Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: What is going on with Ellwood Epps?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer weasel1's Avatar
    LeBarons: French for "no stock".
    "We're only immortal, for a limited time." -Rush

My 870 wasn't feeding properly with the mag extension I put on it. Paid them 180 bucks to fix it.

It's still not feeding properly. Waste of time and money.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer tjsudbury's Avatar
    Didn't Epps lose their gunsmith a little while back?

Phoned in once to have them pull out a rifle that had been there for a year unsold and hold onto it. Left my name. Drove up (3 hours) the next day and it was sold to someone else. Still can't find that model. Never again.

I was in once.
    ONCE. I too waited in line to check out a rifle I couldn't find elsewhere.
    After standing there for an eternity the overwhelming feeling of listening to the countless stories from what seemed to be "regulars" & the claustrophobic feeling from being in that microscopic gun room. I also put back the items I was holding with intentions of buying & left frustrated vowing to NEVER darken their doorway again.
    I found the rifle a couple of months ago on CGN and will search to the ends of the earth before returning to Elwood Epps.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer squidxm's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Groovin View Post
    I was in once.
    ONCE. I too waited in line to check out a rifle I couldn't find elsewhere.
    After standing there for an eternity the overwhelming feeling of listening to the countless stories from what seemed to be "regulars" & the claustrophobic feeling from being in that microscopic gun room. I also put back the items I was holding with intentions of buying & left frustrated vowing to NEVER darken their doorway again.
    I found the rifle a couple of months ago on CGN and will search to the ends of the earth before returning to Elwood Epps.
    I too have felt the Epps gun room sorrow. When their aged population of regulars... “move on”... business is going to be slow :/

I've dealt with them lots in the past never had a issue, but I was purchasing firearms.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Forest1488 View Post
    Phoned in once to have them pull out a rifle that had been there for a year unsold and hold onto it. Left my name. Drove up (3 hours) the next day and it was sold to someone else. Still can't find that model. Never again.
    lol I bought a scope, guy on the phone told me he packaged it with my ammo and shipped it out. Was billed in full.... package showed up and no scope was told someone else got it before me.... explained what I was told and basically said well it didn't happen and he was sorry. Posted the ordeal on here "owner" said he would call me personally to make things "right". Got a voicemail to days later saying please accept my apologies but this was all he was willing to do and have a good day.

I've owned 2 small businesses, never again will I attempt to send them money.
    Hearts and Minds; Two best places to shoot
    Fighting in a basement provides challenges, Number 1 your fighting in a basement!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer tjsudbury's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Foxer2373 View Post
    lol I bought a scope, guy on the phone told me he packaged it with my ammo and shipped it out. Was billed in full.... package showed up and no scope was told someone else got it before me.... explained what I was told and basically said well it didn't happen and he was sorry. Posted the ordeal on here "owner" said he would call me personally to make things "right". Got a voicemail to days later saying please accept my apologies but this was all he was willing to do and have a good day.

I've owned 2 small businesses, never again will I attempt to send them money.
    were you at least reimbursed for the scope?

CGN frequent flyer Northern Amateur's Avatar
    I like the place as it's on the way to the camp and they have lots of odds and ends that can be hard to find elsewhere. I try not to buy firearms from them anymore though. Here's why. I treat my firearms with a little care and appreciation. I know there are folks out there who look upon them as tools and tools only. No problem. Do what you want with your firearm. Some staff at Epps are really hard on their inventory displayed behind the counter. I have witnessed them banging them together like utensils in the kitchen draw!! I recall them having a Blaser rifle on display (used I believe) in really nice condition. Chap goes to pull it down and realizes it's stuck on a Savage bolt action rifle. Push, pull, yank, twist. Well, he did eventually get them apart though none to graciously. I didn't even want to look at it at that point.
    Also, I have found their new inventory seems well 'handled', often with small but noticeable issues. Makes me wonder if their not getting 'seconds' from the factory. Rumour has it staff like to shoot their inventory though that again is just rumour.
    Other than that, I find once they recognize you and you tend to buy 'something', they treat you ok.