CanadianGunNutz.com logo, Firearms News and Classifieds in Canada

Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ... 1113141516171819202122 LastLast
Results 201 to 210 of 212

Thread: M+M Industries M10x DMR - Non-Restricted 18.6” in 7.62x39mm Canada

  1. #201
    Big Mouth r34skyline's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    1,955
    Quote Originally Posted by Maple57 View Post
    Well I got out to the range with my M10X this morning. I originally tried it with a Meprolight red dot but switched to a Bushnell AR Optic 3-12X for accuracy testing and I shot at 12X with parallax dialed out.

    It likes to feed Dominion and Hornady ammo but its far from reliable with Norinco copper washed ammo. I had one round that just did not want to come out and I had to drive the charging handle into the table a few times to clear it.

    Accuracy in general was less than I expected and not as good as my Chinese SKS. Closer to my scoped Marlin 30-30.

    Accuracy with Hornady ammo was best of the 3 types tested but nothing I would brag about. Smallest 5 shot group at 100 meters was 2.75 inches. Most we closer to 4 inches. Some were a little worse.

    My feeling is that it would probably shot better with some work on the gas system. I tried running it with the gas off, but setting to 0 is not really off. But at 0 I shot the best groups.

    I would like to see the gas system adjustment more positive and tactile because its kind of wishy washy and I was never quite sure it was where I wanted it.

    I did have a little trouble inserting the mag sometimes because if I wasn't quite vertical it got stuck and I'd have to work it lose again.

    Overall I do like the rifle even though this feedback probably sounds a little harsh.

    Since they call it a DMR rifle I was honestly expecting better accuracy.

    Hopefully other guys are getting better accuracy than I did.
    The accuracy i never expected to be phenomenal but that is very disappointing to hear about the reliability with surplus ammunition. Did you try any of the other surplus? Like czech or bulgarian?

  2. #202
    GunNutz bfiles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Training in Camp X
    Posts
    9,246
    Quote Originally Posted by Maple57 View Post
    Well I got out to the range with my M10X this morning. I originally tried it with a Meprolight red dot but switched to a Bushnell AR Optic 3-12X for accuracy testing and I shot at 12X with parallax dialed out.

    It likes to feed Dominion and Hornady ammo but its far from reliable with Norinco copper washed ammo. I had one round that just did not want to come out and I had to drive the charging handle into the table a few times to clear it.

    Accuracy in general was less than I expected and not as good as my Chinese SKS. Closer to my scoped Marlin 30-30.

    Accuracy with Hornady ammo was best of the 3 types tested but nothing I would brag about. Smallest 5 shot group at 100 meters was 2.75 inches. Most we closer to 4 inches. Some were a little worse.

    My feeling is that it would probably shot better with some work on the gas system. I tried running it with the gas off, but setting to 0 is not really off. But at 0 I shot the best groups.

    I would like to see the gas system adjustment more positive and tactile because its kind of wishy washy and I was never quite sure it was where I wanted it.

    I did have a little trouble inserting the mag sometimes because if I wasn't quite vertical it got stuck and I'd have to work it lose again.

    Overall I do like the rifle even though this feedback probably sounds a little harsh.

    Since they call it a DMR rifle I was honestly expecting better accuracy.

    Hopefully other guys are getting better accuracy than I did.
    The stuck casing is probably a result of a not cleaned chamber and lacquer built up in it is my guess. As for an sks being more accurate I'd love to see an actual vid proving that.

    I'll deliver on my report once my wrist is healed up and put it side by side with a T81, Cz858, Vz58 etc.... to see real results.

    Funny as Norc non corrosive ammo is some of the best x39 ammo I have shot, and I've shoot alot of it thru many different rifles
    CSSA MEMBER
    "Sleep in bliss Pops"!!!!!!

  3. #203
    GunNutz Bartok5's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Edmonton, Alberta
    Posts
    1,951
    Mark C

  4. #204
    I have no life IchBinEinSniper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Brockvegas
    Posts
    2,077
    Looking to buy another NR rifle...this one is on the list:

    M+M Industries M10X DMR - $1,999
    STAG Arms STAG-10 LEV2 - $1,945
    Black Creek Labs BCL102 - $1,499
    Kodiak Defense WK180C - $1,095

    But is it worth the money? ~ Twice the price of the 180? It's all subjective since I have paid much more money for NRs like the SA Classic Green, RA M96, and IWI Tavor. I am going to be handling each this week and will find out how they compare that way. I like what I see in videos...
    I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.

  5. #205
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    7
    The Stag 10 LEV2 seems like more rifle for the money. The M10X looks like fun but I personally feel like its outside its price range.

  6. #206
    I have no life drifter dave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    B.C.
    Posts
    2,464
    Quote Originally Posted by IchBinEinSniper View Post
    Looking to buy another NR rifle...this one is on the list:

    M+M Industries M10X DMR - $1,999
    STAG Arms STAG-10 LEV2 - $1,945
    Black Creek Labs BCL102 - $1,499
    Kodiak Defense WK180C - $1,095

    But is it worth the money? ~ Twice the price of the 180? It's all subjective since I have paid much more money for NRs like the SA Classic Green, RA M96, and IWI Tavor. I am going to be handling each this week and will find out how they compare that way. I like what I see in videos...
    You’re talking about 3 different calibers here.
    If you’re not worried about caliber get the WK.
    G96 smells awesome.
    Member, CSSA & CCFR.

  7. #207
    I have no life IchBinEinSniper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Brockvegas
    Posts
    2,077
    Quote Originally Posted by drifter dave View Post
    You’re talking about 3 different calibers here.
    If you’re not worried about caliber get the WK.
    Yup...those are 3 different calibers. Not worried about getting the cheapest thing, want something fun, and interesting.
    I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.

  8. #208
    CGN Regular HotSoup's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    596
    So when is the price dropping on these?

  9. #209
    HELP! I sold my soul to the internet onetwentyish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    East-central North Texas (AB)
    Posts
    5,911
    Quote Originally Posted by IchBinEinSniper View Post
    Yup...those are 3 different calibers. Not worried about getting the cheapest thing, want something fun, and interesting.
    I have all but the WK. My vote of what you have listed would be the Stag10, and of what you do not have listed is the ATRS MS. Today is the last day to get in on ATRS' production run 2 delivery and if you do full payment on the lower you skip C71. Production run 2 is scheduled for a fall delivery.
    "I dont usually bring targets im more of a dirt shooter." -daniel_250r
    Best way to stop firearms from being "easily convertible to full-auto"?
    Require lab techs to wear velcro shoes and joggers.

    CCFR 🍁 CSSA

  10. #210
    CGN Regular HotSoup's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    596
    Quote Originally Posted by onetwentyish View Post
    I have all but the WK. My vote of what you have listed would be the Stag10, and of what you do not have listed is the ATRS MS. Today is the last day to get in on ATRS' production run 2 delivery and if you do full payment on the lower you skip C71. Production run 2 is scheduled for a fall delivery.
    for FORWARD ASSIST uppers only. Dont order slick side if you want delivery this fall.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •