Page 1 of 11 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: What is going on with Ellwood Epps?

Angry What is going on with Ellwood Epps?

A little background on this story.....
    In April of this year I sent in a NOS Walther ppk to have the barrel changed from stock to a longer one to change the status from prohib to restricted.
    I was told that they only blue barrels in April and September and that it would have to be blued in early September to witch I agreed to. I received the registration update in July and was just waiting on the blueing to be completed the first week in September.
    On the last week of September after not hearing anything from Ellwood Epps I called them a few times and left multiple messages over the span of that week.
    Finally was told the gun was complete, the balance owing was paid and the gun was shipped back to me.
    When the gun was returned to me the barrel had not been polished and blued as was agreed upon and that I paid for, and there was no invoice /credit card slip in the box with the gun.
    I have sent emails and left voice mails but have heard nothing back from them at all. I just want the barrel polished and blued that I paid for.
    Is this how a CGN sponsor treats its customers?
    Has anyone else had a problem with these guys?

CGN frequent flyer
    Ellwood Elps - do a search and you will get your answer.
    America last
    America can never be great again until...
    Dream revolver Ruger 0456
    Pass on pre-orders

Was the new barrel stainless?

CGN frequent flyer Northern Amateur's Avatar
    At least you made an appropriate amount of attempts to rectify the situation with them before posting. It's sad that it has to come to that. Hopefully someone there will read this and get it sorted for you, maybe even post here.
    A retailer who went out of business about two years ago with stores in Mississauga, Markham and Ottawa had a nasty tendency to ignore customer complaints.
    BTW, I am looking for a good bluing service in Ontario. Good to see such experiences being shared so I know who to avoid if it's not made right.

cheers,

CGN Ultra frequent flyer andrew3081's Avatar
    Elwood Epps is a hit and miss I found
    What?

Elwood Epps seems to have a great selection of firearms and good prices but I don't think customer service and communication are their strong suite. I purchased one rifle there and was happy with the experience but things went sideways on my next rifle purchase because of a clear mistake on their part. It took a little while and they refunded me everything I was owed but they never really seemed interested in getting me what I actually ordered from them in the first place.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer sailor723's Avatar
    I've only had limited experience dealing with them but I get the impression they really aren't too concerned about customer satisfaction.
    Fan of Browning Hi-Powers and both S&W and Colt revolvers

[QUOTE=kc34;14189372]Elwood Epps seems to have a great selection of firearms and good prices but I don't think customer service and communication are their strong suite.

You nailed it.

Quote Originally Posted by andrew3081 View Post
    Elwood Epps is a hit and miss I found
    This statement best explains them . Great selection but in many cases customer service lacks. The only other thing I would add is that it is retail so can't expect much.
    "Na množství nehleďte"

CGN Regular
    I've ordered from their online catalog twice, they shipped promptly and the firearms were perfect. Never had to deal with their customer service, but I'm still a satisfied customer.

Page 1 of 11 123456789 ... LastLast