Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Gsg 15 firearm $499.99

Business Member Western Metal Inc's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by patjohnw View Post
    What is the fireman like compared to a 10/22 ruger?

Just ramble on so I can get a feel for what it is please.
    I would prefer we got some more feedback from consumers that have bought this firearm.
    My personal experience has been very positive. I do own a 10/22 and have shot the GSG a couple of times but do not have a personal one. The fit and finish on the GSG 15 is great - I prefer the look and feel of the GSG 15 in this format compared to my 10/22 in the Archangel kit. Both firearms (10/22 and GSG 15) are picky when it comes to low power ammo - they don't cycle consistently. They (10/22 and GSG 15) also don't prefer lead bullets - they hang up on the feed ramp. Both of these problems are understandable and don't happen on every round.
    One problem I have had with my 10/22 Archangel is the mag that came with the kit has already (2 years and about 1,000 rounds) started to come apart - a spring has come out of the top of the mag - but so far it still works.
    I hope this has been helpful and would love to have others opinions.

Thanks for your reply... I'll watch the tread.
    Best regards

CGN Ultra frequent flyer philhut's Avatar
    I have a GSG15 it is exactly the same as the ISSC 22 except it has a different buttstock pick your oreference. Magazines are the same and are interchangeable between the rifles as the receiver is the same.

For reference I am more of a milsurp guy the GSG is my only AR/black rifle. Additionally I have a 10/22 and Norco JW25 in 22lr. The GSG15 is the most fun.

Basics that are to dislike the included sight are poor plastic and the screws used to take it apart are ridiculous and after 1 breakdown I would appreciate the push pin option. Magazines take patience to load properly as rounds can get spun around in there think giant Pea dispenser. Still I really like my little AR. I did have a round stuck in the chamber on my first mag but I think I failed to load the magazine properly and the rifle took a few rounds to break in. After about 3 magazines my GSG15 began to run flawlessly with any CCI or federal high velocity and shoots consistent flat groups.

That aside everything else on the firearm is great. I put a small 1-4x scope on it and this rifle is very accurate for it's price point. I have no trouble shooting up the 100yrd reactive target range where I go. The rifle prefers high velocity ammo and while it will shoot standard velocity it does not always cycle at low pressures. CCI has consistently shot well along with federal bulk packs. Tyoe of nose does not seem to be an issue i have put copper round nose and hallowpoint as well as lead round nose and hallowpoint. So long as the ammo was high velocity it went bang. I did have issues with Remington thubderbolt but in hindsight it was bad in all of my 22's so may have been a bad run of ammo. If it were legal (not sure re mag size) to hunt with for small game I certainly would. Additionally to good function I find the rifle has nice ergonomics in that you can adjust the stock to your liking. The rifle has ambidextrous mag release and safety which are large and easy to reach. Additionally like The GSG pistol the trigger/action will not work without a magazine inserted pro/con for some, I like it as a foolproof safety feature. The rifle features more rail mounts than you could ever want for any gadget. I also find this rifle to be very similar in appearance to the CZ Been 805 rifle which if approved will make an excellent trainer. Should this be your first 22lr? Probably not get a bolt rifle first but as a fun blaster that actually hits the target every time this rifle makes a fantastic number 2. At this point I have fired approx 1000 rounds thru the rifle.

In short this rifle is really fun and performs as well as many 22 bolt actions and well ahead of my 10/22 out of the box. *front sights may be ok for some people but they could be higher quality I personally have trouble with peep sights as is so they were an instant swap out. So
    - buy this rifle it's fun
    - buy lots of ammo you'll end up using it
    - buy the quick release takedown pins and that little pin that fits in for sling mount
    - go with a scope/red-dot or better irons early on

Western metal do you carry the takedown pins and that sling mount pin for the rifle? I'd like a set but am not sure about ordering from the USA or thru ###### from xyz.
    Last edited by philhut; 10-17-2017 at 12:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by philhut View Post
    I have a GSG15 it is exactly the same as the ISSC 22 except it has a different buttstock pick your oreference. Magazines are the same and are interchangeable between the rifles as the receiver is the same.

For reference I am more of a milsurp guy the GSG is my only AR/black rifle. Additionally I have a 10/22 and Norco JW25 in 22lr. The GSG15 is the most fun.

Basics that are to dislike the included sight are poor plastic and the screws used to take it apart are ridiculous and after 1 breakdown I would appreciate the push pin option. Magazines take patience to load properly as rounds can get spun around in there think giant Pea dispenser. Still I really like my little AR. I did have a round stuck in the chamber on my first mag but I think I failed to load the magazine properly and the rifle took a few rounds to break in. After about 3 magazines my GSG15 began to run flawlessly with any CCI or federal high velocity and shoots consistent flat groups.

That aside everything else on the firearm is great. I put a small 1-4x scope on it and this rifle is very accurate for it's price point. I have no trouble shooting up the 100yrd reactive target range where I go. The rifle prefers high velocity ammo and while it will shoot standard velocity it does not always cycle at low pressures. CCI has consistently shot well along with federal bulk packs. Tyoe of nose does not seem to be an issue i have put copper round nose and hallowpoint as well as lead round nose and hallowpoint. So long as the ammo was high velocity it went bang. I did have issues with Remington thubderbolt but in hindsight it was bad in all of my 22's so may have been a bad run of ammo. If it were legal (not sure re mag size) to hunt with for small game I certainly would. Additionally to good function I find the rifle has nice ergonomics in that you can adjust the stock to your liking. The rifle has ambidextrous mag release and safety which are large and easy to reach. Additionally like The GSG pistol the trigger/action will not work without a magazine inserted pro/con for some, I like it as a foolproof safety feature. The rifle features more rail mounts than you could ever want for any gadget. I also find this rifle to be very similar in appearance to the CZ Been 805 rifle which if approved will make an excellent trainer. Should this be your first 22lr? Probably not get a bolt rifle first but as a fun blaster that actually hits the target every time this rifle makes a fantastic number 2. At this point I have fired approx 1000 rounds thru the rifle.

In short this rifle is really fun and performs as well as many 22 bolt actions and well ahead of my 10/22 out of the box. *front sights may be ok for some people but they could be higher quality I personally have trouble with peep sights as is so they were an instant swap out. So
    - buy this rifle it's fun
    - buy lots of ammo you'll end up using it
    - buy the quick release takedown pins and that little pin that fits in for sling mount
    - go with a scope/red-dot or better irons early on

Western metal do you carry the takedown pins and that sling mount pin for the rifle? I'd like a set but am not sure about ordering from the USA or thru ###### from xyz.
    We do not currently carry the takedown pins or the sling mount pin.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    My 10-22 is actually a RIA 10-22, a Philipine clone of the 10-22. In an ATI stock, I would say it's worth half the gsg. Nothing wrong with my 10-22, but the gsg is good out of the box. A more similar comparison would be the ruger SR22 rifle, which is a tacticool 10-22. It sells for 700.

The gsg can use 22 or 24 rounds magazine, but the 10-22 right now you can only use/buy 10 rounds magazines.

Personnaly I would go for the gsg over the 10-22.

If you have a GSG15 please give us some feedback.

Watch your email after any purchase

CGN Ultra frequent flyer JR Hartman's Avatar
    is there any chance you can get a butt stock assembly separately?
    the CGN formerly know as John_in_BC

Quote Originally Posted by JR Hartman View Post
    is there any chance you can get a butt stock assembly separately?
    Not at this point in time.

When will you get more of these? Will they still be 479?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast