 PM.

"East of the Rockies, and west of the rest" - Corb Lund
    If I was Alex Robinson I'd be working hard to cut costs on the XCR-L as fast as possible right now, like the XCR-M summer sale pricing a dealer had, and compete against the M10x at whatever the inflated price may be.

This doesn't seem to be the holiday miracle it was expected to be. The smart thing for all parties involved would have been to leave things alone and enjoy selling a high demand rifle just like Nea is doing but instead there maybe a lot of bad blood left after this and CGN doesn't forget and certain dealers and M + M may suffer some boycotting.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer bfiles's Avatar
    Didn't the BCL 102 up their prices after people pre 0rdered and then those rifles didn't come with any mags!?!?

Yet people have no clue on what's even going on yet and they are already demonizing Wanstalls, CanAm and M+M
    CSSA CCFR PROUD MEMBER
    "Sleep in bliss Pops"!!!!!!

I think they found mags for everyone and the 2nd batch did add some ambi features and it was an increase of $50 and it was said in the first preorder that the next order would be more expensive due to this.

I am on pre-order (lucky or not is up in the air right now), like someone else mentioned in this thread or another, M+M may never ship stock to Wanstalls, looked at the FB site of M+M and it basically said a retailer posted incorrect pricing and they are working out final details of pricing etc., Wanstalls say they will honour the pre-order price for those who have ordered, but if they never get them in stock our money will be tied up or full refund if they never get stock, they might receive stock later after all refunds are given who knows many possibilities. If it comes in any higher than $1500 it's not worth it, once you go higher and throw tax on you are basically in XCR territory.
    “I remember watching Bambi for the first time when I was little and my favourite part was when they killed Bambi's mother because I knew somewhere the hunter’s family was eating good that night never understood why they made him out to be the bad guy”

The bottom line of this whole thing is M+M should realize that @ $1500 this is a very viable rifle for the Cdn market.
    Don't be greedy and make it happen.
    Whichever dealer can bring it in as close to that price wins my order.