Page 11 of 57 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415161718192131 ... LastLast

Thread: An Update on Wanstalls M10x pre-order!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Brian46's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bartok5 View Post
    We get it - demand greatly exceeded Wanstalls' expectations and you missed out. There is also the distinct likelihood that Wansstalls had to shut down their pre-sale early when the confusion over pricing was realized. Better luck next time, might as well move on as the M10X pre-sale is thoroughly done. That said, perhaps Can Am's "lowest price in the industry" won't be too much more than the $1500 pre-sale price.....
    more than the presale is not the "lowest price" that they claimed it would be through them
    If it's either loud, obnoxious, fast, hated by the general population or any combination of these, I OWN IT!!

If it goes over 2k not interested. So many rifles in the caliber to choose from

CGN Ultra frequent flyer guess_kto's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WanstallsOnline View Post
    UPDATE:

Rest assured Wanstalls will be able to honor our initial pre order price to all the people who took part in our M10x pre-sale!
    In close consultation with the President of M+M Industries, we believed at the time that we had the full and appropriate pricing structure...we did not. We misunderstood some of the information regarding pricing, as well as some of the issues distributing the gun in Canada. Some of this info we received led us to believe we needed to launch a pre-sale right immediately. We will bear full responsibility for our role in this rocky start.

To clear up any confusion regarding future pricing moving forward. M+M Industries is hard at work estimating the costs associated with a Canadian specific model. When they have determined this, we will be releasing a joint statement with more information on that pricing.

Wanstalls and M+M Industries appreciate all the support for the M10x rifle and look forward to bringing it to the Canadian market!

Please relax! Stand by! a very cool Non-restricted rifle is on it's way...

Wanstalls
    C'mon!!! I was working hard in the last 2 days in order to set money aside, now, finally, I come to pre-order only to see that I am off the boat.......... this totally ruined my day...... can't believe I was going to rally all my friends on this pre-order....
    "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms ... disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes." - Thomas Jefferson, 1775.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer AB.boy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Saryet View Post
    I see great minds think alike.

I ordered that, an Aero Precision SPR mount, and some mags from CTCS before supplies get short. Right now my big struggle is finding M-Lok rail panels I like.

-Saryet, out!-
    The Aero mount is designed for an AR, I think it might put the optic too high on this rifle.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian46 View Post
    more than the presale is not the "lowest price" that they claimed it would be through them
    Well, in all fairness, Can Am could still come up with the lowest regular selling price once the dealer price is set by M+M. This assumes that M+M does not set and insist upon adherence to a Minimum Advertised Price (MAP) in order to level the playing field after the pre-sale fiasco. That would thwart Can Am's lowest price plan....
    Mark C

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Brian46's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bartok5 View Post
    Well, in all fairness, Can Am could still come up with the lowest regular selling price once the dealer price is set by M+M. This assumes that M+M does not set and insist upon adherence to a Minimum Advertised Price (MAP) in order to level the playing field after the pre-sale fiasco. That would thwart Can Am's lowest price plan....
    M+M could also never supply rifles to Wanstalls if they do not adhear to the same price fix you are suggesting (MAP)
    If it's either loud, obnoxious, fast, hated by the general population or any combination of these, I OWN IT!!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer bfiles's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian46 View Post
    M+M could also never supply rifles to Wanstalls if they do not adhear to the same price fix you are suggesting (MAP)
    But thay won't happen cuz they already have an agreement with Wanstalls to fulfill their pre order otherwise I'm sure that would have already been the case and the pre order would have been canceled already
    CSSA CCFR PROUD MEMBER
    "Sleep in bliss Pops"!!!!!!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer medvedqc's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Firas View Post
    Well I found out that after placing my preorder on day one (actually two preorders accidentally), that neither of them "went through". I even saw them both on my CC pending charges, which prompted me to contact Wanstalls to cancel one of them...only to find out that I have now missed the pre order completely.

Seems like my luck is even worse now that the price is speculated to increase....
    maybe not ...be patient we do not know all yet ...

I think a price increase at this point would sour a lot of potential customers. I was wanting to put through my preorder last night but amidst all the drama I hesitated and now it looks as if the price will likely increase. I'm glad to hear that these are approved etc but frankly not in the least bit impressed with what has transpired thus far. I think if M+M was smart they would keep the price fair in order to move quantity in hopes to develop a long lasting relationship with the Canadian consumer. Communication is an asset in these types of situations and not having clearly definined terms of distribution, production and most importantly price seems pretty unprofessional. I'm not sure who jumped the gun here but it's a bit disheartening to get teased with an affordable, NR assault style rifle on the Canadian market, to then have drama and disorganization potentially ruin it. Not trying to be negative but this one stings. My advice is to keep the price at $1449 and sell a ton of them! M+M needs to focus on the long game and Wainstalls needs some serious damage control for the rest of us that are interested in buying.

Interesting to see how this will turn out.
    Member of NFA