What is going on with Ellwood Epps?

Status
Not open for further replies.

skippjones

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
A little background on this story.....
In April of this year I sent in a NOS Walther ppk to have the barrel changed from stock to a longer one to change the status from prohib to restricted.
I was told that they only blue barrels in April and September and that it would have to be blued in early September to witch I agreed to. I received the registration update in July and was just waiting on the blueing to be completed the first week in September.
On the last week of September after not hearing anything from Ellwood Epps I called them a few times and left multiple messages over the span of that week.
Finally was told the gun was complete, the balance owing was paid and the gun was shipped back to me.
When the gun was returned to me the barrel had not been polished and blued as was agreed upon and that I paid for, and there was no invoice /credit card slip in the box with the gun.
I have sent emails and left voice mails but have heard nothing back from them at all. I just want the barrel polished and blued that I paid for.
Is this how a CGN sponsor treats its customers?
Has anyone else had a problem with these guys?
:bangHead:

At least you made an appropriate amount of attempts to rectify the situation with them before posting. It's sad that it has to come to that. Hopefully someone there will read this and get it sorted for you, maybe even post here.
A retailer who went out of business about two years ago with stores in Mississauga, Markham and Ottawa had a nasty tendency to ignore customer complaints.
BTW, I am looking for a good bluing service in Ontario. Good to see such experiences being shared so I know who to avoid if it's not made right.

cheers,

Elwood Epps seems to have a great selection of firearms and good prices but I don't think customer service and communication are their strong suite. I purchased one rifle there and was happy with the experience but things went sideways on my next rifle purchase because of a clear mistake on their part. It took a little while and they refunded me everything I was owed but they never really seemed interested in getting me what I actually ordered from them in the first place.

I've ordered from their online catalog twice, they shipped promptly and the firearms were perfect. Never had to deal with their customer service, but I'm still a satisfied customer.

Like a lot of customers, I've been in and out of Elwood Epps for decades, pre highway devision !
In the last 4 purchases I'ld give them a 50% grade. Two purchases online, one was perfect the other a customer service nightmare which I walked away from....Two in store purchases, one a simple off the shelf transaction, smooth. The second purchase involved trying to buy a firearm part listed on their sight, which they claimed to have in stock. The inventory consisted of a Rubbermaid container filled with opened and loose parts bags / parts....very frustrating, left empty handed.

If you didn't get what you paid for and payment was made using a credit card file a claim with the credit card company.

Epps is like a second home, great guys in there. I never have a problem getting through to the gun room or front desk and I have no complaints after hundreds of transactions. Call and talk to someone in the gun room.

AS much as people complain about the store go find another store around that has the same selection of odd guns around. Or one that will buy your used POS cooey’s. I’ve had problems with the place but I still keep going back because of the selection and price for stuff. Hell they even pricematch

Ordered a GSG15 that was on sale last year. Was billed to my credit card at that time. Inquired several times a month or so apart inquiring eta with snarky reply's. Finally received couple weeks ago but charged again but full price. Took several emailes and phone calls to straighten out, frustrating.

Ordered a GSG15 that was on sale last year. Was billed to my credit card at that time. Inquired several times a month or so apart inquiring eta with snarky reply's. Finally received couple weeks ago but charged again but full price. Took several emailes and phone calls to straighten out, frustrating.

That's unacceptable. Period. If they won't learn from their customers feedback, let MasterCard fraud department call'em and put a strike on their merchant account

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom