Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pics from my visit to Rangeview Sports

Pics from my visit to Rangeview Sports

Located in Newmarket, about half an hour north of downtown Toronto, in an open mall next to Walmart and other big mainstream stores, Rangeview Sports is well positioned to attract foot traffic from prospective shooters. Being fairly new, the store has a very modern, neat feel as you can see here.

Tikka T3X tactical and Ruger Precision

Tikka T3X Arctic

Handguns

I especially like the showroom section…it reminds me of the Sommelier in John Wick 2 lol. Unfortunately I took the pics before we turned all the lights on so they are a bit dark and I forgot to retake them (oops).

Ok now for some closeups…starting with the Ohio Ordnance Works Colt 1918A3 SLR BAR 30-06 Springfield

Believe it or not, I think this is the first new HS Precision that I have ever seen…all the others have been pre-owned

I have seen the Steyr SSG 69 before but I like it so much that I had to have another look at this iconic “original” sniper rifle…I just love the look and feel of the stock material. Of course the cold hammer forged barrel and rear locking lugs are impressive too.

It has been a longggggg time since I have seen a Steyr pistol…it felt a little top heavy, I am curious how it feels to shoot one

Those triangle sights are unmistakable

As always, high fit and finish on this Kimber

Nice grips and checkering

As I have reported elsewhere, I have shot the Sig MPX twice and loved it both times…just wanted a few more pics of this beauty.

Revision has some of the most robust eyewear as shown by the test lens that stopped a 12 gauge. I have a Sawfly and it could quite possibly be the only pair of sunglasses that I have ever said is too big for my face…aesthetics aside, the big size gives good protective coverage though. Fortunately, Rangeview had most of the models in stock so I could compare and I ended up taking a Hellfly.

As you probably know, I love binoculars and was pleased that they had a Bushnell Elite for me to try..i took it outside to test and found it to be very clear.

More optics

I was also pleasantly surprised to see Strider Knives along with Canadian icon Grohman knives

I had never heard of Z-corr anti corrosion storage bags but I bought a couple to test them out.

Magpul

All done shopping I headed out to Big Bone Ribs and Wicked Wings…I have been to their sister location, Memphis Ribs in Vaughan and thought they were great. Last time I took the rib and wing combo and I though the ribs were the better part so I went with 9 bones this time (they throw in a 10th)

Thanks again to Rangeview for the great service and I wish you guys the best of luck.

RL
    Last edited by RL1; 10-15-2017 at 12:11 AM.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer philhut's Avatar
    Nice review.

You forgot to meantion they sell ballistol
    This is a friendly approachable gun shop with stock for serious shooters and entry level kit alike. Good to have more local business in the shooting catagory. Good luck on your business rangeview sports.

"East of the Rockies, and west of the rest" - Corb Lund
    Thanks for the pics. I love these threads.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer colinjw's Avatar
    Great pictures. It looks like a store that I want to visit.
    And since I live just outside Newmarket, I will be in there in a few days.

CGN Regular
    A great addition to the neighbourhood, thanks for the review.
    Dropped in for the first time on Friday - great bunch of guys!
    Love Big Bone as well.

Super Moderator
    Thanks for the thread - I pass through Newmarket on occasion, will be able to stop for a visit.

Great stuff! Thanks

I’ve driven right past this place and didn’t know they were there. Will stop in on my next time through.

I will check out the rib joint as well. Thanks

Thanks RL1 looks like it's time for another road trip.

Thanks for the photos looks like a beautiful place i'm going to have to take a drive and have a look..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast