Page 20 of 25 FirstFirst ... 101213141516171819202122232425 LastLast

Thread: M+M Industries M10x DMR - Non-Restricted 18.6” in 7.62x39mm Canada

Looks pretty cool

Quote Originally Posted by Bartok5 View Post
    I thought some of you might be interested in a direct comparison shot with the inspiration for the complete Lower Receiver of the M10X as well as its Bolt Carrier Group, which is very close to the Swissarms (itself derived from the AK/AKM):

Those look great! Thanks for the comparison. There are also some of us that are interested in where to get mags like that. Any help?

Quote Originally Posted by kilo3niner View Post
    Those look great! Thanks for the comparison. There are also some of us that are interested in where to get mags like that. Any help?
    The company that got the boot from CGN used to carry them... I got mine out of the USA. Soviet mags are $$$

My bakelite mags came from a big dealer in the UK. I had them shipped to a 3rd party importer in Yuma, Arizona for rivetting and importation. It was not a cheap route to go, but at the time there were no alternatives because all US dealers so were sold out. That may or may not be the case any longer.
    Mark C

Anyone still looking to buy one of these? I might have a lead on one

We have them at Calgary Shooting Centre....
    Please email all requests for information on product availability/ordering to orders@theshootingcentre.com. Any prices quoted are only valid for 30 days from date of original posting. All firearm and ammunition sales subject to PAL verification.

Quote Originally Posted by CSC-Geoff View Post
    We have them at Calgary Shooting Centre....
    Bakelite? Or just PMags? Or do you mean the rifles?
    Last edited by Bartok5; 06-22-2018 at 02:43 PM.
    Mark C

CGN frequent flyer
    Well I got out to the range with my M10X this morning. I originally tried it with a Meprolight red dot but switched to a Bushnell AR Optic 3-12X for accuracy testing and I shot at 12X with parallax dialed out.

It likes to feed Dominion and Hornady ammo but its far from reliable with Norinco copper washed ammo. I had one round that just did not want to come out and I had to drive the charging handle into the table a few times to clear it.

Accuracy in general was less than I expected and not as good as my Chinese SKS. Closer to my scoped Marlin 30-30.

Accuracy with Hornady ammo was best of the 3 types tested but nothing I would brag about. Smallest 5 shot group at 100 meters was 2.75 inches. Most we closer to 4 inches. Some were a little worse.

My feeling is that it would probably shot better with some work on the gas system. I tried running it with the gas off, but setting to 0 is not really off. But at 0 I shot the best groups.

I would like to see the gas system adjustment more positive and tactile because its kind of wishy washy and I was never quite sure it was where I wanted it.

I did have a little trouble inserting the mag sometimes because if I wasn't quite vertical it got stuck and I'd have to work it lose again.

Overall I do like the rifle even though this feedback probably sounds a little harsh.

Since they call it a DMR rifle I was honestly expecting better accuracy.

Hopefully other guys are getting better accuracy than I did.

Quote Originally Posted by Bartok5 View Post
    Bakelite? Or just PMags? Or do you mean the rifles?
    I think they meant rifles.
    But last I checked, CSC also has AK pmags.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Maple57 View Post
    Well I got out to the range with my M10X this morning. I originally tried it with a Meprolight red dot but switched to a Bushnell AR Optic 3-12X for accuracy testing and I shot at 12X with parallax dialed out.

It likes to feed Dominion and Hornady ammo but its far from reliable with Norinco copper washed ammo. I had one round that just did not want to come out and I had to drive the charging handle into the table a few times to clear it.

Accuracy in general was less than I expected and not as good as my Chinese SKS. Closer to my scoped Marlin 30-30

Overall I do like the rifle even though this feedback probably sounds a little harsh.

Since they call it a DMR rifle I was honestly expecting better accuracy.

Hopefully other guys are getting better accuracy than I did.
    HHMMM...Glad I'm still on the fence..Almost did a impulse buy last night(glad I didn't)
    It's a $2000+ gun with lots of comparables coming to market in other calibres