Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Kriss DMK22 Availability

Kriss DMK22 Availability

It seems Kriss is now shipping this rifle: http://www.guns.com/2017/10/12/kriss-usa-begins-delivery-defiance-dmk22/

Is there any possibility of Irunguns making it available to Canada?

I assume it would be classified as an AR15 variant.

I would also like to know - do we need to wait for an FRT number in Canada, or are we ok to order off the IRG website and import?
    http://www.irunguns.com/product.kris...2-22lr-165-fde

I have sent an inquiry directly to IRG as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom E Gun View Post
    I would also like to know - do we need to wait for an FRT number in Canada, or are we ok to order off the IRG website and import?
    I'm pretty sure it requires an FRT entry before it can be imported, I'm curious to hear the response you get.

I got an email from IRG saying it is available for export to Canada:

"Thanks for the inquiry on the Kriss....It is available in the US location and looks available for purchase, so it is all ready for you to order.

There is no waiting for a FRT on this one as we take care of all the registration for you as part of the business. We have our export hitting soon to the Canadian location, but please feel free to order for the next export to come in!

Any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact us or place the order with our US location

Thanks in advance"

I sent this reply:

Thanks for the reply. One more question: Does the Kriss rifle come with the adapter required to mount a 10/22 barrel? If not, are these available?
    Thanks
    Last edited by Tom E Gun; 10-16-2017 at 09:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom E Gun View Post
    I got an email from IRG saying it is available for export to Canada:

"Thanks for the inquiry on the Kriss....It is available in the US location and looks available for purchase, so it is all ready for you to order.

There is no waiting for a FRT on this one as we take care of all the registration for you as part of the business. We have our export hitting soon to the Canadian location, but please feel free to order for the next export to come in!

Any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact us or place the order with our US location

Thanks in advance"

Very interesting! So is this a NR or R import then?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer r34skyline's Avatar
    Tagged for interest. Are these non restricted?

Tagged

There is no current FRT number in the system. As for how it is classified there is a possibility it could have a NR status like the Ruger SR-22, it all depends on the design. If someone wants to purchase one we will do our best to expedite the process but we currently have no plans on sending one to the lab.

Have a great morning.

Flat rate shipping to Canada is 25.00USD on all accessory and ammunition orders regardless of quantities ordered. Firearms are exported to Canada at a flat rate of 25.00USD per firearm.

The IRUNGUNS Team

www.irunguns.ca
    www.irunguns.com

Thanks for the reply! I would expect it would be classified as AR variant based on the lower/upper geometry and the fact that it is sold and advertised as an AR15 trainer.

Could you explain what the process of being the first buyer entails? Would Irunguns have to send that particular customer's rifle in for examination? Should the first customer be an RPAL holder?

Quote Originally Posted by RideauBound View Post
    Thanks for the reply! I would expect it would be classified as AR variant based on the lower/upper geometry and the fact that it is sold and advertised as an AR15 trainer.

Could you explain what the process of being the first buyer entails? Would Irunguns have to send that particular customer's rifle in for examination? Should the first customer be an RPAL holder?
    The process is fairly simple. IRUNGUNS would fill out a Application to Register and a Versifier's Report with the RCMP. We send detailed information and a number of pictures with a number of measurements. Given the information they will either assign a FRT# or ask for a sample. If we push NR status they will most likely require the firearm. After receipt of said Firearm it takes 120 working days to get it classified. We have about 8 firearms currently with the lab for classification.

I hope that helps, have a great morning.

Flat rate shipping to Canada is 25.00USD on all accessory and ammunition orders regardless of quantities ordered. Firearms are exported to Canada at a flat rate of 25.00USD per firearm.

The IRUNGUNS Team

www.irunguns.ca
    www.irunguns.com

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast