Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The Ultimatum Deadline has arrived

I'll be ordering one this week. What's the estimated lead time? Do you offer a 0 MOA rail instead of the standard 20?
    Last edited by vultr; 11-20-2017 at 09:27 PM.
    "A gun is not a weapon, Marge, it's a tool. Like a butcher's knife or a harpoon, or...or an alligator."

CCFR/NFA Member

Expired Business Member
    Quote Originally Posted by vultr View Post
    I'll be ordering one this week. What's the estimated lead time? Do you offer a 0 MOA rail instead of the standard 20?
    We have machined all the 20moa rails and actions in a batch to ensure we meet our delivery timelines. so at this point we are delivering all actions with 20moa to keep it simple. All other rails will be available as accessories. 10 weeks or better for lead time on the action.

Neat design, always been a fan of floating bolt face designs.
    "That rifle hanging on the wall of the working-class flat or labourer's cottage is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there."
    -- George Orwell

Some users are reporting that trimming may be required on the ESS chassis for the deadline to fit properly. I see on your Facebook that you have a bunch of promotional photos with the action in that chassis as well. Can you confirm whether the action should drop in or will milling or trimming be required?

What about the Cadex chassis?
    "A gun is not a weapon, Marge, it's a tool. Like a butcher's knife or a harpoon, or...or an alligator."

CCFR/NFA Member

Expired Business Member
    Some users are reporting that trimming may be required on the ESS chassis for the deadline to fit properly. I see on your Facebook that you have a bunch of promotional photos with the action in that chassis as well. Can you confirm whether the action should drop in or will milling or trimming be required?

What about the Cadex chassis?
    With the ESS Chassis, trimming of the mag latch is required at the moment due to the larger diameter of our bolt, which requires the mag to seat ~1mm lower. MDT has indicated they will be inletting specifically for the Deadline in the near future.

Cadex chassis models without the top rail will work similarly.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by UltimatumD View Post
    With the ESS Chassis, trimming of the mag latch is required at the moment due to the larger diameter of our bolt, which requires the mag to seat ~1mm lower. MDT has indicated they will be inletting specifically for the Deadline in the near future.

Cadex chassis models without the top rail will work similarly.

Thanks
    Is this something the end user can do?? or should we get a smith to do it?
    Keep Calm and Chooch On

CCFR Member

Expired Business Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GrizzlyLC View Post
    Is this something the end user can do?? or should we get a smith to do it?
    It is simple enough to do on your own. A hand file can trim the mag latch that minute amount. We will post a video soon on how its done.

Any eta on that chassis with the DL inlet? I realize that it's not your company so I won't hold you to the date but if it was imminent I'd probably just hold off and get the deadline specific unit.

CCFR/NFA Member

Expired Business Member
    Any eta on that chassis with the DL inlet? I realize that it's not your company so I won't hold you to the date but if it was imminent I'd probably just hold off and get the deadline specific unit.
    Cannot even guess an ETA for you. Best to contact them directly. We have been approached by several stock and chassis manufacturers for specs. Market pressure would be key reasons for one to introduce a product sooner than another. IMHO.

Expired Business Member
    Just followed up with the engineering team at MDT. They will have a Deadline inlet for their ESS Chassis in two weeks. XLR is expected to have an inlet very quickly also.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast