Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: night shoot possible?

Quote Originally Posted by Still alive View Post
    This “ idea” has been going on here, once a year, for quite a few seasons now. Full safety briefings, fully attentive and on the ball ROs and limited to extremely experienced and competent shooters one at a time. Rambo personalities and yahoos do not do well in our sport.
    I hope your comment was meant in jest.
    Indeed. The guys who developed & implemented CASE (& organize the matches) did it very, very well. One of them is not only ex-military but also a safety expert. They're all obviously very dedicated to the sport.
    I've had a black badge for years. I more recently did the CASE course. It was well done, and it was fun.
    I have been very impressed with the commitment to safe shooting...and the quality of the stages...and the level of competition.
    And it's just the most fun thing in the world.
    "Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the act of depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest." - Mohandas Gandhi

Ive shot indoor low light matches here in Ontario...They pop up occasionally. Or you can head south of the border. Lots of night matches in the US.

Sounds like you BC guys have really got your act together...Seems like a great core of dedicated people and a real community. Way to go...

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Phat Eagle View Post
    As one of the organizers of the DSSBCA shoot I can tell you we are VERY fortunate to be able to host this event... The range we use is fairly remote, yet close to the city, and it is nestled in a valley, so the noise is largely contained.

It is an EXCELLENT chance to experience things you normally don't, like how much a 600 lumen light will blind you when it hits a white corplast wall!!!!! Good luck getting it together!

Ahh come on I use my 2000lum 250y light on my HD shotgun lol.

The coolest thing I've seen (try to find the clip) was a full NV Dynamic training shoot in the US it was amazing.
    Hearts and Minds; Two best places to shoot
    Fighting in a basement provides challenges, Number 1 your fighting in a basement!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer P0WERWAGON's Avatar
    the first time we ran the night shoot at TMSA was very interesting. luckily, at the time, Gothmog was the club executive. convincing him was pretty easy, he just had some work to do with the rest of the club.

best part was all the guys that showed up with the super bright lights (2005? 2006?) no led's, then realizing you cannot see anything after the first shot from all the smoke screen you just created and the weapon light didnt help at all.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12