Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Tavor 7

Quote Originally Posted by Ingots View Post
    Exactly what I was thinking.
    Me too

Quote Originally Posted by TreMoR View Post
    Tavor VS RFB ? hummmm RFB have a better warranty
    not really a contest, considering RFB has been out for a few years now, the sales number haven't been all that stellar, you are better off comparing the Tavor 7 with Desert Tech MDR.

Quote Originally Posted by MustangFrank View Post
    Thats it ? There are many muzzle devices available with forward facing holes. Dlask has them. Problem solved.
    I don't think it's *muzzle* blast that's the problem; it is that the chamber is right next to your cheek bone.

I haven't shot a big-bore Tavor, but I did shoot the Kel-Tec KSG bullpup shotgun and hated it for that reason.

I would love to try a 9mm Tavor or even a 223, but the 308 might be too much for me.

CGN frequent flyer MustangFrank's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wagnerb View Post
    I don't think it's *muzzle* blast that's the problem; it is that the chamber is right next to your cheek bone.

I haven't shot a big-bore Tavor, but I did shoot the Kel-Tec KSG bullpup shotgun and hated it for that reason.

I would love to try a 9mm Tavor or even a 223, but the 308 might be too much for me.
    Fair enough that you wouldn't like it. I've never read those reviews. Folks shoot Desert Tech's in .338 Lapua and have not reported this to be a problem. Generally speaking someone always hates something and is all to happy to announce it to the world.

Quote Originally Posted by TreMoR View Post
    Serious ? we rarely see this...
    My RFB was nothing but trouble. I got sick of sending it in for warranty work at $80 for shipping (Including insurance) each time. A lifetime of doing that, would have been too much for me.

Will have to see how some long term reliability and accuracy reviews work out on the .308 MDR, but either the MDR or Tavor 7 will be in my hands once they're both available here!

Tavor 7 ad I found on youtube.
    https://youtu.be/Py9L8fntsJ8

Quote Originally Posted by MustangFrank View Post
    Thats it ? There are many muzzle devices available with forward facing holes. Dlask has them. Problem solved.
    I have a micro xcr in 308 my 12 yr old shot it this wknd, no issue

dont know if want
    you know 308 is just too heavy to carry in a battle rifle load out compared to 5.56, 1/3 the ammo. if a 4 moa 7.62 bullpup really does it for you then ehhh

My bet is on the MDR which is caliber swappable between 300 blk, .223 wylde and .308 at the moment. It might actually make it to the Canadian market before the Tavor 7, well I at least I am hoping. Still I would love to get my hands on the M17, RFB, MDR and Tavor 7 to really do a .308 comparison.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast