Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Transfer/registration wait

Transfer/registration wait

I'm sure this is a very common question but here I am. I am a first-time restricted buyer in British Columbia. I went to a gun store this Saturday (Oct 7) to buy a Glock 22 and the store filed the tranfer online. I took the initiative (sure, lets call it that) and emailed the CFO my club membership information today (Oct 11). Keeping in mind Monday was a stat, how long sould I expect to wait to hear back? Is it the store/seller that will contact me? Thanks.

I can give my .02 - went through this today.
    Went to LGS to buy a range membership - buying a pistol from a friend, can't get the transfer paperwork without it. Bought the membership, browsed the gun case, saw a wicked sale. Made a total impulse purchase and bought two 1911 .22s. They phoned it in, faxed membership to CFO. He told me to call the CFO on Monday to follow up. I would give them 5 business days after your email today (or Monday, like me) - ask them what the status of your transfer is, and I think you'll be good to go.
    Seeing as how this is my first experience as well, I could be totally wrong - but I want to say you'll be shooting by this time next week.

You shooting at DVC or The Range? I'm an old Langley boy myself

I have not decided what range to go to yet. Both DVC and The Range are pretty expensive. The Langley Rod & Gun club seems a bit more reasonable and much closer to where I live. Not sure yet. I'll probably visit them and see what has the best vibe. I'd like to go somewhere they don't what to make it a big socializing event or in your face ordeal. I prefer to just quietly focus on my shooting. Years ago I went to a place in North Vancouver called PSA or something like that. I worked at NAPA and a cutomer took me. It was basic old school range with some old school dudes (old farts) that gave quiet down to earth advice. I'd like a place like that rather than some hyper tacticool joint. Regarding calling the CFO. Everyone always says that. Good luck! I tried several times over the past two days and it is permanant hold. I left my phone on speaker for hours.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Paul_T's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by blunderbuss11 View Post
    I'm sure this is a very common question but here I am. I am a first-time restricted buyer in British Columbia. I went to a gun store this Saturday (Oct 7) to buy a Glock 22 and the store filed the tranfer online. I took the initiative (sure, lets call it that) and emailed the CFO my club membership information today (Oct 11). Keeping in mind Monday was a stat, how long sould I expect to wait to hear back? Is it the store/seller that will contact me? Thanks.
    Last transfer I did (private) from AB to BC CFO was done within 24 hours. This was a week ago.
    Did you tell them to send you the transfer papers via email? The store will contact you once they receive the transfer notification.
    "No matter where you go - there you are"

It's been 14 business days, still waiting.
    Thanks to ON CFO, they had too many turkeys.

I purchased a np22 sept.26 and still waiting,, I sold a 1911 to a friend on sept 28 and had transfer completed with an att issued by oct. 5... I asked the cfo while on the phone she said new purchases are delayed right now but she wouldn't say why.. hope I get my gun soon!

Quote Originally Posted by blunderbuss11 View Post
    Usually transfers are completed in BC within 24-48 hours. ALWAYS ask the CFO to email you the transfer notification, that way you get it almost immediately and can pick up your pistol as soon as you have it. Call the store you bought the gun at today and ask for the reference number,, call the BC CFO @ 778-571-3400 as soon as you have the reference number, ask them to email you the transfer notification and MAKE SURE they received your range membership, if not, send your range membership again with your Reference number as the subject,,, if you follow these steps your transfer will be completed much quicker and you can get that pistol in your hand . Good luck!
    The only good lefty is a Stag Arms lefty

Quote Originally Posted by edgy View Post
    Usually transfers are completed in BC within 24-48 hours. ALWAYS ask the CFO to email you the transfer notification, that way you get it almost immediately and can pick up your pistol as soon as you have it. Call the store you bought the gun at today and ask for the reference number,, call the BC CFO @ 778-571-3400 as soon as you have the reference number, ask them to email you the transfer notification and MAKE SURE they received your range membership, if not, send your range membership again with your Reference number as the subject,,, if you follow these steps your transfer will be completed much quicker and you can get that pistol in your hand . Good luck!
    Thanks for the help and nothing personal against you. I know you're helping but what is it with everyone saying "Oh just call the CFO" like you're ordering a pizza. I have. Several times. I have been put on hold and stayed there for hours. They do NOT answer. I have the refrence number and I did email them my membership but who knows?

It's incredible how everyone you ask, including the store people and RCMP websites ALL, tell you something completely different. I went to the store I am buying from and talked to someone else from the guy who started the paperwork. THIS guy said it all goes by mail to Miramichi and then THEY send it to me via mail. "Unless you call the CFO and ask then to send it via Emial" you say? How? "Just phone". The phone number everyone says to "just call" they do not answer. The one time I did actually sit and wait on hold for an hour and someone did pick up just just said "Huh? British Columbia? CFO? What's a British Columbia? Oh yeah I've heard of that. No we're 5,700 Km away from there. Hang on I'll transfer you" Another hour...crickets. Does a BC CFO even actually exist? Seems like a phantom outfit to me. I have also had people tell me "Oh yes you can absolutly go to Green Timbers in person and do the paperwork?/Oh no you can absolutly NOT go to Green Timbers in person..." "It usually takes 24-48 hours/It takes 7-14 bussiness days" and everyone sounds just as confident as the person asserting the opposite. I also get "Just go to the website to check the satus of..." Oh yeah? Where? Oh there? Thanks. *goes there* NOPE. I see on the website where it says check system requierments and then yet another dead end. I know someone will say just be patient but that is not helping because what I do know for sure is that I have to get the CFO or CFP or some mystery entitiy my club membership information yet there is ZERO reliable way to do that. It has been a week since I started this and most people have said it's only a couple of days. I'm sorry to rant and I'm not mad at anyone in particular trying to help. It's is just very frustrating being told so many things that are demonstrably false and cotraditory.

Ordered a brand new 1911 from a store in Ontario September 28th. And still no Transfer. (Oct. 19th.) I've had them as fast as 48 hrs. Not sure what's going but the transfers are taking forever right now.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast