Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Tavor 7

CGN Ultra frequent flyer norlandgeese's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Daver_II View Post
    Oh... it shoots match ammo very well. Not uncommon to have three rounds under .3"

But my hunting rounds are not consistant at all
    What ammo did you try? Maybe your gun doesn’t like a certain ammo batch or ammo configuration.
    Have you tried Hornady bonded 308?

Even my good old Model 70 can shoot sub 2 MOA with run of the mill Power-shok if I let the barrel cools, and I count flyers and I don’t shoot from lead sleds, very non-nerdy prone in my back field. And I had a Savage 110 ba variant that could do the same with non-match stuff at close distance (100 yard). Ammo batches do matter I found, however hand loads always more consistent.
    Last edited by norlandgeese; 11-04-2017 at 07:42 PM.
    Mismatch is the new black

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Daver_II's Avatar
    I am sure it is just that load... but I was too lazy to try another.

I just thought it was funny that my $10,000 rifle was out shot by my .30-30 with a red dot

CGN Ultra frequent flyer norlandgeese's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Daver_II View Post
    I am sure it is just that load... but I was too lazy to try another.

I just thought it was funny that my $10,000 rifle was out shot by my .30-30 with a red dot
    lol VERY sweet gun nonetheless.
    Anyhoo back to topic, if anyone has accuracy info on the Tavor 7, please share.
    Accuracy+reasonable pricing (I know it’s subjective) will put this on my save up / preorder-worthy list.
    Mismatch is the new black

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Scarecrow's Avatar
    Guys watch the video if your wondering about accuracy. Looks like the barrel jumps 1/4" - 1/2" every shot!
    Order in council, for when politicians want to order people instead of being ordered by the people.

Should police follow the law or should law follow the police?

Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow View Post
    Guys watch the video if your wondering about accuracy. Looks like the barrel jumps 1/4" - 1/2" every shot!
    Holy crap! I just watched it @ 1/4 speed. The barrel is all over the place. Sloppy as a 2 dollar...

Quote Originally Posted by Ingots View Post
    Holy crap! I just watched it @ 1/4 speed. The barrel is all over the place. Sloppy as a 2 dollar...
    ... toonie Tuesday at KFC

Estimated Time Frame for FRT

Quote Originally Posted by North_Sylva View Post
    We know as much as the general public knows right now. IWI only showed the prototype rifle to generate interest. We will provide pricing and ETA when more information becomes available. Thanks.
    I would like to buy a Tavor 7 when they become available.

Does anyone have an estimate when they might be available in Canada(considering the Jan 2018 release date)? I'm hoping that the FRT won't take too long to be issued because its basically just a larger version of the TAR 21 / X95.

Also, is it possible to start the FRT process before the Jan 2018 release date?

Hopefully it will be around first quarter of 2018, but with our politics it is uncertain if Tavor 7 will be approved until 2019.
    I truly hope that Canadian dealers will be wise enough to order 'replacement part kits' for Tavor 7 at the time they get first shipments of Tavor 7 if they want to catch that segment of sale along with Tavor 7 (or business goes to US and their Brownells company)...

Quote Originally Posted by duster243 View Post
    I would love to see this gun come to Canada. Would be a great compact big game rifle!
    Probably best to use something a little more accurate than a tavor for hunting.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer merlin1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Victor Simon View Post
    Probably best to use something a little more accurate than a tavor for hunting.
    if u hunt no more than 200 yrds that still leaves u a 3-4 inch window which is plenty even with x95.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast