Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Heads up ***** TENDA has Norc 7.62 x 39 back in Stock!

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by yomomma View Post
    I cast my own bullets so all I really pay for is primer and powder.

$0.056(primer) + $0.15(powder)
    casting for 7.62x39,,my time is worth more than that,and cast in 7.62x39 is way more trouble than it's worth,i garantee i can clean my firearm after shooting 4 or 5 hundred rounds in an afternoon a lot faster than the time it takes to cast the same rounds,but i do understand that casting is also a hobby,so i realize it's not really work for you,i hate working with lead if i dont have to,but some calibers it makes sense,like 44 mag 45 colt stuff like that,and yes i know it's part of the fun,just 7.62x39 i find is a waste of time,but you're right as far as it's the only way to make it cheaper money wise,

BANNED
    thanks for the heads up!

expensive at the current price point. Will wait until it is on sale.
    “If you don't read the newspaper, you're uninformed. If you read the newspaper, you're mis-informed.” - Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by D-Leach View Post
    I'm still sitting on 4000 non corrosive and about 10000 corrosive.
    Real baller 💲

CGN Ultra frequent flyer yomomma's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiskey1 View Post
    casting for 7.62x39,,my time is worth more than that,and cast in 7.62x39 is way more trouble than it's worth,i garantee i can clean my firearm after shooting 4 or 5 hundred rounds in an afternoon a lot faster than the time it takes to cast the same rounds,but i do understand that casting is also a hobby,so i realize it's not really work for you,i hate working with lead if i dont have to,but some calibers it makes sense,like 44 mag 45 colt stuff like that,and yes i know it's part of the fun,just 7.62x39 i find is a waste of time,but you're right as far as it's the only way to make it cheaper money wise,
    I enjoy casting and reloading, so the time thingy doesn't even come into play.
    https://youtube.com/c/YomommasWildlands

Quote Originally Posted by Suther View Post
    I can buy corrosive for $0.21 a pop locally, and probably cheaper if I looked for it. So you're still break-even, the difference is having to clean your gun vs having to spend time reloading/casting. (And thats assuming your lead is free to start with)

What sorta load are you using? I can't say I've heard of many people going the cast route for these guys...
    I cast for everything I shoot. Partially for the enjoyment, partially for the cost savings and partially for always being able to get ammo when I need it. Especially if these 'muricans go on another buying binge, which after the last shooting they might.

Right now I am around 24grn of 4895, about the same accuracy as surplus.

CGN frequent flyer rockport guy's Avatar
    I did pick up 2 cases.. and for those that may not have noticed.. its 240 for 600... but the price is getting up there... My son is really getting into shooting 223 in the AR... so thinking of getting a mini 14... I would like to get into the reloading.. I think its a good skill to have.. but for now... don't have the time!
    CCFR CSSA CPC

CGN frequent flyer In The Black's Avatar
    24 hours later, GONE!

ITB

The barnaul they sell is cheaper than the 30 yr old chinese,,,why buy surplus when there is new production, both are cheap and non corrosive.....Ive found the 308 barnaul is way more accurate than the norinco for a cheap round

Barnaul sucks.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast