Page 36 of 57 FirstFirst ... 162628293031323334353637383940414243444656 ... LastLast

Thread: An Update on Wanstalls M10x pre-order!

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by xdmer View Post
    Holy cow this thread is still going strong, and yet no update.
    There was an update yesterday ....

There's no update. That is all.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Curtton's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cr5 View Post
    They don't seem to have a problem with a little friendly competition between Canadian retailers.
    It's their thread, they can delete it if they want to..
    It's not up to you to decide if they need competition and they shouldn't have to clean up after you.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinasta View Post
    Theres really no friendly competition in firearms industry in Canada. Look at TSE and other stories of complaints of other retailers selling lower than the other. Even going as far as not allowing items from the US to be sold to Canada or certain retailers.
    I rarely post on other competitors paid for sections of CGN but I think this needs to be addressed. From time to time you may have some public confrontations between retailers (and distributors as well) but these are rare. Most retail customers would be surprised at the friendly and social interaction by email/PM and in person meetings at various trade functions (distributor shows and SHOT). I have even been to a few competitor private homes and have had others stay at my house. There is still a healthy rivalry amongst dealers as we are all competing for the same retail dollar. With a few rare exceptions I feel comfortable in sharing a drink, meal or honest conversation with most retail competitors as this is a small industry in Canada. I am saddened at some of the accusations towards Wanstall's and Canada Ammo with regard to the M10X importation issues from people not directly involved in the wholesale transactions. I am proud to be in our industry and wish my honest retail competitors good luck. Phil.
    P&D Enterprises (Retail dealer in Arms, Ammo and Accessories)
    10552 115 St Nw
    Edmonton AB
    T5H 3K6
    Phone (780)420-6419
    Fax (780)420-1945
    Visit our Site http://www.p-d-ent.com

Well said, Phil.
    Far too many drama queens here...

Quote Originally Posted by tootall View Post
    Well said, Phil.
    Far too many drama queens here...
    ...and really sore losers, and just plain sh#t-disturbers.....
    Mark C

Quote Originally Posted by P of PDent View Post
    I rarely post on other competitors paid for sections of CGN but I think this needs to be addressed. From time to time you may have some public confrontations between retailers (and distributors as well) but these are rare. Most retail customers would be surprised at the friendly and social interaction by email/PM and in person meetings at various trade functions (distributor shows and SHOT). I have even been to a few competitor private homes and have had others stay at my house. There is still a healthy rivalry amongst dealers as we are all competing for the same retail dollar. With a few rare exceptions I feel comfortable in sharing a drink, meal or honest conversation with most retail competitors as this is a small industry in Canada. I am saddened at some of the accusations towards Wanstall's and Canada Ammo with regard to the M10X importation issues from people not directly involved in the wholesale transactions. I am proud to be in our industry and wish my honest retail competitors good luck. Phil.
    And that is exactly why your shop is always my first stop when I'm looking for firearms and reloading supplies.
    I've joked with the girls on the till that you should give discounts based on how much we've spent at the store (since it's all tracked), I'd probably be getting one heck of a discount by now

Quote Originally Posted by Bartok5 View Post
    I don't think anyone is being a sore loser, you just seem to be taking peoples comments personally, some may have become personal later on but it started out bashing M+M's business practices. You must be able to see why people are upset by what has happened so far.
    No one is attacking the guys that got in on the pre-sale, people are just pissed off that what the price should have been based on conversion and import costs (the pre-sale price) looks like it is being jacked up by $500 because M+M wants to subsidize the US market. It seems the Americans have figured out these aren't worth the money and aren't buying them so M+M made a Canadian compliant version so they can rape us because we're desperate for a decent NR x39.
    It's very frustrating that M+M said they would release the correct pricing by Friday and they're still sitting around with their thumb up their back door letting us wonder and make up our own conclusions. What they are doing is very unprofessional and makes you wonder what type of people you're potentially dealing with. If I was a business owner and a supplier told me they would deliver by a certain date and didn't I would be dealing with a new supplier not patiently waiting for them to deliver while my customers sit with empty hands.

I hope everyone that got in on the pre-sale is happy with their purchase once they actually have their rifles in hand. I also hope that M+M and the importers don't end up pricing themselves out of a market. If that happens and no one buys them after the pre-sale batch they will stop importing them which will mean no parts or warranty support for those that bought one.

I'd really like to know the whole story and how it really unfolded. Unfortunately only CA, M+M, and Wanstalls will ever know and I even doubt either of our Canadian retailers/importers know what was said to the other by M+M. Whatever happened, someone made a big mistake and the rifles success in Canada will probably suffer because of it.

Why can't Wanstalls contact M+M and demand an answer? M+M set the date and then let it pass, it was their own deadline. Real professional.
    Last edited by cr5; 10-22-2017 at 03:24 AM.
    Don't be so sensitive snowflake, words can't hurt you.
    "Facts don't care about your feelings" Ben Shapiro
    If it's on the muzzle it's a brake NOT a break

By the power vested in me as God of my world.

Cr5, I never took any of the exchanges personally until you made it personal, for which you apologized. As far as I am concerned, that is the end of that. However, I would respectfully suggest that you take a look in the mirror and see if it hasn't become somewhat personal for you as well. How else to explain the ceaseless bashing of M+M industries?

What you perceive as "personal" on my part I see as nothing more than an effort to balance the outright bashing that I think has been completely unwarranted, based solely on hard feelings, conjecture and heresay. I would suggest that my comments only appear to be personal if viewed through an equally biased lense. I would further remind you that the bashing has not been confined to M+M, but has also extended to Wanstalls for ending their pre-sale early. As if they had a choice in the matter! Some people really need to give their heads a shake. Not you on that score, but certainly others posting trash-talk in the other theads.

At the end of the day you can interpret my posts however you like. I really don't care so long as I am able to continue providing a balanced counterpoint to the negativity and self-defeating back-biting that has been occurring non-stop since this entire fiasco began. I understand why you and others are frustrated. You have explained your position clearly. What I can't understand is why you persist in being a part of the pitchforks and torches gang. Without the facts which we will likely never have, it is all just conjecture mixed with hurt feelings to produce poisonous bile. Everyone has had plenty of opportunity to vent by now, so what's the point of continuing the guessing games? Why not just focus on the facts, which all have to do with a very promising new firearms design hitting the Canadian market? That alone ought to give us all plenty to talk about without having to dredge up all of the nausea and hard feelings.
    Mark C

Quote Originally Posted by Bartok5 View Post
    Yes I notice how you keep digging and don't give it up either lol...
    Join CSSA. Vote Conservative Andrew Scheer in 2019 if you value your firearms!

Quote Originally Posted by MET View Post
    Yes I notice how you keep digging and don't give it up either lol...
    Good to see you still here too!
    Mark C

Lol, The only people or company I have anything bad to say about is M+M, I'm hoping the discrepancy between CA and Wanstalls was just a miscommunication from the manufacturer to them. I have bought firearms and accessories from both companies and have always come away happy with my decision to deal with them.
    I don't really understand how you can continue to defend M+M's actions though, their product if it ever gets sorted out should be a welcome addition to our marketplace but they could put all this to bed if they would just do what they said they would do and give a price to our retailers so they can set their retail price and let us know what's going on.
    I never saw any of the bashing aimed at Wanstalls for closing the pre-sale early but instead it was anger towards M+M for forcing the closure due to wanting to subsidize the low US sales with inflated prices for us. I may have missed or forgot some posts which you reference but to me it's all been aimed at M+M for raising the price. The statement they released stating exactly why they wanted more money from us was a kick in the lower abdominal region and shows they have no respect for us. It actually would have been a lot better for them if they had lied and simply stated that a miscommunication led the retailer to release a sale price that can not be supported and that the cost would be whatever from here on in, the people on the pre-order were lucky to have taken advantage in a timely manner and that price would be honored for them. Saying they would give us a firm price then not doing it by the time they said they would and then remaining silent for days afterward is poor business practice no matter what industry you deal in and every day they wait I'm sure more and more people who are on the fence will lose interest and move on to other rifles like the Type-81 that is almost here.

Anyway, I just like to debate stuff, especially with someone like yourself who holds their ground and can remain calm and continue on without resorting to name calling or other childish antics.
    Some day I'll convince you to come out to my place to shoot your M10x and also shoot whatever rifles I have in my collection that interest you and we'll have a couple beers to end the afternoon.
    Last edited by cr5; 10-22-2017 at 01:50 PM.
    Don't be so sensitive snowflake, words can't hurt you.
    "Facts don't care about your feelings" Ben Shapiro
    If it's on the muzzle it's a brake NOT a break

By the power vested in me as God of my world.