Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 LastLast

Thread: What is going on with Ellwood Epps?

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyPython View Post
    Being totally pessimistic but I think they didn't order the press. Epps may not be making any $$ on your order so they just want to give up and get a refund. That's my conspiracy theory.

I have made many purchases at EE both online and in person. Some of the guys can be on the unfriendly side but they sometimes tend to have hard to find items and lower prices. One time they forgot to start the restricted transfer. Not really a huge deal. I'll continue to shop there.

That's funny, I had he same thoughts about a sako I ordered from them. They quoted me a great price. When I made my order they said i had the wrong price. After I sent them the email with the price they quoted me they agreed to honour it. I thought this was a very noble move. They also said it could be a 6-8 month wait. I said that was fine. After waiting 18 months I agreed to be refunded as they told me It was discontinued. I cant say for sure what happened but it really made me wonder. I will say all communication through out the process was prompt and courteous. I would not hesitate to deal with them in the future. I will also say service during in store visits was hit and miss.

There are many great site sponsors I deal with and have not dealt with Epps for online purchases or stop by the store while passing by. Not to mention there is little to no chance that I would want to drive there, absolutely not.

I do not need a personal bad experience with them as many have attested to having and are about to realize they now have, so I avoid them and thus have no problems with Epps.
    "What we got here is a failure to communicate"

Sold me a complete rusted and beaten rifle as new . Asked them about it. No answers... no more for me.

Quote Originally Posted by David L View Post
    Sold me a complete rusted and beaten rifle as new . Asked them about it. No answers... no more for me.
    There has to be more to this story than what you have mentioned here.Would you care to elaborate?

Quote Originally Posted by savage112 View Post
    There has to be more to this story than what you have mentioned here.Would you care to elaborate?
    Bought a new rem ltr 308. Put it aside for 2 months and tried it after the range was possible to go. Didn’t shoot well, send it to my gunsmith to have it checked with borescope and everything. Went back to me saying the barrel was one of lot of thousands rounds , was rusted from use with corrosive ammo. My rifle are stored in a controlled environment , don’t have any corrosive ammo at home. My gunsmith is doing some contracts for Gravel who are the remington service centre. So he knows what he is doing. Contact epps several times including phone. Never heard back from them. Decide to order a new barrel and a new project.

Quote Originally Posted by Daver_II View Post
    ^^^
    You need to get out more.
    Where would you suggest? I have deal with most retailers in Canada but am always open to new suggestions.
    Killing the buzz since 2005.

UPDATE TO POST

Got my 650 at the price quoted but had to buy a .45 conversion kit as the only press available was a 9mm press. Many thanks to salesman Mike Gillespie for looking through cold dark storage areas looking for a 650!

I was not happy with how this transaction was handled. Service was respectful, just extremely slow and excuse-ridden. I plan to shoot 9mm in the near future but having to take a press in 9mm and having to buy a .45 conversion kit was not what I consider good business. Wes could have ordered another press to replace the one supposedly held up at the border and it would have arrived long before I got frustrated enough to take a 9mm press to be done with the deal.

I would not rule out doing business with them again, but it will ONLY be a last resort and ONLY in stock items I can physically inspect.

I never was able to speak directly to Wes in person.
    Para 16.40 fully tricked out by Roger Katanko at Dark Industries

Took a rifle to get bedded a few years back. Took forever and when it was finally done looked liked a child had done it. Bubbles and voids everywhere. Anyways lesson learned.

I had them tweak and re-barrel a Win 94 for me a while back. It took a long time; several emails, phone calls, and then a visit in person to see it through. The work was great but I think they are over booked in the Gunsmith dept.
    Canada Post will only insure firearms that are shipped in a hard plastic case with a lock on it. Cost is $2.75 for every $100 of insurance. I will not assume any responsibility for loss or damages by Canada Post. All items are sold AS IS and do not come with any warranty. Payment required within 24 hrs of your commitment to purchase or item will be sold to another member.

Worst customer service I have ever experienced with anything... sent my rifle in for service in January - now August and they have lost (or can't locate) the factory replacement they received two weeks ago.. no one there has a frickin clue.

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 LastLast