Surefire Products

quick question, have been in contact with surefire about repair of an e2d led defender and after trouble shooting it with one of their tech's they advised me to return it....... who would be the best canadian company to handle this ??

All warranties and repairs are to be handled by authorized Surefire dealers.

Last edited:
All warranties and repairs are to be handled by Surefire direct.

surefire told me that i have to deal with a canadian company because of ITAR, believe me... i tried, i was talking to Greg Reeves at surefire technical service and he sent me a confirmation email out lining a canadian/international dist. had to deal with it. (i can send you a copy)

so who do i deal with... name a company that i can send my $300+ surefire flashlight to get fixed... right now its just a paper weight.

surefire told me that i have to deal with a canadian company because of ITAR, believe me... i tried, i was talking to Greg Reeves at surefire technical service and he sent me a confirmation email out lining a canadian/international dist. had to deal with it. (i can send you a copy)

so who do i deal with... name a company that i can send my $300+ surefire flashlight to get fixed... right now its just a paper weight.

We have directed your concern to our Surefire rep and we're waiting for a response.

Surefire Scout Light /w Intellibeam with DS-SR07 Switch and BCM Modular Scout Light Mount on a Diamondback DB15. Super slick.

23164918_343850579411849_8760221128934293504_n.jpg

23098654_193667077845215_5635783698432393216_n.jpg

We have directed your concern to our Surefire rep and we're waiting for a response.

Not trying to be a #### disturber or anything, but how that goes will very much determine if I (and I suspect many others) spend big $$$ on a light from them. One way export with zero customer support is not something I want to deal with.

Not trying to be a #### disturber or anything, but how that goes will very much determine if I (and I suspect many others) spend big $$$ on a light from them. One way export with zero customer support is not something I want to deal with.

i agree 120%..... this is the second time in 20 years i have had to send a light back, the first wasa 6p 90lumen, "lost" somewhere between fsj and vancouver going to wantstalls, so i bought the e2d led, now the e2d is going back thru 911supply (at my cost approx $60 all in) so i bought a p2x fury tactical while i await the 2+ month warranty turnaround.

(note 911supply is awesome to deal with, the light was not purchased from them so thats why the extra charge, if light was purchased from them, free warranty service)

frankly my next light will probably be a fenix.... although the surefire tactician looks good with the high/low output adjusted at the head rather then the tailcap.

Yes, any info on the warranty situation is welcome.

I have a number of surefire lights/systems in the $300-$600+ price range. If they are not going to provide services for ridiculously expensive pieces of gear... they are going to lose a loyal costumer of 15+ years.

Cheers,

Are they going to land anytime soon? I agree with the warranty support. How about the other non Canadian dealer? Are they offering warranty support?

Word for word response from Surefire:

"We began having many issues with repair products that were not always being returned due to failure of shipping providers. Also, turn-around times were much longer than what they should have been. We are now encouraging all international customers to go through their local SureFire dealers regardless if it is or isn’t for warranty work as this is the quickest response. Dealers are aware that they are responsible for assisting customers with product issues and they must then reach out to SureFire to complete the process."

You can locate the closest dealer with the Dealer Locator link on Surefire's website:
http://www.surefire.com/dealer-locator

Um. That's not exactly a response that encourages me to drop $600 on a light.....

ETA: Their dealer search is woefully out of date too.

Hold on. Surefire products have been around for ages in Canada, and many rocking Surefire on their guns. My question is if this type of warranty support from Surefire is not new and has always been, how come so many Canadian proudly using Surefire? Or, did I miss something and something changed?

Hold on. Surefire products have been around for ages in Canada, and many rocking Surefire on their guns. My question is if this type of warranty support from Surefire is not new and has always been, how come so many Canadian proudly using Surefire? Or, did I miss something and something changed?

No idea if this is new or not, but before I drop $600 on a light I want to know I'm covered and won't have to jump through hoops. I appreciate that it's not necessarily the fault of either Surefire or the distributor or dealers. But as a consumer, having a $600 paperweight is not okay either.

I am not sure what all the concerns are wrt warranty service on Surefire products. We sell lots (and are listed on their locator site), have very few problems, and those get dealt with fairly quickly. Any Surefire dealer should be able to do this for you, but if you are concerned, we would be more than willing to help you out even if you didn't buy the product from us.

I am not sure what all the concerns are wrt warranty service on Surefire products. We sell lots (and are listed on their locator site), have very few problems, and those get dealt with fairly quickly. Any Surefire dealer should be able to do this for you, but if you are concerned, we would be more than willing to help you out even if you didn't buy the product from us.

From all of the distributors and retailers, you are the only one who stepped up and do this. It shows that you stand behind your product, and your customer. Big kudos for The Shooting Centre.:cheers:

Back
Top Bottom