Page 19 of 45 FirstFirst ... 911121314151617181920212223242526272939 ... LastLast

Thread: Canadian made "black" rifle

CGN Ultra frequent flyer bfiles's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Deckard View Post
    Gun dudes using their wits to design something innovate while determined to not drive up prices is cool.
    What if people paid over 1500$ for said rifle cuz they want it, are they price pimps or company whores!?!??!?!
    CSSA CCFR PROUD MEMBER
    "Sleep in bliss Pops"!!!!!!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Travis Bickle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Daver_II View Post
    It is if you want it cheap...
    Exactly.
    "Good accuracy" for a semi auto target rifle in 5.56mm is 2-3 MOA with bulk commercial ammo in my opinion.
    Hitting steel plates at 300 meters, shooting pop cans at 100 meters, close up paper punching for the weekend warrior types who are into that stuff.
    If I want sub MOA I'm going to a big, heavy, unwieldy bolt gun. Not a semi auto small caliber black rifle. Why do people not get this?
    We need to separate the requirements and expectations here or the rifle will always come out a) a confused mess b) not reliable c) same price as all the other crazy expensive NR black rifles and/or all 3.
    It doesn't have to be built like a tank. You don't need to be able to drop it from a chopper and pick it up and keep firing. It doesn't have to pass the youtube "mud tests".
    Just be cheap, reliable and practical enough to hold it in your hands and shoot the damn thing.

Semi auto
    5.56mm
    STANAG mags
    Light
    Simple
    Cheap
    Reliable.
    2-3 MOA

Market success!
    Guns only have two natural enemies; politicians and rust.

Quote Originally Posted by Travis Bickle View Post
    Exactly.
    "Good accuracy" for a semi auto target rifle in 5.56mm is 2-3 MOA with bulk commercial ammo in my opinion.
    Hitting steel plates at 300 meters, shooting pop cans at 100 meters, close up paper punching for the weekend warrior types who are into that stuff.
    If I want sub MOA I'm going to a big, heavy, unwieldy bolt gun. Not a semi auto small caliber black rifle. Why do people not get this?
    We need to separate the requirements and expectations here or the rifle will always come out a) a confused mess b) not reliable c) same price as all the other crazy expensive NR black rifles and/or all 3.
    It doesn't have to be built like a tank. You don't need to be able to drop it from a chopper and pick it up and keep firing. It doesn't have to pass the youtube "mud tests".
    Just be cheap, reliable and practical enough to hold it in your hands and shoot the damn thing.

Semi auto
    5.56mm
    STANAG mags
    Light
    Simple
    Cheap
    Reliable.
    2-3 MOA

Market success!
    My thoughts exactly! :D
    A french Canadian lost in a Communist country..

I'm in. Just don't tell my wife

CGN Ultra frequent flyer lone-wolf's Avatar
    Exactly.

Semi auto
    5.56mm
    STANAG mags
    Light
    Simple
    Cheap
    Reliable.
    2-3 MOA

Market success!
    So a mini14 that takes STANAG mags
    The wild still lingered in him and the wolf in him merely slept

"It must be poor life that achieves freedom from fear" - Aldo Leopold

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Exactly.

Semi auto
    5.56mm
    STANAG mags
    Light
    Simple
    Cheap
    Reliable.
    2-3 MOA

Market success!
    Add:
    -Pistol grip
    -NR
    -Doesn't require 2+ years to issue an FRT
    Last edited by VinnyQC; 10-28-2017 at 10:42 PM.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by lone-wolf View Post
    So a mini14 that takes STANAG mags
    No. Like an AR180b. Without any mod.

Why is it so complicated to wrap one's head around? Why try to make something so complicated? It exists. It is there. It can be roughly the same as a basic AR-15 but NR in Canada. Just think S&W M&P Sport2, but unrestricted, with a slightly higher price to account for lower volume (800-850$ instead of 700$).

Of course a lot of people won't hunt with them, but some will. A lot of people have NR PAL and shooting club memberships, and they can't get an AR. Some people in the country would just want to shoot an AR on their own land.

And another plus: make an AR that's not (legally) an AR15, for the price of an AR15 (ok, slightly more), and BAM, you've opened the gate. Like BCL just did with the 102.

Wolverine has a B&T magwell adapter for $120 for VZ858 to adapt to 10 Rd XCR x39 mags
    Use with WR762 and you have Canadian Rifle .
    Last edited by Nowara; 10-29-2017 at 12:03 AM.

CGN Regular
    I'm sitting here watching Nutnfancy's review of the AR180, and more and more I'm thinking this would be an incredible starting point for an absolutely amazing Canadian original black rifle. The faults of this rifle lie not in its basic design, but rather the build quality - crappy stamped metal, weak folding stock mechanism, crappy trigger, etc. Using the AR180 as a starting point, but using 2017 production capabilities, a builder could produce something absolutely phenomenal.

I'm excited about this idea

CGN Regular
    I'm eager to see what comes of this.