Page 37 of 45 FirstFirst ... 17272930313233343536373839404142434445 LastLast

Thread: Canadian made "black" rifle

Quote Originally Posted by Coffice View Post
    I would contribute to this. I'm literally at the point of putting an add out for an AR180b I can build off of at this point. Been waiting on my restricted card for a while now, and I mostly collect milsurps so the 180b as a piece of rifle developmental history fits my collection better then a go-fast AR or what have you.
    I'm not sure what you mean by build off of but there really isn't anything you can do to an AR180B other than add a crappy quadrail and an AR stock if your willing to hack up your lower receiver.
    I'm hoping CA's 180 project will change that. If I'm lucky enough to beta test the lower and then if they do an upper and I end up being a tester for that which would give me a free complete rifle I'm pretty sure I'd still buy another complete production rifle. Don't worry, I'd wait to order one for a while so guys without one could have one before I have three. I'm a nice guy like that, lol.

My 180B is about to get an ALG ACT nickel boron trigger, it's in the toolbox just waiting for me to get motivated. I have one of these triggers in an AR and love it, it's a nice single stage.
    Don't be so sensitive snowflake, words can't hurt you.
    "Facts don't care about your feelings" Ben Shapiro
    If it's on the muzzle it's a brake NOT a break

By the power vested in me as God of my world.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Travis Bickle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cr5 View Post
    I'm not sure what you mean by build off of but there really isn't anything you can do to an AR180B other than add a crappy quadrail and an AR stock if your willing to hack up your lower receiver.
    I'm hoping CA's 180 project will change that. If I'm lucky enough to beta test the lower and then if they do an upper and I end up being a tester for that which would give me a free complete rifle I'm pretty sure I'd still buy another complete production rifle. Don't worry, I'd wait to order one for a while so guys without one could have one before I have three. I'm a nice guy like that, lol.

My 180B is about to get an ALG ACT nickel boron trigger, it's in the toolbox just waiting for me to get motivated. I have one of these triggers in an AR and love it, it's a nice single stage.
    The AR180b strayed in the right direction with bad execution is the best way I can describe it. They were close but they mucked up a truly ingenious design (the AR18/AR180)
    The actual AR180 is what we need. Just with the 180b AR15 FCG and Magazine compatibility concept put into it. Keep it all stamped sheet metal upper and lower. Dump the eject port cover and keep the AR180b style cocking handle for cost saving, AR15 fire control group and magazines and you have a knock out money maker as long as it's reliable with any ammo.

I'm a just leave these guys laying out here for while :D

Guns only have two natural enemies; politicians and rust.

CGN Regular
    With today's modern CNC machining, I feel like you could execute an improved version of that design for barely more than stamped metal wpuld cost.

Quote Originally Posted by Longarm9 View Post
    With today's modern CNC machining, I feel like you could execute an improved version of that design for barely more than stamped metal wpuld cost.
    i agree, Esp if you already have a CNC machine. Getting the tooling made for stamping the parts would be expensive than if you already had the CNC machine.
    "This year will go down in history. For the first time, a civilized nation has full gun registration! Our streets will be safer, our police more efficient, and the world will follow our lead into the future."
    Adolf Hitler, 1935

Quote Originally Posted by Travis Bickle View Post
    The AR180b strayed in the right direction with bad execution is the best way I can describe it. They were close but they mucked up a truly ingenious design (the AR18/AR180)
    The actual AR180 is what we need. Just with the 180b AR15 FCG and Magazine compatibility concept put into it. Keep it all stamped sheet metal upper and lower. Dump the eject port cover and keep the AR180b style cocking handle for cost saving, AR15 fire control group and magazines and you have a knock out money maker as long as it's reliable with any ammo.

I'm a just leave these guys laying out here for while :D

That looks straight out of fallout only I’m hoping it’s straight outta lowcash. That’s where I’m living these days. When you gotta stop living up here and start living down here In povertyville. We demand our quality yet low prices !

Quote Originally Posted by cr5 View Post

I'd use one of the new SPUD lowers if possible, or Can Am's production unit, for starters. It seems to me the 180b is entering a Renaissance period of accessory production which is why I want to jump on it now.

What is the deal with that cocking handle?
    It looks rediculous
    cssa,ccfr,ofah

Quote Originally Posted by Mredward View Post
    What is the deal with that cocking handle?
    It looks rediculous
    That's the original design.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Deckard's Avatar
    Like the Galil it's to reach over to cock.
    Listen, and understand. That Liberal is out there. It can’t be bargained with. It can’t be reasoned with. It doesn’t feel pity, or remorse- only fear. And it absolutely will not stop, ever, until your guns are gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Coffice View Post
    I'd use one of the new SPUD lowers if possible, or Can Am's production unit, for starters. It seems to me the 180b is entering a Renaissance period of accessory production which is why I want to jump on it now.
    The Spud lower does nothing but add cost and weight to a rifle unless you have a prohib rifle you can add your upper to. Other than that unless you have a broken polymer 180B lower it's nothing but weight and money. I'm hoping CA's lower is stage one and an upper is stage two. Then a complete rifle is option 3 followed by parts compatible with AR180B-2 rifles availability bringing the 180 back into being an affordable viable option in the Canadian non restricted marketplace.
    Just remember, these are not ever going to be sub moa precision rifles, keep your expectations realistic and the AR180B is a great rifle.
    Last edited by cr5; 11-12-2017 at 11:30 PM.