Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: What is going on with Ellwood Epps?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Claven2's Avatar
    Epps is a bip proposition. "buy in person". Never had a phoned in order work out with them. Never.

Worst return policy I've ever seen as well. I buy there when I have no other choice after being burned multiple times. Things like being shipped new guns with missing canibalized parts and being told it was my problem with the OEM, not theirs. Or guns shipped with obvious broken parts not disclosed in the ad or by phone. Or one time shipped the entirely wrong firearm and had to go public here before they would exchange it.

Never again.
    Keeping it real on the range since before there was a CGN.

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer686 View Post

It's great to have lots of phone traffic but you need to manage resources to look after your walk-ins too.
    Why not get on your phone and call them while your waiting, should make for an interesting call!
    ICORE/IPSC/USPSA

Ive ordered several milsurp and sporters through only a single picture or sometimes no picture and been satisfied. On my 4 journeys to the shop, I have always been treated well by the staff.

I come from a retail background and treat them as i would want to be treated, and have always left in a better mood then when i got there. Staff was always helpful, went out of their way to answer questions, and is willing to negotiate depending circumstances.

just my experiences

Bought a new rifle... the barrel was already done! Asked for return but never heard back. I removed the barrel and made a custom. Never for me again.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeyScuba View Post
    Why not get on your phone and call them while your waiting, should make for an interesting call!
    Too funny though at the time I really don't think I would have made for pleasant conversation......
    Enjoying your freedom? Thank A Soldier !!!

You say nobody needs an AR15? Well nobody needs a whiny little b*tch either yet here you are!

I had them re-barrel an m98 muaser a couple years back. they did a good job except for a few marks from the lathe. It was however stainless and therefore was not blued.
    Overall it sounds like miscommunication on their part. If possible you should deal with them in person, not everyone appreciates modern technology!

CGN Regular
    Got a few guns and pistols from them - in person and online. Much easier to deal in person - people are friendly, helpful and nice in most cases - we all have a mood swings. Shopping experience is not the best, but acceptable. Will I go again - yes and yes.
    Gunsmithing service is completely different story. I left rifle in april for some small work. After dozens phone calls and couple visits I finally lost patience and cancel the work-order in september - no work was done. Good thing I cleaned and lubricate it before took to the shop - otherwise I would pick up one rusty gun. Will I go again - newer. I live in BC now, but it's beside the point.

I haven't delt with them at all, but I drive past a few times a month and the parking lot is always full. I wonder if they've got the Weber's effect going on, nothing great but its on the way to the cottage and we've been going for X years.

Have dealt with Epps for over 30 years and a few owners. Bought, sold and traded . Never phone or online, I've found walk in and face to face purchase or negotiations is best especially if you're lucky enough to have Wes behind the gun counter that day. I will agree that the customer service is slow and yes for some reason they are always on the phone ? or trying to educate a potential newby customer on firearms ! Their prices are reasonable at best....but you can negotiate on the used stuff and they have a payment plan with 50% down. Having said all that I still stop in at least once every couple months and look at what's new.

If it was easy......everyone would be doing it !!
    Member- CSSA , OFAH , Ducks Unlimited, OFMF

CGN Ultra frequent flyer squidxm's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jrtv View Post
    I haven't delt with them at all, but I drive past a few times a month and the parking lot is always full. I wonder if they've got the Weber's effect going on, nothing great but its on the way to the cottage and we've been going for X years.
    No, part of the problem is the old local dudes that go in there regularly to chat with the employees, fondle guns they have no intention of buying and tell story after story about how they don't make them like they used to.