Page 7 of 25 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141517 ... LastLast

Thread: M+M Industries M10x DMR - Non-Restricted 18.6” in 7.62x39mm Canada

man the dude must have some pretty dirty firearms..
    Not really sure how a display picture even relates to being handed a firearm in a store setting.
    Not to mention North Sylva doesn't even sell to the public they are an importer/distributor...

SMFH. the last thing the firearm community needs is spite and shady people trying to get others in trouble where there is no issue to begin with.

That would be like my ex from 20 years ago in high school calling in to report a spousal safety concern. Un-just.

Shame on you dude

EDIT: please Delete to clean up the thread
    Last edited by ROYAL403; 06-14-2018 at 12:32 PM. Reason: DELETE

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by ted_dent View Post
    MSRP often bears no resemblance to selling price. Case in point, the new Ruger PC rifle's MSRP is $600 but despite the fact that they are in high demand I have already seen them selling stateside for less than $500, so discounted by about 17%. Based on that if this gun's MSRP is $1500 US it should sell in the states for around $1200-1250. Even with the exchange, etc. it's pretty hard to justify a $750 price jump for Canadians. If I'm going to get screwed I would at least want flowers & a dinner first.

I agree it's a nice looking gun but the price jump and all the theatrics have killed my enthusiasm. I think I'll just wait for Wolverine to come out with their 7.62x39 version of the WK 180 for a lot less dough and guaranteed good warranty service.
    I'm struggling with your math Ted... If the rifle retails for MSRP of 1500 USD and the current US Can exchange rate is 31 percent then with no importer markup the rifle should MSRP in Canada for 1500 x 1.31 = $1965.

And if the actual prices posted in the USA are in the range of $1250 USD then we might expect 1250 x 1.31 = $1637 Canadian... again with no importer markup.

So Full up at $2,000 does not seem so out of line with our southern friends and maybe once the enthusiasm slows down we might see them on shelves for $1800 or so.

As metioned somewhere above, this rifle is roughly half the price of a Bushmaster ACR DMR and it appears to me to be similarily manufactured.

So please guys get over the Wan****** miscomunication issue and be happy with a nice rifle that we can enjoy in the field over here.

when the screwjob is this blatantly in your face, I wouldn't buy one if it came with a fire extinguisher and my arse was alight.
    lol and ditto
    The possession of arms is the distinction of a free man from a slave.

I'll buy one after Portugal wins this world cup :D

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Maple57 View Post
    I'm struggling with your math Ted... If the rifle retails for MSRP of 1500 USD and the current US Can exchange rate is 31 percent then with no importer markup the rifle should MSRP in Canada for 1500 x 1.31 = $1965.

And if the actual prices posted in the USA are in the range of $1250 USD then we might expect 1250 x 1.31 = $1637 Canadian... again with no importer markup.

So Full up at $2,000 does not seem so out of line with our southern friends and maybe once the enthusiasm slows down we might see them on shelves for $1800 or so.
    Remember that the importers aren't paying anywhere near $1600. They're buying them at wholesale prices so at a selling price of $1600 Canadian they would be making the same markup as U.S. dealers.
    And adding insult to injury (although not the fault of the manufacturers or dealers) Canadian buyers always get clipped for another 5-15% in sales tax (depending on the province) whereas US. buyers who purchase out of state pay no sales tax. That means we get dinged another $100-300 in tax, pushing the total to $2100-2300 which is close to double what our American friends would pay or the same gun.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer bfiles's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ted_dent View Post
    Remember that the importers aren't paying anywhere near $1600. They're buying them at wholesale prices so at a selling price of $1600 Canadian they would be making the same markup as U.S. dealers.
    And adding insult to injury (although not the fault of the manufacturers or dealers) Canadian buyers always get clipped for another 5-15% in sales tax (depending on the province) whereas US. buyers who purchase out of state pay no sales tax. That means we get dinged another $100-300 in tax, pushing the total to $2100-2300 which is close to double what our American friends would pay or the same gun.
    Who cares at this point, dont like it dont buy it. There are many more "better rifles" then at much more dollars if ya want to go buy
    CSSA CCFR PROUD MEMBER
    "Sleep in bliss Pops"!!!!!!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer GuiltySpark's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wrangler4867 View Post
    Anyone price an ACR or XCR lately?
    $1400 for a conversation kit.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer GuiltySpark's Avatar
    Very nice looking rifle.

Curious how accurate this DMR will be, along with the quality of the rifle. I hope cgn users who buy this offer up honest reviews.

My only complaint: This is legal and non-restricted... The Galil Ace is still prohibited. Might have to get one one of these days, if only to fill the void.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Claven2's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylegger View Post
    "other guns"??? You must have a stroke whenever you purchase groceries, fill up your vehicles gas tanks, your oil tank. Have you had your septic system scoped recently??? Had your vehicle repaired at a shop in the last 25 years? If so I'm surprised you haven't been committed and wearing a straight jacket yet. The only mistake M+M made was to deal with a couple Canadian retailers/distibutors who, because of their own incompetence, decided to air their stupidity publicly.

Without knowledge of costs/profit margins/pressures from investors/creditors how do you pretend to understand what is just or not?
    LOL - someone was not paying attention.

Go look at the stateside prices, not fake MSRP but actual retail, and tell me there is no #NONRESTRICTEDTAX
    Keeping it real on the range since before there was a CGN.