Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: What is going on with Ellwood Epps?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Phat Eagle's Avatar
    I bought a 10/22 off them a few years back as they had a good price. Shipped well and no issues.

BANNED
    Dealt with them once, and it was also the last. Never again..

Since I am a member of the Orillia gun club, I have dealt with epps on a few occasions. Actually, if you take a look at my purchase / trade / sell records there, the list is longer than my arm. Were all the transactions smooth and trouble free? Nope. Is it still one of the best places to shop for firearms related stuff in Ontario? Yep.
    Killing the buzz since 2005.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Daver_II's Avatar
    ^^^
    You need to get out more.

Quote Originally Posted by Daver_II View Post
    ^^^
    You need to get out more.
    hahaha.....my thoughts exactly
    If you meet more than one azzhole per day...chances are you're the azzhole....

CGN Ultra frequent flyer squidxm's Avatar
    Its best not to bump threads like this, even if you have good intentions by providing a good review. It’ll only remind people of all the terrible experiences they had dealing with Epps. Back to the therapist...

Everytime I drive by Epps on the highway I always shudder. Definately don't care about customer service. Back in 2014 they had a college aged kid working the gun counter and he was the only guy in the gunroom that's ever acted like it was his job. All the others couldn't give a ####... Ask to check out a gun and they will literally sigh

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Northern Amateur View Post
    At least you made an appropriate amount of attempts to rectify the situation with them before posting. It's sad that it has to come to that. Hopefully someone there will read this and get it sorted for you, maybe even post here.
    A retailer who went out of business about two years ago with stores in Mississauga, Markham and Ottawa had a nasty tendency to ignore customer complaints.
    BTW, I am looking for a good bluing service in Ontario. Good to see such experiences being shared so I know who to avoid if it's not made right.

cheers,
    LeBarons which you are alluding to went out of business because the owner "didn't believe in the Internet". They were lucky to stay open until Ottawa finally got Cabelas. The next day they filed for bankruptcy.
    They constantly didn't have anything in stock and you couldn't use the phone service if you had a store in your Rea and the woman who ran it was an outright #####.
    Employees were embarrassed with all of it but would do their damnedest to give as good of service that they could. I was glad to see the company go under but felt more pissed that it put people out of work

Bought guns there.
    No major problems.

In regards to their website don’t take their condition assessments of used guns as gospel.
    Best check the gun out in person before laying down the cash/plastic.

They aren’t very organized.
    Like a swarm of yellow jackets in a wind storm.