Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Get Trained!! Project Mapleseed Event Rocks!! 13 Oct 2017

CGN Regular
    Any plans for courses out Alberta way?

Business Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave in Calgary View Post
    The Mapleseed folks were in Edson and Grande Cache last summer. Maybe one of them will chime in here for some 2018 dates. I was also working on buckaroo my CQB counterpart at CDTSA Milo Range to host the Project Mapleseed. Especially in their Junior Program context. Win-win, Baby....

Cheers, Barney

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    TT, I did a mapleseed this past spring with a savage mark 2 and Bushnell AR Optics 4x12x40.

Great fun running through the Mapleseed Qualification Test with a bolt gun beside all those 10/22s. RIFLEMAN!
    Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is sort of an advance auction sale of stolen goods. HL Mencken. 1919.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave in Calgary View Post
    Hi Dave in Calgary,

Yes, we are planning Alberta dates for 2018 and hoping to work in Calgary. Sign up for event notification on the website www.mapleseedrifleman.com and if your range is interested in hosting us send us a message (or if you want info) at info@mapleseedrifleman.com

Quote Originally Posted by TacticalTeacher View Post
    The Mapleseed folks were in Edson and Grande Cache last summer. Maybe one of them will chime in here for some 2018 dates. I was also working on buckaroo my CQB counterpart at CDTSA Milo Range to host the Project Mapleseed. Especially in their Junior Program context. Win-win, Baby....

Cheers, Barney

Thanks Barney for all the support and kind words. Come back and shoot with us anytime!

Kelly

I had the chance to do an Appleseed shoot while in Texas - and based on a quick perusal of the Mapleseed site, I'm in. I've signed up for your mailing list and will be looking to attend Alberta and/or BC based shoots in 2018.

Based on what I'm seeing of targets and pics, my hunch is that there are a lot of parallels with the US Appleseed program - and if that is indeed the case, this is by far, bar none, the BEST value in terms of marksmanship instruction there is. Both in terms of dollars and time invested, I cannot think of any other endeavor that yeilds as much benefit from such a small investments.

I'm also glad to see that someone else has discovered the merits of biothane for shooting slings. I picked up a biothane Rhodesian sling from Andy's Leather prior to doing my Rifle 270 at Gunsite, and I have never looked back.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    I've read about the project Appleseed events in the US and they seemed pretty cool, good to see similar ones here. I signed up for notifications on the website, and hopefully there will be an event or 2 in the BC interior. I know I'd like to do one, and I might be able to talk my wife into it too.
    Kristian

Quote Originally Posted by w squared View Post
    I had the chance to do an Appleseed shoot while in Texas - and based on a quick perusal of the Mapleseed site, I'm in. I've signed up for your mailing list and will be looking to attend Alberta and/or BC based shoots in 2018.

Based on what I'm seeing of targets and pics, my hunch is that there are a lot of parallels with the US Appleseed program - and if that is indeed the case, this is by far, bar none, the BEST value in terms of marksmanship instruction there is. Both in terms of dollars and time invested, I cannot think of any other endeavor that yeilds as much benefit from such a small investments.

I'm also glad to see that someone else has discovered the merits of biothane for shooting slings. I picked up a biothane Rhodesian sling from Andy's Leather prior to doing my Rifle 270 at Gunsite, and I have never looked back.
    What a great comment! See you when we make our way to Alberta and BC again in 2018!

Cheers, Kelly

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12