Page 10 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171820 ... LastLast

Thread: M+M Industries M10x DMR - Non-Restricted 18.6” in 7.62x39mm Canada

CGN Ultra frequent flyer onetwentyish's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bartok5 View Post
    Sorry, but no, not really. I honestly find the DMR jokes to be childish and tiresome at this point. The joke is old and now that the rifles are here it is even more lame than ever. But whatever - knock yourself out. I'll see if I can recall some "knock, knock" jokes to contribute to your chuckle-fest!
    Im not saying its your intent Mark, but it seems like you are fanboy defending M+M's poor marketing (DMR ALL THE THINGS!) and more than coincidental price hike that happened to coincide with North Sylva's announcement of distribution rights. Not before they had a market M10x, and not after the first shipment sold out, but exactly when North Sylva got involved.

It is what it is, and I will get one at somepoint, it does look like a decent rifle, but M+M and NS deserve every bit of ribbing we can dish out. Besides, they are being paid well to deal with this fallout by those who have still purchased during this ordeal.

I do understand how the constant hate can become annoying as it drowns out otherwise good conversation about the rifle design, but I suppose thats a price we pay for supporting this behaviour...

My $0.02.
    Last edited by onetwentyish; 06-17-2018 at 12:07 PM.
    "I dont usually bring targets im more of a dirt shooter." -daniel_250r
    I am the "small fringe minority" with "unacceptable" views.
    CCFR 🍁 CSSA

CGN Ultra frequent flyer jiffx2781's Avatar
    ^^^ I'm sure it's simply a case of "this is better because it's mine". We can all suffer with that from time to time

Quote Originally Posted by onetwentyish View Post
    Im not saying its your intent Mark, but it seems like you are fanboy defending M+M's poor marketing (DMR ALL THE THINGS!) and more than coincidental price hike that happened to coincide with North Sylva's announcement of distribution rights. Not before they had a market M10x, and not after the first shipment sold out, but exactly when North Sylva got involved.

It is what it is, and I will get one at somepoint, it does look like a decent rifle, but M+M and NS deserve every bit of ribbing we can dish out. Besides, they are being paid well to deal with this fallout by those who have still purchased during this ordeal.

I do understand how the constant hate can become annoying as it drowns out otherwise good conversation about the rifle design, but I suppose thats a price we pay for supporting this behaviour...

My $0.02.
    Completely agree with you

No, that's not it at all. I have plenty of rifles that I am sure will put the M10X to shame in the quality department, accuracy, or however else you choose to rate a firearm. My distaste for the tiresome "DMR jokes" and other criticisms of the rifle comes from the fact that they are not directed at M+M or NS, as neither of those entities could care less - assuming that they even care enough to read the criticisms. No, let's be honest here and admit that the digs are intended towards those who support the M10X (not necessarily its maker or Canadian distributor). The insults are thinly veiled and have been rampant from the outset of the pricing brouhaha. Funny how whevever someone fires back at the abject hypocrisy demonstrated by the buyers of over-priced NR AR receiver sets however, those folks get all butt-hurt and defensive about their purchasing decisions. Talk about a double-standard....����
    Mark C

Quote Originally Posted by onetwentyish View Post

My $0.02.
    What possible reason would I have to defend M+M's marketing approach or NA's distribution practices? Serious question. Please elaborate on your theory, as you apparently have one...

Your last sentence fully explains my annoyance with the constant hate directed towards the M10X, so why do you insist on inferring more sinister motives my part?
    Mark C

BANNED
    No, that's not it at all. I have plenty of rifles that I am sure will put the M10X to shame in the quality department, accuracy, or however else you choose to rate a firearm. My distaste for the tiresome "DMR jokes" and other criticisms of the rifle comes from the fact that they are not directed at M+M or NS, as neither of those entities could care less - assuming that they even care enough to read the criticisms. No, let's be honest here and admit that the digs are intended towards those who support the M10X (not necessarily its maker or Canadian distributor). The insults are thinly veiled and have been rampant from the outset of the pricing brouhaha. Funny how whevever someone fires back at the abject hypocrisy demonstrated by the buyers of over-priced NR AR receiver sets however, those folks get all butt-hurt and defensive about their purchasing decisions. Talk about a double-standard....����
    What double standard? If you are referring to Macdef SLR sets then you aren't up to date on your prices for milled receiver sets. A complete USA made milled AR style receiver set will cost you about $800 Cdn. Paying an additional $200 for a Canadain made set of a design which has never before existed and is made by a small shop in limited numbers(right now) is far from gouging. The M10x had an original Canadian price of $1500 then miraculously climbed to over $2000 without reason other than the gimmicky DMR safety selector. M&M screwed over two retailers and settled with a third at the expense of Canadian gun owners. Someone else pointed out that an M10x could be had for approximately $1200 USD in the US right now which works out to approximately $1585 Cdn. So where does the extra $400 plus dollars in cost come from for the Canadian market?? NS isn't paying US retail..

I will come out and say it, those who are purchasing the M10x are fools who are grossly over paying for a marginal product. All while supporting shady businesses with shady practices.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer GuiltySpark's Avatar
    Okay, my jokes aren't funny. But in my case thats not why I'm making them. I have zero ridicule for you guys who buy/support/love this rifle and 100% towards M+M. Guns are guns, buy lots! As I said it looks great! I'd even consider this rifle for around half the price just to have it but that's neither here nor there. (I'm in the market for an AK style/looking rifle, this looks sorta like a modern AK)

Say, I'd be willing to EMT you over $50 for a box of match grade 7.62x39 ammo to put through your M10X to see how accurate the DMR rifle is. Post pictures. Might boost sales for the rifle too, ya?

Quote Originally Posted by AB_blaster View Post
    What double standard? If you are referring to Macdef SLR sets then you aren't up to date on your prices for milled receiver sets. A complete USA made milled AR style receiver set will cost you about $800 Cdn. Paying an additional $200 for a Canadain made set of a design which has never before existed and is made by a small shop in limited numbers(right now) is far from gouging. The M10x had an original Canadian price of $1500 then miraculously climbed to over $2000 without reason other than the gimmicky DMR safety selector. M&M screwed over two retailers and settled with a third at the expense of Canadian gun owners. Someone else pointed out that an M10x could be had for approximately $1200 USD in the US right now which works out to approximately $1585 Cdn. So where does the extra $400 plus dollars in cost come from for the Canadian market?? NS isn't paying US retail..

I will come out and say it, those who are purchasing the M10x are fools who are grossly over paying for a marginal product. All while supporting shady businesses with shady practices.
    As has already been discussed ad-nauseum, the "extra" $400 is easily accounted for as the result of US shipping, Canadian shipping, International brokerage, Export and Import applications and licenses, and so forth. Perhaps if you were paying attention instead of insulting entire blocks of CGN membership you wouldn't look like such a fvcking numpty right now....
    Mark C

Quote Originally Posted by GuiltySpark View Post
    Okay, my jokes aren't funny. But in my case thats not why I'm making them. I have zero ridicule for you guys who buy/support/love this rifle and 100% towards M+M. Guns are guns, buy lots! As I said it looks great! I'd even consider this rifle for around half the price just to have it but that's neither here nor there. (I'm in the market for an AK style/looking rifle, this looks sorta like a modern AK)

Say, I'd be willing to EMT you over $50 for a box of match grade 7.62x39 ammo to put through your M10X to see how accurate the DMR rifle is. Post pictures. Might boost sales for the rifle too, ya?
    You would be wasting $50, as I am the wrong guy to wring all possible accuracy out of any particular platform. Truth be told, I am not even remotely interested in knowing what the M10X is capable of with premium ammo, because that is not what I am ever going to feed mine. I certainly didn't buy my M10X as a precision rifle, "DMR" rifle, or some such animal. Like most others, I bought my M10X as an intermediate range plinker firing comparatively inexpensive surplus ammo. That's it, that's all. If anything, I am more interested in how the accuracy will stack up against an SKS or AK firing the same surplus fodder. I have a pretty good idea of what my AKMS was capable of 12 years ago when I last fired it, so will satisfy my own curiosity next week when my M10X arrives.

At half the price you are firmly in Type 81 territory. Now there is a head-to-head comparison that would be worthwhile. Unfortunately, things have become so polarized that it is doubtful we could find an unbiased panel of judges to compare the innate accuracy, ergonomics, fitment of parts, finish quality, optics readiness, accessory-friendliness, etc, etc. My guess is that the M10X would easily account for its comparatively premium price, but that is just conjecture at this point. I further suspect that when the dust settles, the M10X will compare more favourably with rifles costing even more, such as the Robarm XCM and the FAMAE 5.56mm. But that is just my bias showing, right?
    Last edited by Bartok5; 06-17-2018 at 02:24 PM.
    Mark C

CGN Ultra frequent flyer onetwentyish's Avatar
    I dont feel this is a fair assessment since ATRS is already selling billet AR15 reciever sets for the same exact price as their forcasted MS price. Machine time isn't cheap. The ATRS MS, MDI SLR, and BCL 102 reciever sets are all in line with US made AR billet recievers, which is quite amazing considering the smaller market. Also, the problem people have with M+M was the arbitrary price jump M+M did knowing a new market was near and then trying to justify it by jumping the US price and getting DMR fever. Haha

What possible reason would I have to defend M+M's marketing approach or NA's distribution practices? Serious question. Please elaborate on your theory, as you apparently have one...

Your last sentence fully explains my annoyance with the constant hate directed towards the M10X, so why do you insist on inferring more sinister motives my part?
    I stated at the start of my post that I figured you did not mean to defend them in the way it comes off as, perhaps I didn't word that as clearly as I should have.

From my perspective, I would agree with jiffx, it appears to be a case of defending your purchase decisions, which is fine, just understand most folks are only marginally offput by the support of M+M and NS at worst. Yes your purchase enables them, but lets face it, it aint the first and wont be the last time I or any others buy a NS imported product either. This is very similar to how others (cr5) felt about me continuing to attend TSE easter sales after the swiss fiasco in '13.

I dont have any ill feelings towards you or any others who bought the m10x, I vote with my money and for now I am withholding till I find one at a suitable price even if I have to buy used stateside, import, and re-barrel. I think most others feel similarly to me and their comments are like mine also not an attack on the owners but rather one on the businesses involved. Obviously I cant speak for them or you but thats the way I see things.

Regardless, more pics and range reports! I want a modern AK!
    "I dont usually bring targets im more of a dirt shooter." -daniel_250r
    I am the "small fringe minority" with "unacceptable" views.
    CCFR 🍁 CSSA