Page 11 of 25 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617181921 ... LastLast

Thread: M+M Industries M10x DMR - Non-Restricted 18.6” in 7.62x39mm Canada

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Can-down's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bartok5 View Post
    What possible reason would I have to defend M+M's marketing approach or NA's distribution practices? Serious question. Please elaborate on your theory, as you apparently have one...

Your last sentence fully explains my annoyance with the constant hate directed towards the M10X, so why do you insist on inferring more sinister motives my part?
    What possible reason would you have to get offended at other people who don't/didn't appreciate the DMR price hike?
    Just relax and get ready to enjoy your new toy! You likely have one the most enviable collections posted in recent years so it's hard to imagine why you would let some anonymous internet animosity towards M&M and North Sylva bother you.

Looking forward to range reports and group sizes.....
    Our Government trusts rivets more then law abiding gun owners.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer onetwentyish's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Can-down View Post
    What possible reason would you have to get offended at other people who don't/didn't appreciate the DMR price hike?
    Just relax and get ready to enjoy your new toy! You likely have one the most enviable collections posted in recent years so it's hard to imagine why you would let some anonymous internet animosity towards M&M and North Sylva bother you.

Thank you for condensing what I was trying to say in many respects!
    "I dont usually bring targets im more of a dirt shooter." -daniel_250r
    I am the "small fringe minority" with "unacceptable" views.
    CCFR 🍁 CSSA

CGN Regular
    Has anyone shot one of these yet? How do they perform?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer jiffx2781's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GaryF View Post
    Has anyone shot one of these yet? How do they perform?
    So far there's only been conjecture and speculation. Even by the few who have received them.

Hopefully someone who has one already is currently out there trying it out. I'd like to finally hear some real feedback

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by Bartok5 View Post
    As has already been discussed ad-nauseum, the "extra" $400 is easily accounted for as the result of US shipping, Canadian shipping, International brokerage, Export and Import applications and licenses, and so forth. Perhaps if you were paying attention instead of insulting entire blocks of CGN membership you wouldn't look like such a fvcking numpty right now....
    I'm no stranger to the game of import of firearms for the retail market. The costs are nowhere near as high as many vendors would have you believe. The fact that emails from m&m have been posted that indicate the Canadian market will be the whipping boy for slumping US sales is pretty hard to refute. Add in the games they played with two vendors and even a blind man can see we the shooting masses are getting fleeced. Enjoy your over priced mediocre rifle...

Quote Originally Posted by AB_blaster View Post
    Enjoy your over priced mediocre rifle...
    Thanks, I most certainly will! Perhaps even as much (or more) than I used to enjoy shooting my AKMS back in the day....
    Mark C

Quote Originally Posted by jiffx2781 View Post
    So far there's only been conjecture and speculation. Even by the few who have received them.

Hopefully someone who has one already is currently out there trying it out. I'd like to finally hear some real feedback
    https://ibb.co/goi1sy

Took mine to the range this morning and put 100 rds of S&B 124gr brass case through it. there were no malfunctions of any sort.

Once i sighted in my Eotech at 25 yrds i was able to put rounds through the same hole from the lead sled. Off hand shooting sitting down
    I could keep within a 3 inch group with maybe 5 - 8 seconds rest in between shots. Standing i was able to put 5 rounds in about a palm sized area.
    I would have tried more from the sled and pushed the distance but my mags wont allow the gun to sit properly so I was loading one round at a
    time to sight in the EXPS 2-0

The trigger is excellent IMO there is very little take up which feels somewhat like a click then you hit the wall and she breaks clean and with no "steps"
    or "creep" that i can feel. I can't test trigger pull as i don't have the gauge but if i had to guess id say it was a 3-4lb break. The reset is also very nice,
    easy to feel and hear. My RO said he could hear the reset from 10 feet away with his ear pro on lol.

It doesn't take long for the barrel to heat up and you can feel it through the hand gaurd. It never got hot to the touch just pretty warm, however if you were
    to mag dump i would suspect it to get extremely hot and gloves will be required.

This thing is a hog in the weight department, probably as heavy as my XCR-L with heavy barrel and quad rail. I suspect one would not want to lug it through
    the bush all day on a hunt. However, this beast feels like its built like a tank I believe the lower is steel and the upper is aluminium with steel inserts where
    the bolt rides. The machining is excellent, no tool marks and the BCG rides very smoothly in the upper. The blot and bolt carrier are of excellent quality as well,
    no tool marks there either and the bolt rides in its carrier like butter.

Overall i'm loving this rifle, feelings aside from the initial importing fiasco this is a slick rifle and IMHO is worth the price tag. If you can get your paws on one
    don't hesitate...

- Kozse

CGN Ultra frequent flyer bfiles's Avatar
    Nice review. Hopefully my injury is healed soon and I'll be off to the range myself.

Also any youtube vid you can watch on these are all pretty good reviews on how well they function, so people who say its unproven, well it's a hell of alot more proven then the BCL102 ;-)
    CSSA CCFR PROUD MEMBER
    "Sleep in bliss Pops"!!!!!!

Thanks for the initial range report. Your findings are entirely consistent with the video and text reviews that I have seen and read. No surprises, which is good news! I don't judge my firearms by the behaviour of their manufacturers, otherwise I wouldn't own any WW2 German or post-war Soviet firearms. Notwithstanding the purported antics of M+M Industries and North Sylva, and without in any way defending their actions or pricing model, I had no doubt that the M10X would be good value for the current asking price. And it is, so all is well with my decision to disregard the naysayers and purchase one. I look forward to my own range session with a new M10X this coming week when mine arrives.
    Mark C

Quote Originally Posted by Can-down View Post

I am not the least bit offended by those who choose to denigrate M+M Industries or North Sylva for their alleged pricing and/or distribution improprieties. What offends me are people who presume that just because I support the arrival of a new firearm such as the M10X, I also automatically support the manufacturer and distributor. That is akin to presuming that any collector of WW2 German firearms or other militaria is a Nazi because they admire their wartime designs. It is a foolish and incorrect inference, and THAT is what pisses me off! Well, that and fools - I also have a hard time abiding idiots without a clue as to whatever discussion is at hand....
    Last edited by Bartok5; 06-17-2018 at 05:21 PM.
    Mark C