Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Shipping firearms by Canada Post

CGN frequent flyer
    You are technically supposed to ship firearms in a locked hard case, but you can only ship them ground and I think only airmail gets x Ray treatment so their rules are kinda counter intuitive. They make all these rules but unless they want to cut every long narrow box open they can’t really enforce them

Is shipping by ground only a Canada Post rule? Anyone know if FedEx will overnight ship a rifle purchased from Equipment/Exchange?

I am receiving a delivery from Canada Post soon. Does this also apply when you purchase from stores?

//edit//

It did not come trigger locked or cable locked. And the box itself wasn't locked either.
    Last edited by Ev8; 04-06-2019 at 11:45 PM.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer jmichelin84's Avatar
    Anyone noticed that they ask at the post office about if your shipping a firearm? RCMP website says not to mention it, undescriptive packaging
    Is it wrong to love the clack clack bang, but wanna run from a click tick lol

Novice Q? I already have a Venture One account, do I have to use the Snap Ship Online Tool to ship a handgun or can I just follow the requirements and have it shipping Expedited Parcel (ground) with Proof of Age at the actual local P.O.?

Quote Originally Posted by ThorInc View Post
    Novice Q? I already have a Venture One account, do I have to use the Snap Ship Online Tool to ship a handgun or can I just follow the requirements and have it shipping Expedited Parcel (ground) with Proof of Age at the actual local P.O.?
    I have a Venture one account that I hadn’t used for a few years. When I tried to use it it wouldn’t let me set up Snap Ship as it said the email was already tied to the Venture account that it didn’t like. Chased my tail for a while with CP technical support to no end. I gave up and used another email not tied to venture one account and worked well.
    You may have more luck if account has be used more recently. If you have problems, get server errors on the web site try set up a new account.

So, if shipping a firearm with Canada Post, you must use Snap Ship only, you can't label the item yourself and pay at the P.O. in person?

Quote Originally Posted by ThorInc View Post
    So, if shipping a firearm with Canada Post, you must use Snap Ship only, you can't label the item yourself and pay at the P.O. in person?
    That is my understanding the one thing I have heard is that if you do not have a printer then they may print a label for you depending on the clerk and post office. You would need info from your phone that they could scan if doing a label for you. The Snap ship requires you to measure and weigh the item and it is all on the label and perhaps the coding printed on the label. This way it is really hands off except for the hand over and counter scan while you watch! It is also paid by credit card in snap ship so cuts down on transaction time for them.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Paul_T's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bjlaurin View Post
    Is shipping by ground only a Canada Post rule? Anyone know if FedEx will overnight ship a rifle purchased from Equipment/Exchange?
    FedEx won't ship firearms without prior approval - which I will assume to mean 'no we won't ship them'

https://www.fedex.com/en-ca/shipping.../firearms.html
    "No matter where you go - there you are"

CGN frequent flyer
    Also with Canada Post snap ship, there is no insurance option available, if you want insurance take your package to the Post office ( thats what they say on the website)

But if you do that you won't follow Canada Post new firearm shipping regulations.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast