Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Bad idea to buy your first restricted online?

Bad idea to buy your first restricted online?

Hey guys,

I just received my RPAL in the mail and am looking to buy my first handgun this week.
    Is it at bad idea to order your first restricted online (from a different province)? I am wondering if that could cause problems/delays with the CFO/transfer?

If I bought my first restricted in a physical store here in Manitoba, I'd have to wait about 2 weeks for the transfer (after faxing range membership to the CFO).
    Then just sort ATT and pick up firearm.

How would this process work if I ordered online from another province "cross province"?
    Would this delay the process? Anyone who has any experience?

Thank you for any input!

Super GunNutz
    In my experience, it didn't matter. Local might be a bit faster but both are fine.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Phat Eagle's Avatar
    Depends on where you buy it from... In my experience some jurisdictions (notably Ontario and Quebec) are really slow, while BC and Alberta are fast. YMMV

CGN frequent flyer
    Been waiting on a restricted transfer here in Ontario since sept 30th . That said my first restricted was purchased out of province and it took about 3 weeks ish

CGN Regular
    No,not a big deal. You'll be waiting for a brief while either way if it's your first restricted.

CGN frequent flyer
    First one takes the longest from everyone I’ve asked, after that it depends on your provinces CFO on how long it takes for approval. Saskatchewan’s CFO is currently under 48 hours for completed transfers, I’ve had 5 in the last 2 months.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer caramel's Avatar
    Everywere, except Ontario usually take a while for the transfert, buy from a reputable dealer and you will be on a smooth road... JP.
    Last edited by caramel; 10-16-2017 at 08:54 PM.

Okay thank you for your input!
    I usually order from Ontario...
    I think I will pick up my first handgun locally just to be on the safe side and not have the transfer bogged down somewhere.
    Who knows, maybe even get to take a few shots at my outdoor range before 30 below?

CGN frequent flyer 84fuegoturbo's Avatar
    It doesn’t matter what province you order from, some guys think so for whatever reason....it’s your own province’s CFO that determines how fast or slow the transfers take. No issues for out of province purchases. Find your best deal, do your research on what you would like to buy and enjoy

CGN frequent flyer greywolf67nt's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tabaan View Post
    Okay thank you for your input!
    I usually order from Ontario...
    I think I will pick up my first handgun locally just to be on the safe side and not have the transfer bogged down somewhere.
    Who knows, maybe even get to take a few shots at my outdoor range before 30 below?
    The transfer depends on the province you are in not the province you buy from.
    Private sale FROM Ontario less than 36 hours.
    Private sale TO Ontario almost 3 weeks.
    Private sale TO/FROM AB, BC, SK, NT less than 48 hrs
    Don't give up SQUAT!
    ZERO Compliance!

CCFR MEMBER

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast