Page 15 of 25 FirstFirst ... 57891011121314151617181920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: M+M Industries M10x DMR - Non-Restricted 18.6” in 7.62x39mm Canada

Quote Originally Posted by bfiles View Post
    Quality is definitely 10x better then a T81 ;-)
    Would hope so

Quote Originally Posted by bfiles View Post
    Quality is definitely 10x better then a T81 ;-)
    Agreed 100%. I received my M10X today and am very pleased overall! The quality of manufacture really shines through. I would say that mine honestly compares very favorably to my Swissarms in terms of machining, fit and finish. It is as well built as any of the military service rifles in my collection, and is actually better than most. I am really looking forwards to zeroing and grouping the M10X later this week or next.

I have posted my initial impressions and some photos in the "Unboxing" thread. There is a tip there that I have discovered regarding "gap gaskets" for those that fear an ingress of debris through the unused Cocking Handle slot....

Mark C

CGN Ultra frequent flyer r34skyline's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bartok5 View Post
    Agreed 100%. I received my M10X today and am very pleased overall! The quality of manufacture really shines through. I would say that mine honestly compares very favorably to my Swissarms in terms of machining, fit and finish. It is as well built as any of the military service rifles in my collection, and is actually better than most. I am really looking forwards to zeroing and grouping the M10X later this week or next.

I have posted my initial impressions and some photos in the "Unboxing" thread. There is a tip there that I have discovered regarding "gap gaskets" for those that fear an ingress of debris through the unused Cocking Handle slot....

Are you not going to be running irons on that or is that just the preliminary setup?

Can the weapon function without this "gasket"?

Would you be feeding it surplus corossive ammo? If so which types of surplus are you planning on running through that?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Phat Eagle's Avatar
    fuggedaboutit

Quote Originally Posted by r34skyline View Post
    Are you not going to be running irons on that or is that just the preliminary setup?

Can the weapon function without this "gasket"?

Would you be feeding it surplus corossive ammo? If so which types of surplus are you planning on running through that?
    There are offset Magpul Mbus pro BUIS on the rifle. Look closely...

The gasket is not required. I only mention it because some have criticized the firearm for having open cocking handle slots on both sides, potentially allowing foreign matter into the receiver where it can affect function. The gasket just seals the unused Cocking Handle slot without interfering with the Bolt carrier's travel.

Of course I plan to run surplus ammo! This is (to me) the entire idea behind owning a 7.62x39mm rifle - cheap surplus ammo for plinking steel out to 300m. I certainly don't shoot the calibre for its stellar ballistics, and I don't plan to hunt with It! Corrosive ammo is fine so long as you clean after firing to neutralize the corrosive primer residue. The nitro-carbeurized finish on the steel components of the M10X (including the bore) is supposed to be impervious to corrosive ammo regardless.
    Last edited by Bartok5; 06-20-2018 at 03:30 AM.
    Mark C

Any info on where to get those mags would be helpful. Thanks for sharing your thoughts on the rifle.

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Bartok5 View Post
    I only mention it because some have criticized the firearm for having open cocking handle slots on both sides, potentially allowing foreign matter into the receiver where it can affect function.
    My concern is not debris entering the action as much as exiting the action. The last thing I want is a face full of powder from some ruptured case. I personally will be all too happy to run the charging handle on the right side and plug the left side off completely if for no other reason than operator safety... not that I need a better reason.

Guys in the USA who run supressors will probably have issue with this because the supressor would almost certainly cause blowback.

I fired the rifle (unsupressed of course) on Saturday and did not notice any blowback, but then again I had no ruptures. Not that they are frequent but they are possible and I'd rather be safe than sorry. I'd buy a right side cover in 2 seconds if I could find such a thing.

i ordered one 7 months ago from general gun and you guys never sent them zero but down the highway gets 8 come on

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by aapaullo View Post
    i ordered one 7 months ago from general gun and you guys never sent them zero but down the highway gets 8 come on
    Actually they got one, not two. Sorry but I odered mine the day before you did.

The delivery schedule is sporadic at best. I ordered in Nov from Sports Action and there are no indications when they'll be delivered. It would have been quicker to pick one off a shelf at a stocking dealer, pre-orders seem hard to manage in this industry. Won't jump on those again anytime soon.