Page 12 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2456789101112131415161718192022 ... LastLast

Thread: M+M Industries M10x DMR - Non-Restricted 18.6” in 7.62x39mm Canada

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    I tried one at a range is US, but it was the US version with a shorter barrel and none of the dmr nonsense.

It's an ok shooter, but it's not worth 2k$ imho. There's just too many good options on the market for that money. Unless you have everything else or you really want an ak-like rifle, 2k$ is better spent on another toy.

Quote Originally Posted by VinnyQC View Post
    I tried one at a range is US, but it was the US version with a shorter barrel and none of the dmr nonsense.

It's an ok shooter, but it's not worth 2k$ imho. There's just too many good options on the market for that money. Unless you have everything else or you really want an ak-like rifle, 2k$ is better spent on another toy.

2k spent on any firearm is a well spent 2k.

Like what? Curious what you would suggest as a more cost-effective alternative to the M10X in 7.62x39mm? Please don't say the Type 81, as there is little to compare between the two other than their calibre. Ergos, modularity and optics-readiness are key considerations for any modern design, all of which the T81s lack. I honestly wouldn't buy a T81 for half of its $1K asking price.

Perhaps you were including other calibres in your assessment? If so, what NR firearm would you suggest is better than the M10X at $2K? I am honestly curious which guns you hold in higher esteem and why. Please leave the M10X marketing fiasco out of it, as that has nothing to do with the quality or performance of the firearm itself...

Me? I really wanted an AK-like rifle to replace my....you guessed it - the Russian AKMS that I know and love, but am no longer permitted to legally discharge. These days? $2K is entry-level for a modern design of quality manufacture. That quality has has already been confirmed by those with Canadian NR rifles in-hand. So ignoring the misplaced marketing "DMR" hype, what's not to like about the M10X? Particularly if your intend to use it like an AK - as a surplus ammo firing, intermediate (300m) range plinker?
    Last edited by Bartok5; 06-17-2018 at 08:02 PM.
    Mark C

CGN Ultra frequent flyer bfiles's Avatar

Whatelese for 2k that's a better option??
    CSSA CCFR PROUD MEMBER
    "Sleep in bliss Pops"!!!!!!

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by Bartok5 View Post
    Thanks, I most certainly will! Perhaps even as much (or more) than I used to enjoy shooting my AKMS back in the day....
    Rub it in...

By no means scientific and far from apples to apples; but to give some reference point or idea how they compare

M10x
    4.2 kg no mag WITH acog

Centre of gravity front portion of mag well

CSA VZ58
    3.9 kg no mag WITH acog and RMR and few mods

Centre of gravity right in the middle of mag well

Type 81
    3.7 kg no mag, no optics, no mods

Centre of gravity right in the middle of mag well

CGN Ultra frequent flyer jiffx2781's Avatar
    .....what NR firearm would you suggest is better than the M10X at $2K? I am honestly curious which guns you hold in higher esteem and why.
    First off I'm not telling you my choice is right and your's is wrong. You asked a question so here's my opinion.

I'd buy one of those overpriced (4x their value, as you say) NR receiver sets you were mocking. My first build comes in at $1845. It was 1k for the receiver set plus $845 for a complete new Stag Arms A2 rifle kit.

With $2k you can build pretty much anything in any common caliber that you wish. If the build starts to exceed $2k it's only because you are choosing to use higher end parts. Keep it in the $2k price range and you have a rifle that is every bit comparable to the M10X.

Plus with my "overpriced" receiver set I have no worries about future parts availability as the only proprietary part is the receiver. I can buy ar15 parts virtually anywhere.

The M10X is a completely proprietary firearm. There is no certainty that M&M will be around for me should I ever need support in the future. With the receiver sets I can support it myself as AR parts aren't ever going away.

Buy whatever we like. Justify it however we like. Doesn't make anybody's choice any more right than the other guy thinks he is. Just my .02

CGN Ultra frequent flyer bfiles's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AB_blaster View Post
    Rub it in...
    He has every right too rub it in if you want to start BS. Mark probably has one of the most extensive collections among even some museums.

He knows what the #### he is talking about
    CSSA CCFR PROUD MEMBER
    "Sleep in bliss Pops"!!!!!!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer beltfed's Avatar
    Like what? Curious what you would suggest as a more cost-effective alternative to the M10X in 7.62x39mm? Please don't say the Type 81, as there is little to compare between the two other than their calibre. Ergos, modularity and optics-readiness are key considerations for any modern design, all of which the T81s lack. I honestly wouldn't buy a T81 for half of its $1K asking price.

Perhaps you were including other calibres in your assessment? If so, what NR firearm would you suggest is better than the M10X at $2K? I am honestly curious which guns you hold in higher esteem and why. Please leave the M10X marketing fiasco out of it, as that has nothing to do with the quality or performance of the firearm itself...

Me? I really wanted an AK-like rifle to replace my....you guessed it - the Russian AKMS that I know and love, but am no longer permitted to legally discharge. These days? $2K is entry-level for a modern design of quality manufacture. That quality has has already been confirmed by those with Canadian NR rifles in-hand. So ignoring the misplaced marketing "DMR" hype, what's not to like about the M10X? Particularly if your intend to use it like an AK - as a surplus ammo firing, intermediate (300m) range plinker?
    At the risk of, but by no means intending to inject myself into the M10x bashing:
    I think a rifle to rival the modern amenities of the M10x; 'ergos, modularity and optic-readiness included', while at the same time achieving the classic, simplistic AK-like rifle to replace an AKMS doesn't exist in one rifle - the M10x included. I think the descriptors are so 'apples and oranges' from each other as to define two very different rifles.
    While it's true the T-81 lacks the ergos, modularity and ability to accept optics, it does offer the old school 'battle rattle' appeal of an AKM, as does the soon to be prohib. VZ-58s
    In that regard, it could be argued the T-81s are more akin to the AKMS than the M10x is.
    As a service rifle aficionado, and someone not easily swayed by peer perceptions on a platform I'd be interested to hear your reasoning for boycotting a T-81 from your collection.
    Life Member CCFR and CSSA
    Posts made by the pseudonym "Beltfed" may not accurately reflect the beliefs and opinions of the Registered User.

Quote Originally Posted by beltfed View Post
    At the risk of, but by no means intending to inject myself into the M10x bashing:
    I think a rifle to rival the modern amenities of the M10x; 'ergos, modularity and optic-readiness included', while at the same time achieving the classic, simplistic AK-like rifle to replace an AKMS doesn't exist in one rifle - the M10x included. I think the descriptors are so 'apples and oranges' from each other as to define two very different rifles.
    While it's true the T-81 lacks the ergos, modularity and ability to accept optics, it does offer the old school 'battle rattle' appeal of an AKM, as does the soon to be prohib. VZ-58s
    In that regard, it could be argued the T-81s are more akin to the AKMS than the M10x is.
    As a service rifle aficionado, and someone not easily swayed by peer perceptions on a platform I'd be interested to hear your reasoning for boycotting a T-81 from your collection.
    I'm going with to justify paying double for something that shoots the same caliber. You know he dosen't have one.