Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: WANSTALLS CUSTOM order oppoutunity: Cabot Arms Rare Damascus Deluxe 1911

Looks cool!

Are there any manufacturers looking to make other guns like this? [... 10 seconds googling] WOW! How much to get a damascus steel ar15?

I mean, *I* can't afford one but I know a few people on here who seem like they could. Would love to have a cgn'r post some reviews of something like that.

I got off topic.

Edit for speling

Quote Originally Posted by Wanstalls_Custom View Post
    This is is more of a canister Damascus. It does use powdered metal in the process, but it is still Damascus steel. I say that because some people associate powdered metal with MIM….this is not the same. Powdered metals are commonly used by artisans too, and it is still heated and forged. The Oak series Damascus guns are over 50K..... these (depending) on the USD conversion will be under 10k. Call or email for current quote!

Cheers,

Gary
    Nice gun, and it may be canister Damascus but I highly doubt they got that repeatable defined pattern by adding metal into a canister and forging it. There was some articulate drilling done during the forging to create the raindrop effect. There are incredible master smiths out there and would crazy to see in the future a mosaic pattern with a distinctive image on a slide.
    “Okay, I reckon the hare gets ####ed”
    “What, Proper ####ed”

CGN frequent flyer MustangFrank's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by skimmer View Post
    Looks cool!

Are there any manufacturers looking to make other guns like this? [... 10 seconds googling] WOW! How much to get a damascus steel ar15?

I mean, *I* can't afford one but I know a few people on here who seem like they could. Would love to have a cgn'r post some reviews of something like that.
    I got off topic.

Edit for speling
    All the guns made by Cabot Guns are extreme works of art and should be cherished by collectors. If you are interested in looking at other Damascus guns including frames check out JJFU guns. Forget about the politics. Just some unreal works of art for the collector or shooter. Not taking anything away from the Cabot guns though. It's just nice to appreciate the Damascus made 1911's .

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Sakoman .308's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark-II View Post
    It's pretty, and the reversed controls are interesting.

Though a gun labeled "Bullseye" should have sights befitting the name.
    I was going to say the same. Where are the adjustable sights, It's beautiful though.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123